• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phil Jackson, Knicks finalizing deal

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I wouldn't believe a word Smith says. He's just a blowhard. An entertainer bent on cashing checks. And its sort of sad because unlike ubertroll Skip Bayless, Smith actually has the history and contacts to be a legit NBA reporter. Like Adrian Wojnarowski level. But he sold out for the easy money.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I wouldn't believe a word Smith says. He's just a blowhard. An entertainer bent on cashing checks. And its sort of sad because unlike ubertroll Skip Bayless, Smith actually has the history and contacts to be a legit NBA reporter. Like Adrian Wojnarowski level. But he sold out for the easy money.

I 100% disagree. Yes, he's entertaining, but I still think he's legit, like on Woj's level as you say. He's close to a lot of players and executives in the league, which helps him get a lot of inside info.

Hell, he is the one that broke this story on First Take.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also was the first to break the Clippers/Celtics discussions

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100% disagree. Yes, he's entertaining, but I still think he's legit, like on Woj's level as you say. He's close to a lot of players and executives in the league, which helps him get a lot of inside info.

Hell, he is the one that broke this story on First Take.

That's precisely the point. He has the contacts. But he spends 95% of his time spewing bullshit and 5% of his time reporting something worthwhile

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's precisely the point. He has the contacts. But he spends 95% of his time spewing bullshit and 5% of his time reporting something worthwhile

Yeah, we will just disagree because I love hearing him talk. Plus, I think any reporter would love to have there own tv show and radio show than just reporting.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why NYK fans shouldn't get too excited. Positive results is what should cause excitement.

Well at least he brings a legit name that hasn't been in that role since the 90s and if it means Dolan becomes a silent owner that is also something to be excited about. Now we just need the Rangers to suck for 20 years and maybe Sather will be fired.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice...

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be pretty funny if he didn't attend the presser. Makes me wonder how much Dolan will let him work from PDR. Strange if your head of basketball operations is working from a different coast and sharing the same house with a top Laker executive.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange if your head of basketball operations is working from a different coast and sharing the same house with a top Laker executive.

Shhhh, stop giving away our secrets.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say congrats to Jim Doors . You got the man you needed to clean up a organization that has no plan or direction. It will take him a few years, they have no assets. But, if they lock up Melo, and he finds a young center that delivers back his style of the game, say Love or equivalent, NY can make progress.

To you LA posters, once again, your remain prisoners of hope, represented by your belief this was just a ploy for Phil to take over LA. You seem to have lost total touch with reality. The NBA is moving on, and even in LA, your home town, you are not the story anymore.

I thought Phil was that guy, but if he is gone, its time for the Buss's to sell out and let a smart ownership get this under control.

Just a foolish mess

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say congrats to Jim Doors . You got the man you needed to clean up a organization that has no plan or direction. It will take him a few years, they have no assets. But, if they lock up Melo, and he finds a young center that delivers back his style of the game, say Love or equivalent, NY can make progress.

To you LA posters, once again, your remain prisoners of hope, represented by your belief this was just a ploy for Phil to take over LA. You seem to have lost total touch with reality. The NBA is moving on, and even in LA, your home town, you are not the story anymore.

I thought Phil was that guy, but if he is gone, its time for the Buss's to sell out and let a smart ownership get this under control.

Just a foolish mess

Once again Logic projecting something that's not. What the fuck happened to you?

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Steven A. on ESPN expressing doubt about Phil actually ending up with the Knicks. He basically said that he will believe that Phil is going to be the Knicks President of Basketball Operations when he see's the press conference announcing it.

He said that he's hearing that it's a done deal, but has his doubts for 2 reasons:

1.) The comments from Kobe and Magic.
2.) The fact that it's James Dolan.

I would add that Phil would not be above using the negotiations with the Knicks as leverage to get what he wants with the Lakers.

Gonna be an interesting few days.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Above posted on this thread. Supposition that Phil was using it as a ploy

I believe it was a hope by Trojan this was just a dream. It was no dream.

It was clearly no ploy.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rule, I argued early on I this year that it was Mitch,s fault for the bad deals. Many of you argued it was buss not Mitch that drove those deals. I have come around to the root cause.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Above posted on this thread. Supposition that Phil was using it as a ploy

I believe it was a hope by Trojan this was just a dream. It was no dream.

It was clearly no ploy.

What does this even mean? I posted something Steven A. said. How is that hope by me?

As for it being a ploy by Phil or not, Phil is famous for his mind games and has used similar ploys before. Also, and this was a big part of the reason for Steven A's. doubt, they kept pushing back the date that everything was supposed to be done and announced. By yesterday, there were several media types that were wondering what the delay was.

Wouldn't surprise me if Phil used the comments by Kobe and Magic to get the Knicks to sweeten his deal a little more. It's what he's always done.

Also, I'm not entirely convinced that Phil in the front office would be the answer for any franchise. Yes, he's won a lot of rings as a coach, but he has never had to build a team. Every team he has coached to a title was built by someone else.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cold hearted.....

BiyQyhkCMAAtZ9P.jpg

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when the Knicks gave Phil Jackson a bazillion dollars a year to come in and somehow make their team even worse? That was pretty cool.