• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton Manning Sets Another All-Time Record

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely agree it must be fun to watch your team win easy every week, as opposed to the minor heart attacks my team puts me through every week.

I do enjoy the occasional close games as it is fun to see your team come away in a hard fought game but it definitely has been easier on my nerves this year to watch Bronco games. I will say the Chargers have impressed me this year and they have played well enough to be 4-0 right there with the Chiefs and Broncos. I would not be surprised if they win every game leading up to the Broncos game in 5 weeks. The AFC West is actually fun to watch again! As fun as it was to see the Broncos run away with the division I have missed the classic games of the AFC West where the games actually meant something.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning would have been great in any era. That being said todays game favors the offense so much it's not really fair when the old greats get knocked down a rung.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do enjoy the occasional close games as it is fun to see your team come away in a hard fought game but it definitely has been easier on my nerves this year to watch Bronco games. I will say the Chargers have impressed me this year and they have played well enough to be 4-0 right there with the Chiefs and Broncos. I would not be surprised if they win every game leading up to the Broncos game in 5 weeks. The AFC West is actually fun to watch again! As fun as it was to see the Broncos run away with the division I have missed the classic games of the AFC West where the games actually meant something.

Yeah I would love to say the Chargers should be 4-0, but their issue is depth, and it showed against Houston and Tennessee. The division is definitely on the upswing though. Freeney potentially being out for the year potentially hurts, but if Rivers keeps playing like he is then two wildcards from the West is a possibility. Realistically speaking though the Chargers are at least a year a way from the playoff contender talk. Telesco just had too many holes to fix the roster in one year.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who doesn't love watching Manning play the game doesn't love football. The guy is the best. Screw the only 1 SB and playoff ups & downs. I watch the game for the enjoyment of seeing the best football players in the world make plays and nobody does it better than him.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next record:

Largest point spread ever when the Jags visit Denver in two weeks.

If it's less than 24 points I'll be shocked.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Superbowl is the ultimate goal. Doesn't mean us Bronco fans can't enjoy what we are seeing before our very eyes right now. Every week some record falls so every week we are watching some kind of historical performance from Peyton. It definitely has been fun to be a part of that. Again though like you said Superbowl is the ultimate goal and this team seems very focused on that plan. Everybody on both sides of the ball are playing tough and the team should get better at least defensively as the season progresses with getting Von Miller and Champ Bailey back.

:10:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that and the fact that QB numbers generally dwindle as the weather gets crappier...

That wasn't true for Manning & the Broncos last season. His numbers were very good during the latter part of the season when they won 11 straight regular season games & scored over 30 pts in all but two of those games.

The thing I could see getting in the way of the records is that they will play some much tougher defenses later in the season & they might have such a good record that they ease up a bit & possibly rest some starters.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's amazing is the fact that Manning left the game with 11 minutes left in the 4th quarter and the Broncos had the ball. They only needed 3 points to tie the all-time record. They could of easily of gotten it. Manning would of also easily of went over 400 yards and 6+TDS again if he would of stayed in the entire game. It would of been a blow out.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees just tied a couple NFL records set by Brees himself tonite, and he is a few years younger than Manning

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees loves to pad stat though. Do you ever see him come out of the game in the 4th quarter after being up? I think I've seen that happen one time his whole career. I bet if Manning pad stat all of his games he would probably have another 4,000 career yards, and probably another 50TD passes to his career. I don't know if anyone has a record of how many times Manning has came out of the game when the Colts/Broncos were up in the 3rd/4th Quarter but I'm sure it would be at least 30 games. It would be a NFL record for most QB reliefs if there ever was a stat for it like there is in baseball.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we are talking about Brees here. I'm already putting him ahead of Tom Brady on the all-time list of best QBs. The Patriot fans will hate me doing that but by Patriots own logic:

Brees 1-0 in Super Bowls.
Brady 3-2 in Super Bowls.

100% win > 66% win.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees loves to pad stat though. Do you ever see him come out of the game in the 4th quarter after being up? I think I've seen that happen one time his whole career. I bet if Manning pad stat all of his games he would probably have another 4,000 career yards, and probably another 50TD passes to his career. I don't know if anyone has a record of how many times Manning has came out of the game when the Colts/Broncos were up in the 3rd/4th Quarter but I'm sure it would be at least 30 games. It would be a NFL record for most QB reliefs if there ever was a stat for it like there is in baseball.

Manning has to come out of games now with the Broncos because he is old and had that neck injury that had the Colts kick him off the team as a liability.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we are talking about Brees here. I'm already putting him ahead of Tom Brady on the all-time list of best QBs. The Patriot fans will hate me doing that but by Patriots own logic:

100% win > 66% win.

Are you that troll formerly named "Boston Girl"??????

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning will do great then he will lose his first playoff game, just like every other season. Saying he is the best quarterback ever is a joke. If he was he would have more than one super bowl ring and he wouldn't have the most playoff losses in NFL history.

man...its always the same idiot nonsense with you isnt it....why do you even bother to waste key strokes..we all know what you're gonna say

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

100% win > 66% win.
Because losses in the Super Bowl are worse than losing earlier in the playoffs. Brilliant

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

100% win > 66% win.
Brady: 3-8 (27.3%)
Brees: 1-10 (9.1%)

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree because Pats fans don't view the '07 season this way.

Not sure where you got that, maybe from ESPN Troll General?
Most true Pats fans readily admit that that season was for naught, we wanted the SB so bad, regardless of perfect season, stats, etc. If you don't win the big game, then everything else was for nothing. Look at the Giants, they had a somewhat weak regular season, an excellent post season and beat the Pats fair and square in the most important game of all.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 games? Bit of an overreach. Not including games at the end of the season when Manning was pulled to rest for the playoffs, yesterday was the 10th time it has happened.

All you would have to do is look at the teams he has played for every year and see who else compiled stats as a QB, then check the game log to see if that was the final game of the season or a blowout win. It happened 3 times in 2007.

And I didn't include the time he was pulled from a game because the Colts were losing by 30+. That also happened to be Tom Brady's first career start