• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton Manning Sets Another All-Time Record

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suddenly got quiet, didn't it? :whistle:

no I refuted your point about Wayne and Montana winning without Rice in a era where there wasn't the 5 yard no contact rule and PI wasn't called every 2 passes. You think Brees has has set the record with most consecutive games with a td, most 300 yard games in a row and 4 x as many 5000 yard seasons as any QB could do that 20 years ago. By your logic Brees is the goat. You like yards and tds so Manning,Favre and Brees are the greatest of all time. Brees would have shattered most records if he played as long as the other 2 qbs

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no I refuted your point about Wayne and Montana winning without Rice in a era where there wasn't the 5 yard no contact rule and PI wasn't called every 2 passes. You think Brees has has set the record with most consecutive games with a td, most 300 yard games in a row and 4 x as many 5000 yard seasons as any QB could do that 20 years ago. By your logic Brees is the goat. You like yards and tds so Manning,Favre and Brees are the greatest of all time. Brees would have shattered most records if he played as long as the other 2 qbs

Peyton Manning passes the eye test as GOAT. Brees fails they eye test as the greatest Saints QB. Gunslingers with 6' 7" TEs need not apply, Sonny.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well any receiver in Denver would see an increase in receiving yards after Tebow left. I am sure the Broncos would be just as successful with Orton or Locker as their QB. They have the same number of Superbowl wins the last three years!

Wes Welker looks like a depth guy in Denver and when he had Brady he looked like an all pro that is all you need to see which QB really makes average WRs look good.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning passes the eye test as GOAT. Brees fails they eye test as the greatest Saints QB. Gunslingers with 6' 7" TEs need not apply, Sonny.

Bro time to get your eyes checked. Montana passed they eye test, 8 days a week Brees has had Graham for 4 full seasons, he has broken 5000 yards 4 times already. Manning didnt break it till he got the great TE in Julian, WR in Demaryus ( sp) and slot receiver in Welker. Decker was also good, but now poor bastage has nobody to throw it in NY

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well any receiver in Denver would see an increase in receiving yards after Tebow left. I am sure the Broncos would be just as successful with Orton or Locker as their QB. They have the same number of Superbowl wins the last three years!

Wes Welker looks like a depth guy in Denver and when he had Brady he looked like an all pro that is all you need to see which QB really makes average WRs look good.

Welker was all that Brady had for a few years. The difference is in Denver he didn't have to be the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd option. Throw in last year before his concussions he was actually on pace for a career season. He posted his first 10 touchdown season with only playing around 12 games of actual game time. This season he missed the first part of the season with being suspended and again has been the 4th option in this offense so he hasn't been needed.

Also yes Tebow obviously hurts the passing game but he was only here for 1 of the years with these guys and that was even a partial season. They had a guy named Kyle Orton who is a starting quarterback in this league throwing to them and they still put up pedestrian numbers. Not saying the DT, Decker, and Sanders are scrubs or anything but there is a reason that all of those guys had career years with Manning at the helm. He makes a difference to maximize the talent of the player.

Same can be said of Brady so don't take this as me bashing Brady. There is a reason that both are bound for the HOF and will go down as some of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game. Why do we have to tear down one to lift the other up?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welker was all that Brady had for a few years. The difference is in Denver he didn't have to be the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd option. Throw in last year before his concussions he was actually on pace for a career season. He posted his first 10 touchdown season with only playing around 12 games of actual game time. This season he missed the first part of the season with being suspended and again has been the 4th option in this offense so he hasn't been needed.

Also yes Tebow obviously hurts the passing game but he was only here for 1 of the years with these guys and that was even a partial season. They had a guy named Kyle Orton who is a starting quarterback in this league throwing to them and they still put up pedestrian numbers. Not saying the DT, Decker, and Sanders are scrubs or anything but there is a reason that all of those guys had career years with Manning at the helm. He makes a difference to maximize the talent of the player.

Same can be said of Brady so don't take this as me bashing Brady. There is a reason that both are bound for the HOF and will go down as some of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game. Why do we have to tear down one to lift the other up?

