• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pet Peeve About Team Nicknames

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had to vent.....Not judging anybody who does it, but what is your stance on calling teams names? Like instead of the Rams you would call them the Lambs. Things like that. Cowgirls, Seachickens, Fortywhiners, etc. It bugs the shit outta me for some reason. I have been seeing it a lot more these days in comment sections or the people at work talking about it. I will admit though, that the Seadderall Seahawks is funny.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I get a childish kick out of calling the Giants the VaGiants because I made that one up. :)

It's dumb, but this aint exactly life-or-death stuff we're discussing.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get a childish kick out of calling the Giants the VaGiants because I made that one up. :)

It's dumb, but this aint exactly life-or-death stuff we're discussing.

If so, it's pretty popular now. You should have trademarked it and then when others use it, give up because it's not worth trying to enforce it (not saying you even could).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If so, it's pretty popular now. You should have trademarked it and then when others use it, give up because it's not worth trying to enforce it (not saying you even could).

Seriously? I've never heard anyone else use that term.

Not that other people couldn't have thought of the same play on words...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm not being biased when I say Forty-Whiners isn't exactly creative. Neither is Cowgirls though...

I always liked Criminoles for FSU. :) I always spelled Florida's team the Gaytors when I'm being a jerk, but I'm sure others have too.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had to vent.....Not judging anybody who does it, but what is your stance on calling teams names? Like instead of the Rams you would call them the Lambs. Things like that. Cowgirls, Seachickens, Fortywhiners, etc. It bugs the shit outta me for some reason. I have been seeing it a lot more these days in comment sections or the people at work talking about it. I will admit though, that the Seadderall Seahawks is funny.

That is one of the funnier nicknames.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some I've seen on the ESPN forum:

Washington Foreskins

KC Queefs

Arizona Tardinals

Denver Donkeys

New Orleans Aints

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is baseball one but I renamed the Houston Astros the Houston disAstros.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most annoying and juvenile one for me is the "Cheetriots." That's not my team but its fucking tarded.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? I've never heard anyone else use that term.

Not that other people couldn't have thought of the same play on words...

Oops, I forgot to include he page I had meant to include:

VaGiants

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a number of those names were invented when there were replacement players for the first 3 games of 1987. That's when I first heard Phony Niners, Scabskins and Masqueraders. I don't remember the others, but I have always referred to the Rams as the Lambs, Cowboys as Goatropers, Saints as Aints, Eagles as Beagles, etc. Pretty dumb, but kind of funny.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its asinine and childish. Except for the Dallas Cryboys. Nothing is off limits with them.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I cant stand it. I wonder if those people are even fans, just shit stirrers. Its like they hate a team so they root for whoever is good and plays that teams, just so they can talk shit all the time about that team...