• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peterson and Megatron turn 29 this year

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin is the greatest WR talent to ever play the game. That much we know. But talent doesn't get you GOAT status. His stats are comparable to Jerry's so far besides TDs. He's going to have to find a way to stay healthy and dominate for at least 8 more years for a chance. We're talking around 1700 yards a year for a chance for the yards record. Around 16 TDs a year for a chance at the TD record. So yeah, he needs help. The Lions need more threats, or it won't happen unless Calvin begins to play out of this world good.

Adrian's road isn't as impossible. He's already at 10,115. If he can stay healthy 6 more years and put up around 1400 yards a year, he'll do it. Its possible, but not likely. If he gets close though, its possible to make an argument for him. He has been on better teams than Barry had though, so I don't think Adrian will get GOAT status unless he gets the yardage record.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin is the greatest WR talent to ever play the game. That much we know. But talent doesn't get you GOAT status. His stats are comparable to Jerry's so far besides TDs. He's going to have to find a way to stay healthy and dominate for at least 8 more years for a chance. We're talking around 1700 yards a year for a chance for the yards record. Around 16 TDs a year for a chance at the TD record. So yeah, he needs help. The Lions need more threats, or it won't happen unless Calvin begins to play out of this world good.

Adrian's road isn't as impossible. He's already at 10,115. If he can stay healthy 6 more years and put up around 1400 yards a year, he'll do it. Its possible, but not likely. If he gets close though, its possible to make an argument for him. He has been on better teams than Barry had though, so I don't think Adrian will get GOAT status unless he gets the yardage record.

I'm not going to be the one to bet against AP, because nobody wins in that scenario. But age is already acting against him. Not many RB's ever continue to be starters in their 30's. It's easier for WR's to play well into their 30's because they don't have as much wear and tear on their bodies. Considering how much Minnesota uses him, I would give AP another 3-4 years TOPS before his body doesn't allow him to be a starter. I would be shocked to see AP playing at 34 years of age, let alone 35. 6 years is a pipe dream...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson is closer than megatron.

I would say its the other way around. Also sanders will always be the greatest at his position. Theres never been a running back with his moves.

elmouse03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK why the Lions signed Caldwell as the headcoach. He was lucky in the 09 14-2 SB loss and the 10-6 seasons because that team was built and coached by Mora and Dungy.

For me the best coach for them would have been Dennis Green. They could have been like his Vikings from 1992-2000.