• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So you know someone who wants to be a pro golfer?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atleast now you can start a gofundme and get a little help with cash from random people.

My golf buddy's brother sold his IT business about 8 yrs ago (not yet 40)...and decides he's going to try to play tour golf...he wasn't even beating me so we were stunned but he did just that...got top shelf lessons, a week long short game school...got his game in the 70s...he made it on one of the sub Web.com tours...probably an equivalent of the old Hooters Tour.

Anyway...after a yr...about 15 tournaments entered, in the money 1 time...these tourneys were all in TX...his wife said enough after he had burned thru about $125k...and I think he said he winnings was $1300 for a 2nd place finish.

IMO he never had the game to even think about tour golf, but he did improve a great deal...just goes to show...if we quit our day jobs, hire great instruction and practice 5-6 hours a day for 6 mos....we might be able to shoot in the 70s too.

I have to say I was envious he got to try it!

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My golf buddy's brother sold his IT business about 8 yrs ago (not yet 40)...and decides he's going to try to play tour golf...he wasn't even beating me so we were stunned but he did just that...got top shelf lessons, a week long short game school...got his game in the 70s...he made it on one of the sub Web.com tours...probably an equivalent of the old Hooters Tour.

Anyway...after a yr...about 15 tournaments entered, in the money 1 time...these tourneys were all in TX...his wife said enough after he had burned thru about $125k...and I think he said he winnings was $1300 for a 2nd place finish.

IMO he never had the game to even think about tour golf, but he did improve a great deal...just goes to show...if we quit our day jobs, hire great instruction and practice 5-6 hours a day for 6 mos....we might be able to shoot in the 70s too.

I have to say I was envious he got to try it!

Gotta live like Tin Cup to not blow through all your cash traveling around to tournaments.

Definitely can't go the hotel route.

But yeah, my game gets better the more I play and I have had zero lessons. One of these years I'll spring for a few lessons.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta live like Tin Cup to not blow through all your cash traveling around to tournaments.

Definitely can't go the hotel route.

But yeah, my game gets better the more I play and I have had zero lessons. One of these years I'll spring for a few lessons.

I don't think they left the state of Tx actually...of course he had a few dollars to invest in it so I think he stayed in a decent hotel on the stops that he did stay over night.

He said, most of the tourneys there were no practice rounds, etc unless he went and played it on his own.

Lessons...we're not trying to get on anybody's tour at this point. It's not too often a 36 y/o barely breaking 90 decides to go pro...he needed some serious help....:D

I started the game with a 10 lesson plan and had maybe 2 or 3 after that. I've been beaten by plenty of homemade golf swings...if you can repeat it, and have a decent short game...you can play...your score will probably be in line with how often you play.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they left the state of Tx actually...of course he had a few dollars to invest in it so I think he stayed in a decent hotel on the stops that he did stay over night.

He said, most of the tourneys there were no practice rounds, etc unless he went and played it on his own.

Lessons...we're not trying to get on anybody's tour at this point. It's not too often a 36 y/o barely breaking 90 decides to go pro...he needed some serious help....:D

I started the game with a 10 lesson plan and had maybe 2 or 3 after that. I've been beaten by plenty of homemade golf swings...if you can repeat it, and have a decent short game...you can play...your score will probably be in line with how often you play.

consistency is key... if you have a 2 way miss swing... you're fucked.