• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PGA Tour Update/Changes

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golf is not an American sport. That is the beauty of LIV. It’s inclusive rather than exclusive like the PGA is

Regardless man. You know full well if Lebron James got up with some Saudi billionaires to compete with the NBA you wouldn't be celebrating the league like it was the greatest thing to happen to sports.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's is LIV inclusive? Their max field is less than half the size of the PGA?
They will accept allowing their players to play DP World or PGA events if it doesn't conflict with their LIV commitment. By "Inclusive" I was meaning to say that they allow their players to play all tours and not ban them like the PGA. The problem with the lies the PGA are telling is that if their tour was so great, why do they have to threaten their players if they want to play other events?

I do agree with you though that if the LIV wants to survive long term, they have to get a larger field.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless man. You know full well if Lebron James got up with some Saudi billionaires to compete with the NBA you wouldn't be celebrating the league like it was the greatest thing to happen to sports.
I would certainly be Ok with it though. I'm not fully convinced about the LIV yet but I really want them to succeed because its time the PGA had to stop their aggressive bullying. They've succeeded in completely destroying the Australian Tour and have turned the DP World Tour into another Korn Ferry Tour with their "15 events" edict.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will accept allowing their players to play DP World or PGA events if it doesn't conflict with their LIV commitment. By "Inclusive" I was meaning to say that they allow their players to play all tours and not ban them like the PGA. The problem with the lies the PGA are telling is that if their tour was so great, why do they have to threaten their players if they want to play other events?

I do agree with you though that if the LIV wants to survive long term, they have to get a larger field.
Except its not that simple because LIV rules won't actually allow them to play on the PGA Tour. LIV players have to wear LIV gear. PGA rules have long not allowed for competing brands to be advertised during their events.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except its not that simple because LIV rules won't actually allow them to play on the PGA Tour. LIV players have to wear LIV gear. PGA rules have long not allowed for competing brands to be advertised during their events.
That's not true. Three or four of them tried to get into the FEDEX Cup payoffs where they had already qualified and LIV golf backed that lawsuit. The LIV gear thing is a fake story the PGA made up. Watch a LIV event and see how many are wearing LIV gear; maybe 10%. Additionally all the LIV players who got in the Scottish Genesis Open did not wear LIV gear except Patrick Reed and he did it just to be an asshole. Watch the BMW this week and I bet you won't see any LIV gear on the 18 LIV guys who are playing.
The PGA is grasping at straws to try and keep their position of power. I don't really understand it. If they were taking a hundred guys, then maybe, but 48 guys? Its silly to worry about that. They are just doing their usual maneuvers to crush any competition which they have been very successful at doing .

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some pretty petty bullshit here. The PGA just keeps looking worse and worse as this thing plays out.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some pretty petty bullshit here. The PGA just keeps looking worse and worse as this thing plays out.
If I leave my job for a competitor, do you think my old job should still hold my parking space downtown for me? Should I still get to use their gym whenever I want?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I leave my job for a competitor, do you think my old job should still hold my parking space downtown for me? Should I still get to use their gym whenever I want?
No

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then you agree with the PGA Tour here. Thanks for clarifying.
No. Apples and oranges. If you were employee of the year at your firm (I know that's extremely unlikely but hang with me here) and you quit to go to another firm, I would expect that your picture would still be on the wall after you left. They would not erase any history of you being there.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Apples and oranges. If you were employee of the year at your firm (I know that's extremely unlikely but hang with me here) and you quit to go to another firm, I would expect that your picture would still be on the wall after you left. They would not erase any history of you being there.
And his name is still on the plaque as a winner.

He just lost his company parking spot and free company membership. Because, get this, he left the company.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And his name is still on the plaque as a winner.

He just lost his company parking spot and free company membership. Because, get this, he left the company.
Now see you failed again:

"According to a report from Golfweek‘s Adam Schupak, the club also purged a replica bag with Smith’s winning clubs, plus photos, from the pro shop and clubhouse."

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its all "very normal" then tell me another time its been done in golf
This is certainly the first time golfers have abandoned the premier tour to take blood money from a murderous dictatorship.

The "very normal" is in regards to a top contributor leaving a company for a rival and the old company removing references to said top contributor. Although, given your critical thinking skills, I'm not surprised that you've ever encountered something like that.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is certainly the first time golfers have abandoned the premier tour to take blood money from a murderous dictatorship.

The "very normal" is in regards to a top contributor leaving a company for a rival and the old company removing references to said top contributor. Although, given your critical thinking skills, I'm not surprised that you've ever encountered something like that.
No that has never happened. No golfer to this day has taken blood money. There is no such thing. You sound like a hysterical idiot

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No that has never happened. No golfer to this day has taken blood money. There is no such thing. You sound like a hysterical idiot
Like I said before. Troll, shill, or moron. Still not sure which.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before. Troll, shill, or moron. Still not sure which.
Maybe a little self reflection time and you'll figure it out, Hang in there.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bwa ha ha ha ha! Too perfect. Poor Rory!