• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton Manning Sets Another All-Time Record

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So at their current play rate, you don't think if Manning were to retire this year that Brady could come very close to his numbers in 3 more years (that's the difference between the 2 right now)?

check the numbers, if Brady plays at his current level, he gets close.

Well to get close on the touchdowns he would have to average 48 touchdowns a season to catch Manning if say Manning retired this year and Brady played 3 more seasons. Right now Brady has thrown for over 40 touchdowns just once in his career. So not saying it is impossible but very unlikely.

He would also have to average over 5,400 yards per season in that span to catch Manning on yards for career.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to get close on the touchdowns he would have to average 48 touchdowns a season to catch Manning if say Manning retired this year and Brady played 3 more seasons. Right now Brady has thrown for over 40 touchdowns just once in his career. So not saying it is impossible but very unlikely.

He would also have to average over 5,400 yards per season in that span to catch Manning on yards for career.

While that is true.

Say he does 35 and 4k (well within what he has done in his career) he gets close. (Probably closer then some Manning fan's want to admit to)

At that point Brady has the stats that are comparable, has the rings, has the winning % (regular and post)

Very hard to say Peyton is better.

Heck even if they retired with the 3 year difference, it still would be an near impossible argument.

Rings
SB Winning % (to include record)
Post Season Winning % (to include record)
Regular Season Winning % (to include record)
SB stats
Post Season Stats
Regular Season Stats

If Brady makes up the 3 year difference, he is going to end up a head in the top 3 and very close if not a head in the second 3 (he should be ahead in SB stats and Post Season stats)

With the gap, he still has an advantage where it counts most.

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Jerry Rice, no one knows Joe Montana's name.

Without Rice, Montana has won exactly twice as many Super Bowls as Manning.

Amazing how easy you guys make this sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While that is true.

Say he does 35 and 4k (well within what he has done in his career) he gets close. (Probably closer then some Manning fan's want to admit to)

At that point Brady has the stats that are comparable, has the rings, has the winning % (regular and post)

Very hard to say Peyton is better.

Heck even if they retired with the 3 year difference, it still would be an near impossible argument.

Rings
SB Winning % (to include record)
Post Season Winning % (to include record)
Regular Season Winning % (to include record)
SB stats
Post Season Stats
Regular Season Stats

If Brady makes up the 3 year difference, he is going to end up a head in the top 3 and very close if not a head in the second 3 (he should be ahead in SB stats and Post Season stats)

With the gap, he still has an advantage where it counts most.

I've said this to you before...it is convenient that you decide to use the stats that show your guy as the top guy of the two. I can point to just as many stats that say Manning should be on top yet then you get after me saying stats don't mean much yet then use stats to prove your point.

Also I would say yours point more to the team overall than the actual individual player. All football stats are team stats of course but yours when you look at which ones you picked require teams to have a great offense, defense, and special teams. You are focused more on win percentage than anything else which to me again is more the entire team than focusing on how much that one individual actually contributed to the win. Throw in Manning's win percentage is always going to be hurt because of him starting on the worst team in the league his rookie season compared to Brady going to an already playoff caliber team where he didn't need to be the center of the team for them to win. So again nice of you to use stats that are highly favored in the way of your player.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said this to you before...it is convenient that you decide to use the stats that show your guy as the top guy of the two. I can point to just as many stats that say Manning should be on top yet then you get after me saying stats don't mean much yet then use stats to prove your point.

Also I would say yours point more to the team overall than the actual individual player. All football stats are team stats of course but yours when you look at which ones you picked require teams to have a great offense, defense, and special teams. You are focused more on win percentage than anything else which to me again is more the entire team than focusing on how much that one individual actually contributed to the win. Throw in Manning's win percentage is always going to be hurt because of him starting on the worst team in the league his rookie season compared to Brady going to an already playoff caliber team where he didn't need to be the center of the team for them to win. So again nice of you to use stats that are highly favored in the way of your player.

During his career Manning has had a top 10 defense in either ppg or yards 8 times (this year is shaping up to be number 9).

2 of those defenses were ranked in the top 10 in both ppg and yards

2 other times the defense missed by yards (and I am not talking 100, I am talking 10 or less)

So lets not make like Manning has had horrible teams.

I put the list in order of what should matter. I mean does it make sense to say "Yay my qb threw for 5000 yards this year, it was great we missed the playoffs" or "my qb set a few records this year, but man it was great he went one and done"

Or is it better to say, "my qb had a good to great year and my team won the SB"?

If someone asked Manning, if he'd rather have his stats or if he'd rather have Brady's if it meant more rings, what do you think he would say?

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the 2000 Pats finished 5-11

Far from a playoff team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 2000 Pats finished 5-11

Far from a playoff team.

They also had all but 2 games that season stay within a touchdown so not like they were all that far off from being a winning organization. Throw in it hadn't been that long since the team had been to the Super Bowl. The Colts before Manning came to town got blown out in almost every other loss the season before. Not a good team to be walking into.

Throw in when Brady came in he also had a guy that will probably go down as one of the top-3 or so coaches in NFL history. Manning had a guy that in 16 years of head coaching only won the division twice. So once every 8 years your team actually doing anything relevant.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is funny.

AMAchokingUpdate_zps4f854c97.jpg

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha that is a pretty good one NEHomer I do have to admit.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey bro. Man, I thought I was up early this mornin'!

BIG game for the Pats today~

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey bro. Man, I thought I was up early this mornin'!

BIG game for the Pats today~

I'm one of those few that doctors can't quite figure out but can function on very little sleep. Drives my wife nuts but hey get a lot done when you don't need much sleep. You guys do have a big one! Won't be cheering for you guys of course but will be watching that one very closely.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing to the Pats is so easy, a Caveman can do it!

...I'm up to see my son off to his Robotics event.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting ready to go to bed. Can't watch any games tomorrow morning but I will watch when I get home.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your definition of a blow out? Because if I remember right earlier this year we saw Pittsburgh score 3 touchdowns in something like 1 minute of game time earlier this year.

If you are ahead 23-0 at the half you are in a blow-out?

I guess unlerss you end up losing 34-31?

Great camera-work?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also had all but 2 games that season stay within a touchdown so not like they were all that far off from being a winning organization. Throw in it hadn't been that long since the team had been to the Super Bowl. The Colts before Manning came to town got blown out in almost every other loss the season before. Not a good team to be walking into.

Throw in when Brady came in he also had a guy that will probably go down as one of the top-3 or so coaches in NFL history. Manning had a guy that in 16 years of head coaching only won the division twice. So once every 8 years your team actually doing anything relevant.

You mean the guy who set up TB for a SB for Chucky? Peyton had the same OC Tom Moore for 12 years in Indy while Brady went through 5. Also Polian as GM who was GM when Buffalo to 4 straight SB's. Belichick never proved himself as HC without Tom. His record sucks before

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD I see your Broncos winning it all this year,hope I'm wrong. Last year I predicted at beginning of season Denver/Seattle with Seattle winning it 27/24 right but wrong. Your Broncos are too balanced for any team

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny, I'm surprised you're up so early. You tied one on last night.