• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phil Jackson quotes from Mike & Mike

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I laughed," Jackson told ESPN's "Mike & Mike in the Morning" show Wednesday. "It was humorous to me when Mitch said that we think that Mike is a better coach for this group of guys."

Jackson said he believes the Lakers made the decision largely based on catering to Steve Nash, their 39-year-old point guard who was limited to 50 games this season as he battled a variety of injuries.
"I think it didn't happen because there was some concern how are we going to move in the right direction for this ballclub," Jackson said. "When Mitch gave me the call close to midnight on Sunday night right before I was going to give them an answer Monday morning and said, 'We've made a choice. We're going to hire Mike D'Antoni. We think he's the best coach for this group of guys.' My answer was, 'For Steve Nash, yes, I agree but for Dwight Howard, I'm not so sure.'

"In the process of thinking about how they could best use the team I think they thought first and foremost about Steve Nash and how Steve Nash was going to fit inside of an offensive system that I coach. ... I think that was a concern for them."

"They wanted to move to a quicker, 3-point oriented game, which is kind of the rage right now in the NBA," Jackson said. "I felt like with Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard we could emulate a lot of what we did with Andrew Bynum and Pau and pound the ball inside and have an interior game that was strong. But it was their choice and that's all right with me.

"It was OK with me if that's what they wanted to do. In fact, there was a little part of me that felt relief in not having to strap it up and make the decision and get on the road. I think it was only five games into the year so we still had 77 games left to go in that season."

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL the last one makes him sound really lazy, I guess carrying around 13 rings makes you tired.

True bad ass, Lakers dropped a huge ball picking Nash over D12.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest mistake of the season not rehiring PJ. The roster was a much better fit for the triangle. D12 is supposed to be the future of the team, not Steve Nash. This decision ultimately may be the reason why D12 doesn't resign.

I think Nash would have been fine in the triangle. His skill set may have been somewhat marginalized in it, but he would have seen plenty of open perimeter jumpers. Instead they hired D'Antoni who marginalized the big's skill sets.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL the last one makes him sound really lazy, I guess carrying around 13 rings makes you tired.

True bad ass, Lakers dropped a huge ball picking Nash over D12.

He has health issues

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has health issues

He told the team before the 2011 playoffs that he had cancer. He's dealt with hip issues, hence the high chair. He's an old man who sounds like he's done with coaching.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From carrying around all those rings no doubt.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me want to kick Jim Buss ass even more.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry but he is going Pittsburgh Pirate you guys, but probably not in the way that is profitable like they do in Pittsburgh.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel horrible for Phil, he had a 100 million dollar contract lined up had the Kings moved to Seattle, but now has to do a book tour instead.