• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PFF NFL Head Coach rankings

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must be the offseason.

I guess they are ok but any ranking with McCarthy in the top 10 needs some adjusting. For me it's Belichick in a category of his own. Then Reid. The maybe Harbaugh 3rd. But I guess it's a better list than most I've seen.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to laugh, though - Zac Taylor, "riding high off the talent the Bengals have amassed" while completely ignoring that he's been at the forefront of acquiring said talent. His first season was a disaster as they rebuilt, his second season was derailed by Burrow's injury - and a still rebuilding team (7 defensive starters lost for the season that year, too). But, he's also turned that around by making a freakin' Super Bowl, and was about 1, potential, second longer on a block from winning that game...that doesn't suck.

Also, isn't that the name of the game - to amass talent AND win? I'm not saying he should be top 10, by any means, or that the Bengals are some complete team/juggernaut that is ready to lay waste to the league. I think he leaves some coaching aspects to be desired, IMO - but the reasoning was just laughable, to me.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must be the offseason.

I guess they are ok but any ranking with McCarthy in the top 10 needs some adjusting. For me it's Belichick in a category of his own. Then Reid. The maybe Harbaugh 3rd. But I guess it's a better list than most I've seen.
well their algorithm is broken. You can stop reading when they got to #4. Kingsbury had above avg. roster & isnt hitting the #'s they gave him for an average roster.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well their algorithm is broken. You can stop reading when they got to #4. Kingsbury had above avg. roster & isnt hitting the #'s they gave him for an average roster.
Kingsbury is what people said Andy Reid was in the most negative way possible.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team with the worst record in 2018 has gone 24-24-1 under Kingsbury and has improved their record every season. Top 4 is too high, but kudos to him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a football thread.
well, since I already said I thought Reid was the second best coach in the league I can't come up with any negatives about him as a coach

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The list that shows why analytics will never be a completely dominant metric in football.

If there was a draft for coaches what team would ever pick Kingsbury 4th? Reminds me of 2019 when I was following the predraft coverage for the 49ers and PFF actually had guys arguing the 9ers should take a CB at #2 over Nick Bosa because analytics show that pass coverage was more valuable and only one guy in the group thought that was insane.

I'd probably flip Reid and Harbaugh on the list. Harbaugh's teams are consistently above average but that's usually it. Reid's team's have higher highs and are pretty consistent as well.

McVay is too low on the list considering he has two Superbowl appearances and a win out of the two. What's worse is he's behind McCarthy and I don't think there is anyone that would take McCarthy over McVay.

I'd bump up guys like Sean McDermott and Zac Taylor as well.

Personally I wouldn't have anyone that doesn't have 3 years of head coaching experience on the list. Just hard to tell if they are good or bad with just a season or two under their belt.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see what BB could do with the Bills, Bengals or even the Browns with their rosters. Betchya the Bills would be the new 'most hated' team after winning 6 or 7 Super Bowls in a row.