• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Philadelphia Flyers at Boston Bruins 4/5/14 | 1:00pm

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed I also think the players stepped in and were concerned about too much travel. They still messed up as 1st seeds play out of division in east and possibly west... I think you take top 4 in each division for better or worse.

They will expand so that part will be corrected I knew it as soon as I saw the uneven conferences.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed I also think the players stepped in and were concerned about too much travel. They still messed up as 1st seeds play out of division in east and possibly west... I think you take top 4 in each division for better or worse.

They will expand so that part will be corrected I knew it as soon as I saw the uneven conferences.

if you're going after less travel though, there's a way to do divisions so that no teams play across more than 1 time zone for divisional games.

sharks
ducks
kings
canucks
flames

avs
wild
coyotes
oilers
jets

blackhawks
red wings
blues
blue jackets
stars

pens
flyers
devils
rangers
isles

panthers
bolts
predators
canes
caps

leafs
habs
sens
bruins
sabres

might wreck some rivalries, and obviously the reinvented southeast is AWFUL right now.. but it makes the most sense travel wise IMO

play everyone in your division 6 times (24 games). play everyone else home and away (50 games). then you have 6 games to do something crazy with. you could do a 3 game series with your big rival to open and close the season. you could do 3 games against your big rival to start the season, then a 3 game series with whoever is next to you in the standings to end the season. (80 game season in my scenario)

you could get rid of east/west.. 6 division winners are the top 6.. everything else is a wild card? or 2nd place gets the 2nd 6.. you could do playoffs however you wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i kinda like that 'open the season with a 3 game set against your rival' concept.. opening week = rivalry week. every team plays 3 games against their fiercest rival?

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i kinda like that 'open the season with a 3 game set against your rival' concept.. opening week = rivalry week. every team plays 3 games against their fiercest rival?

So like baseball series, except only 1 to open the season? That would be cool if they did the to open and close a season like that or just even with home & homes