Good point CD Welker was the no#1 option, once Moss was let go. And I agree about knocking either QB down. And its not actual Denver fans that are on his nut sack, cause you guys were fortunate too have Elway too. Hammer has one nut to hug and ManningtoLucku Jellie has the other sack locked down

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GOAT argument is dumb. You poll 100 people, and a bunch of em' will say Montana, but if you were picking a team, grade school-style to play at the playground, and ya had all the candidates in their respective primes, NOBODY chooses Montana first. Hell, I'd choose Steve Young in a fucking heartbeat over Joe.

Well it depends. Are we playing in gym class where nothing is at stake or after school for pudding cups. If we are playing for pudding cups, yeah, I just might take the coolest customer to ever play the QB position. Especially if he brings his locker mate Jerry with him...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it depends. Are we playing in gym class where nothing is at stake or after school for pudding cups. If we are playing for pudding cups, yeah, I just might take the coolest customer to ever play the QB position. Especially if he brings his locker mate Jerry with him...

But if he doesn't bring Jerry with him, he might as well not come.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did play 3 years before Manning came to town though and averaged about 800 yards a season. First season with Manning in town it doubled. The next 8 seasons he went for over 1100 yards. He also never went under double digit touchdowns after Manning came to town.
Peyton Manning is a better QB than Jim Harbaugh. I think you will find few who disagree.
Same with Bronco receivers of most of them being lucky to get around 700 yards of offense to then pretty much double it the minute Manning walked through the door. There is talk of D. Thomas now being a top-3 receiver in the NFL as he almost broke Calvin Johnson's record of consecutive 100 yard games and leads the NFL in receiving and is top-3 in touchdowns. Same with Sanders in he was an average receiver even with a HOF quarterback in Roethlisberger but now is having his career year first year with Manning.

Peyton Manning is a far better QB and a far, far (+10 more fars) better passer than Tim Tebow. I think you will find few who disagree. Is that really a legit yardstick to measure greatness?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning is a better QB than Jim Harbaugh. I think you will find few who disagree.

Peyton Manning is a far better QB and a far, far (+10 more fars) better passer than Tim Tebow. I think you will find few who disagree. Is that really a legit yardstick to measure greatness?

First off Orton played more games with them than tebow and they still put up mediocre numbers. Beyond that then how do you explain Welker putting up more touchdowns his first year with the Broncos or sanders who played with a great quarterback having a career year? Brady and Manning both bring out the best in the players around them.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off Orton played more games with them than tebow and they still put up mediocre numbers. Beyond that then how do you explain Welker putting up more touchdowns his first year with the Broncos or sanders who played with a great quarterback having a career year? Brady and Manning both bring out the best in the players around them.

Ahh, so greater than Orton is the new yardstick? Deion Branch, Andre Caldwell, Brandon Lloyd, Ben Watson, Mike Vrabel and other pass catchers would like to explain a couple of things to you about what makes receivers look good.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady and Manning both bring out the best in the players around them.

No kidding. Gronkowski looks amazing when he somehow catches those shitty off-target passes from Brady.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding. Gronkowski looks amazing when he somehow catches that shitty off-target passes from Brady.

Hammer you knows Brady throws them where the players wont get concussed, you know that. A QB that hasn't mastered his craft will put his players in harms way

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, so greater than Orton is the new yardstick? Deion Branch, Andre Caldwell, Brandon Lloyd, Ben Watson, Mike Vrabel and other pass catchers would like to explain a couple of things to you about what makes receivers look good.

Oh my goodness you are dense. Just ignore Welker setting career numbers and Sanders as well. I'm not trying to compare manning to Orton. I'm saying Manning coming to town gives all those guys a better opportunity to up their game. He gives those receivers many more opportunities to do something great. It is why teams fought so hard to get manning even coming off 4 neck surgeries. About half the league was trying to sign him even at the point he could barely throw it 20 yards at the time.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer you knows Brady throws them where the players wont get concussed, you know that. A QB that hasn't mastered his craft will put his players in harms way

Dammit, I keep forgetting about that, Sonny! :doh: