• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phil Simms on Andrew Luck

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What constitutes not taking risks? Low INT numbers? Because he's at the top of the PAC-12 in long yardage completions.

The difficulty of his passes. Tomorrow late in the day, I'll explain better using clips on youtube.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing. Luck is 7/8 on 3rd down 10+ to go. 6 of those 7 completions went over 15 yards. Furthermore, 13 of his 20 25+ yard completions came in the second half of games. 26 of his 50 15+ came in the second half as well.

That's hardly a game manager.

:finger:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's the difference between us. I don't think risks have to be forced. Some can exploit the right holes so effectively it starts to look easy. The need for risks goes down with big leads.

Luck is basically being knocked for being to effective at what he is called to do. He isn't a gunslinger, he is a surgeon. He does what he needs to. Most of these criticisms aren't a criticism of him, it's the system or team he plays on. But when he throws pro passes he is also effective there.

Seriously. Luck IS the Stanford offense. How anyone can even hint that he's a game manager is borderline lunacy.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's the difference between us. I don't think risks have to be forced. Some can exploit the right holes so effectively it starts to look easy. The need for risks goes down with big leads.

Luck is basically being knocked for being to effective at what he is called to do. He isn't a gunslinger, he is a surgeon. He does what he needs to. Most of these criticisms aren't a criticism of him, it's the system or team he plays on. But when he throws pro passes he is also effective there.

He isn't being knocked at all, it's just something that he hasn't done, hence you can't grade it.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why make things more difficult than they have to be? so he doesn't take favre type risks, how is that a bad thing?

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Are those passes that travel 15+ or 25+ yards in the air, or is there the possibility of YAC being included?

indeed that needs to be checked.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't being knocked at all, it's just something that he hasn't done, hence you can't grade it.

Who do you want him to pass to? He has only two legit college WRs, Whalen and Owusu, and they've caught 30 and 33 passes respectively. Next up is Fleener with only 18.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Are those passes that travel 15+ or 25+ yards in the air, or is there the possibility of YAC being included?

No idea. They don't go that indepth. Just says completions of 15+ and 25+.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difficulty of his passes. Tomorrow late in the day, I'll explain better using clips on youtube.

So what you are saying is he makes good reads and throws the ball to safe areas instead of trying to do stupid shit like Farve or Romo with the ball?

Yeah, he is not a gun slinger for sure. He is too smart to do that crap.

I have seen him makes some throws that NFL QBs are scared to do and place them perfectly. It looks like they are easy throws, but they are not.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea. They don't go that indepth. Just says completions of 15+ and 25+.

Couldn't it be tracked through receivers YAC stats? I know some sites track it, just don't dig around in stats enough to remember.

Every time I've watched them I see plenty of attempts that have good depth to them though.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is the worse thread ever! I am ashamed at some of you for even trying to rebute this ridiculous claim - why waste 10 minutes of your precious time in life in which you'll never get back. This is a Cazicesque type of waste of time thread.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is the worse thread ever! I am ashamed at some of you for even trying to rebute this ridiculous claim - why waste 10 minutes of your precious time in life in which you'll never get back. This is a Cazicesque type of waste of time thread.

Well said.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
luck is more restricted by the offense because stanford lacks the big time talent on the outside.

Exactly what I said. He is forced to manage the game do to the offense he is in. I think people are getting wrapped up in different definitions of game manager. It's pretty obvious where I said he would throw more if he actually had some WRs and if his run game was less successful. He's in an offense where the run game is very effective, when called upon Luck makes the plays. That is my definition of a game manager. Make plays and not mistakes, not be asked to throw the entire game because you have no run game.
Now stop crying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Clyde, You know better than to refer to ONE TE when comparing reception totals vs WRs for the Stanford offense.
Fleener has 18 but Ertz has 22 and Toilolo has 12. Hell their FB has 19. Taylor one of their RBs has 16 for those interested.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, and for those that think 12 TDs to 11 INTs is a game manager, GTFO of here. That is a scrub that was bailed out.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly, Luck is obviously a game manager with a weak arm. I don't know why we're arguing about this. (Sarcasm)

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, Luck is obviously a game manager with a weak arm. I don't know why we're arguing about this. (Sarcasm)

Simms never said he had a weak arm.