• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PG13

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think they will get better after their first year together?

If they play more of an offense, yes. If they continue to just pound the ball with Russ, no. But now that they have at least some sort of certainty to their roster there's no excuse to not install some kind of system

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5b39770a05013_lebrongeroge.jpg.1a38a70b3e739eb80f45feb69536cd59.jpg

Yeah... This is posting everywhere lol.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So CP3 and George are out.

If LeBron signs in LA, how long do you get for LA to compete a Kawhi trade before I win our bet? I am thinking a couple weeks.

@WiggyRuss,

Looks like you were wrong.

You have until 7/15 for the Lakers to complete a trade for Kawhi. If it doesn't happen by then, I want my money.

It is pretty clear either way, however, that LeBron is content going to LA by himself. Word is he told Magic not to do anything drastic and the 4 year pact is proof he is there for the long haul.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss,

You have until 7/15 for the Lakers to complete a trade for Kawhi. If it doesn't happen by then, I want my money.

It is pretty clear either way, however, that LeBron is content going to LA by himself. Word is he told Magic not to do anything drastic and the 4 year pact is proof he is there for the long haul.
well 3 year with player option.

And yes I am SHOCKED about that.

Especially since they already signed Caldwell-Pope and Stephenson. They very well might not make another major move. If they don't I doubt they get out of the first round and obviously dont have a chance of getting out of the second round.

That is what is really surprising to me. I thought the Lakers could offer a better basketball situation than the Cavs....when no doubt they can next year, this year who is he really playing with? Who are the top 5 players on this team? What does the starting lineup look like? You think they win 55 games? In the West?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss,

they might make another major move yet--- we shall see with Kawhi (I have said i thought he goes to the Sixers for a while now).

But right now what is the starting lineup? They just used 17M i ncap space on Stephenson and Caldwell-Pope

PG- Ball
SG- Ingram
SF- LeBron, maybe Deng plays?
Pf- Kuzma?
C- McGee and Wagner, Zubac

thats easily the worst team LeBron JAmes has played on in well over a decade--- however thats assuming they dont make any more moves- if they trade for Kawhi that obviously changes quickly.

I think part of it was, that LeBron thought Boston would be better than Cleveland and I can guarantee you- while he can live losing to the Rockets and Warriors- he couldnt take losing a playoff series to Kyrie Irving. That would piss him off mightily.

As is, if Cousins goes back to the Pelicans------ I would say the Warriors and Rockets are better easily. The Twolves and Thunder are better. And they are right there close to the Jazz, Trailblazers, Pelicans.

Maybe they trade for Kawhi tomorrow and that changes things, but right now I see them as a 5/6 seed and maybe going down Round 1.....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well 3 year with player option.

And yes I am SHOCKED about that.

Especially since they already signed Caldwell-Pope and Stephenson. They very well might not make another major move. If they don't I doubt they get out of the first round and obviously dont have a chance of getting out of the second round.

That is what is really surprising to me. I thought the Lakers could offer a better basketball situation than the Cavs....when no doubt they can next year, this year who is he really playing with? Who are the top 5 players on this team? What does the starting lineup look like? You think they win 55 games? In the West?

I was surprised how quickly they made the 1 year deals with KCP and Lance. It was brilliant though. Because after they lost out on George it was going to be more than a 1 year process anyway. LeBron signing for 4 demonstrates he is in for the long haul.

I do think they can win 55 because LeBron is that good. The supporting cast isn't great, but it is better talent (worse fit) than what he had last year in Cleveland. Overall I think they will be about as good as Cleveland was last year assuming they keep Randle and no more major moves. That means between 50-55 wins, IMO, and a 3-6 seed likely.

I also think that legacy wise, playing on this team this year with no other star is important. He will be the preseason Vegas MVP favorite, and nobody can say he left Cleveland for another super team. If they do eventually get Kawhi next year, it will be totally different circumstance than what happened in Miami.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they might make another major move yet--- we shall see with Kawhi (I have said i thought he goes to the Sixers for a while now).

But right now what is the starting lineup? They just used 17M i ncap space on Stephenson and Caldwell-Pope

PG- Ball
SG- Ingram
SF- LeBron, maybe Deng plays?
Pf- Kuzma?
C- McGee and Wagner, Zubac

thats easily the worst team LeBron JAmes has played on in well over a decade--- however thats assuming they dont make any more moves- if they trade for Kawhi that obviously changes quickly.

I think part of it was, that LeBron thought Boston would be better than Cleveland and I can guarantee you- while he can live losing to the Rockets and Warriors- he couldnt take losing a playoff series to Kyrie Irving. That would piss him off mightily.

As is, if Cousins goes back to the Pelicans------ I would say the Warriors and Rockets are better easily. The Twolves and Thunder are better. And they are right there close to the Jazz, Trailblazers, Pelicans.

Maybe they trade for Kawhi tomorrow and that changes things, but right now I see them as a 5/6 seed and maybe going down Round 1.....

Houston and GS are clearly a lot better.

The Lakers slot right into the next tier with all those other teams you mentioned. They could be a 6-7 seed, but I won't be surprised at all if they are a 3 or 4.

I don't think OKC or Minnesota are significantly better than the Lakers or the other teams you mentioned. OKC or another team in that group could very well seperate from the field and become the clear 3rd team in the West, but right now they are too close to call, IMO.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers slot right into the next tier with all those other teams you mentioned. They could be a 6-7 seed, but I won't be surprised at all if they are a 3 or 4.

I don't think OKC or Minnesota are significantly better than the Lakers or the other teams you mentioned. OKC or another team in that group could very well seperate from the field and become the clear 3rd team in the West, but right now they are too close to call, IMO.
who are the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th best players on the Lakers right now do you think?

I do take solace in the fact that there is pretty much no way they will make the Conference Finals, let alone the Finals...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who are the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th best players on the Lakers right now do you think?

I do take solace in the fact that there is pretty much no way they will make the Conference Finals, let alone the Finals...

at least you're consistent with your Lakers hatred. I can respect that...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least you're consistent with your Lakers hatred. I can respect that...
lol, do you disagree with me?

Your point guard cant shoot and is a 20 year old getting PRP injections in his knee, coming off a season with a bunch of knee problems.

Who is the Lakers 2nd best player? 21 year old Brandon Ingram?

Now those guys go from no pressure to having a target on their back every night....that, and, while i know i dont have to tell you, as great as LeBron is, and i think hes the 2nd best player to ever play the game, its always on his terms.

The one good thing is that he knows going there that he isnt getting to the Finals this year so that should afford the Lakers some patience---- unless they trade for Kawhi then they would have a punchers chance.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think OKC with George and RW is better and i think that the Twolves, with a year of continuity under their belts are also better. Pelicans, Trailblazers, Jazz, even Nuggets arent too bad either.

We should get a good idea just what Ball and Ingram are made of this year that is for sure. And Kuzma--- we will see if Kuzma was the product of getting looks on a bad team without much scoring, if he is a young talent that can develop into an above average starter.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am assuming they resign Randle, and that is a big deal for this year.

2: Ingram- think he takes another step this year
3: Randle
4: Ball- I know you don't like him. He will have 1 year. If he doesn't fit, he will be gone
5: Kuzma
6: KCP

Defintely more talent than what Cleveland had in the playoffs, but like I said, fit is questionable. Not many shooters in that group. I think Ball may find himself on the bench end of game if he doesn't significantly improve his shooting.

But, this lineup:

1: LeBron
2: KCP
3: Ingram
4: Kuzma
5: Randle

Is pretty good. Not great, but right there with anyone outside of the elite teams.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am assuming they resign Randle, and that is a big deal for this year.

2: Ingram- think he takes another step this year
3: Randle
4: Ball- I know you don't like him. He will have 1 year. If he doesn't fit, he will be gone
5: Kuzma
6: KCP

Defintely more talent than what Cleveland had in the playoffs, but like I said, fit is questionable. Not many shooters in that group. I think Ball may find himself on the bench end of game if he doesn't significantly improve his shooting.

But, this lineup:

1: LeBron
2: KCP
3: Ingram
4: Kuzma
5: Randle

Is pretty good. Not great, but right there with anyone outside of the elite teams.
i think thats a crazy assumption on Randle....why burn that money when you can get an elite player next summer. Randle will cost at least 15M (more like 18)- and hes not taking a 1 year deal.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just want to say on this thread title mad respect for PG13.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think thats a crazy assumption on Randle....why burn that money when you can get an elite player next summer. Randle will cost at least 15M (more like 18)- and hes not taking a 1 year deal.

Depends on price for sure.

But Randle won't prohibit them from having a max spot available next summer unless he signs for 20 or more. KCP, Lance and McGee are making 18 million. Now, all they would have to do next summer is move Deng's expiring contract and they are there, or at least easily within reach.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, do you disagree with me?

Your point guard cant shoot and is a 20 year old getting PRP injections in his knee, coming off a season with a bunch of knee problems.

Who is the Lakers 2nd best player? 21 year old Brandon Ingram?

Now those guys go from no pressure to having a target on their back every night....that, and, while i know i dont have to tell you, as great as LeBron is, and i think hes the 2nd best player to ever play the game, its always on his terms.

The one good thing is that he knows going there that he isnt getting to the Finals this year so that should afford the Lakers some patience---- unless they trade for Kawhi then they would have a punchers chance.

geeze, tried to show some respect and this is how you come at me...?

Tlance already said it, but i don't think our squad's any worse than yours was last season, and it's younger. Ingram already showed growth from his first season. Ball? you might want to condemn a rookie but i'm not quite ready to do that yet. and obtw, 2 injuries doesn't = "a bunch"...

we mostly agree on LeClown though. i'm definitely apprehensive when it comes to having to keep this guy happy. we'll know soon if i was right or wrong in THAT regard...