• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perhaps one of the Worst trades in Sports History....

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A pocket qb with an acl tear, is like a kicker with a torn pectoral muscle. Will it affect his play long term? Possibly, but its really not that big of a deal. Its his left leg, so it wont affect his deep ball and drive mechanics. If he gets injured and cannot play, we get draft picks, he he is our future qb and a stud, it costs us nick foles (who clearly isnt) and a second. Its a no-brainer. Win-win.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Bradford - Philadelphia Eagles - 2015 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

ESPN's Josina Anderson passes along buzz from West Virginia's pro day Friday that "some coaches" in attendance are "not convinced" the Eagles will keep Sam Bradford.
There's some belief in league circles that Bradford will be used as trade bait to get to the Titans at No. 2 overall and give coach Chip Kelly a chance to select Marcus Mariota. One would then ask, "Why didn't the Rams deal directly with the Titans then?" The Titans didn't have a quarterback like Nick Foles to send the Rams back in Bradford talks, and the Rams may not be high on Mariota. We know Kelly is, as he has stated numerous times. As we've learned with Kelly, he has no fear and isn't scared to make bold, complicated football decisions. Mar 15 - 12:12 PM
Source: Josina Anderson on Twitter
Titans would have to be pretty dumb to do that deal.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pure speculation and it makes no sense anyhoo as the Titans have Mettenberger who's got a very good arm just like Bradford, is a pocket passer just like Bradford and doesn't have an injury history? Bradford to the Titans makes zero sense. "If" that rumor hold any water, it would be a trade to a team like the Jets at 6 it they're not sold on Geno. Veteran receivers (Decker/Marshal) who would probably do better with a veteran QB.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford helps us land DeMarco Murray and then we trade him to the Titans. What does that do to Murray? I would be pissed if I were him.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again if the Titans like Mettenberger as a backup, don't like anyone at 2, and would rather have a few picks than #2 it makes sense.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford helps us land DeMarco Murray and then we trade him to the Titans. What does that do to Murray? I would be pissed if I were him.
This would mean little to him. Money trumps all, winning is second and your old college roommate is a very distant 3rd.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if Bradford is worth a #1, and we have that extra ILB Kendricks sitting around who also arguably is worth a #1, then add in pick #20 and you have a reasonably compelling offering. I really don't think that is the game plan, but its not an unreasonable trade if you find a buyer.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then again if the Titans like Mettenberger as a backup, don't like anyone at 2, and would rather have a few picks than #2 it makes sense.
The Titans won 2 games ... it's not like they are in win now mode to add a vet like Bradford. I can see them wanting to trade down, but they can do that w/o having to add Bradford's salary.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Bradford makes no sense and I can't think of a team that would trade him. The biggest obstacle is his contract. Bradford is in the last year of his current deal with a huge cap hit. Unless he is locked up for the future why would someone trade for him I think that is the one aspect some of you are ignoring. In order to trade to the top 5 you need to give up draft picks are not going to do it with players unless you have the best of the best.

To get Mariota we need to get top 5. That is 15 spots and I cannot recall any team to moving up that many picks without having to mortgage the future. I don't think there is a single team in NFL history that gave up a lot to move up that high and it actually work in their favor.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. Finally a voice with reason. I'm back from vacation, and tired of seeing all the crap that some of you guys have been spewing!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sense is that Bradford is a negotiating chip for the Chipper. He is also a hedge against the possibility that the Eagles cannot trade up.

In other words, Chip thinks Bradford > Foles so he made the move. But he still thinks Mariota > Bradford and may use him as part of a package with picks and players to move up and get the QB he truly covets.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Bradford makes no sense and I can't think of a team that would trade him. The biggest obstacle is his contract. Bradford is in the last year of his current deal with a huge cap hit. Unless he is locked up for the future why would someone trade for him I think that is the one aspect some of you are ignoring. In order to trade to the top 5 you need to give up draft picks are not going to do it with players unless you have the best of the best.

To get Mariota we need to get top 5. That is 15 spots and I cannot recall any team to moving up that many picks without having to mortgage the future. I don't think there is a single team in NFL history that gave up a lot to move up that high and it actually work in their favor.

I think your overstating contract concerns with Bradford. It can actually be viewed as a positive that he is on a one year deal and slated to make $13M which is 16th highest for a QB in the NFL. In other words, completely average for a starter.

With Foles, I think a team trading for him as STL did will be expected to tear up the last year of his contract and offer him a new deal with a two to three year guarantee. For reference, both Dalton and Kapernick had their deals re-done with one year remaining. I fully expect that Foles will get a new deal with a guarantee that puts him in the Bradford range, but with a commitment for longer than one year. This is why Foles was so happy to get traded.

So why won't Bradford's contract get re-done? Simply because he is not being over or underpaid for being an average starter.

So would you as a team owner, rather have Foles at say a three year $25M commitment or Bradford at 1 year $13M? I think risk wise and financially, I would be happier with the one year $13M deal.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford, if (huge if) you can get over the injury stuff has shown he can do it. You guys are thinking clearly but these owners have spent gazillions on QB's most knew would fail. Bradford is less of a risk than Mariota, Winston, JaMarcus, Leaf or Joey Harrington. If you're a GM and have an injury you can keep your job. If your high pick fails you lose it. Bradford probably wants a deal less than anyone, if he stays healthy and plays at a high level he's worth a 10 contract. The Titans GM would probably much prefer Bradford and picks with Mettenberger in the fold. There's 0 risk.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz and deerpark make some sense ... for starters I didn't know that Bradford was making middle of the pack money for a starting QB. It will certainly be interesting as it gets closer to draft day. I still think it's more likely we take Hundley at 20 than trade up for Mariota. We already gave up a 2nd for next year and even if a team like Tenn wants Bradford, we would still need to include a crapload to move up to #2.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford, if (huge if) you can get over the injury stuff has shown he can do it. You guys are thinking clearly but these owners have spent gazillions on QB's most knew would fail. Bradford is less of a risk than Mariota, Winston, JaMarcus, Leaf or Joey Harrington. If you're a GM and have an injury you can keep your job. If your high pick fails you lose it. Bradford probably wants a deal less than anyone, if he stays healthy and plays at a high level he's worth a 10 contract. The Titans GM would probably much prefer Bradford and picks with Mettenberger in the fold. There's 0 risk.
And you may be right...but from the Titans perspective, you damn well better be prepared to give me the sun moon AND stars in addition to Bradford, for the #2 pick. They ain't just gonna give you the #2 pick for a guy who was a month away from being cut.

EagleUpNorth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Bradford - Philadelphia Eagles - 2015 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

ESPN's Josina Anderson passes along buzz from West Virginia's pro day Friday that "some coaches" in attendance are "not convinced" the Eagles will keep Sam Bradford.
There's some belief in league circles that Bradford will be used as trade bait to get to the Titans at No. 2 overall and give coach Chip Kelly a chance to select Marcus Mariota. One would then ask, "Why didn't the Rams deal directly with the Titans then?" The Titans didn't have a quarterback like Nick Foles to send the Rams back in Bradford talks, and the Rams may not be high on Mariota. We know Kelly is, as he has stated numerous times. As we've learned with Kelly, he has no fear and isn't scared to make bold, complicated football decisions. Mar 15 - 12:12 PM
Source: Josina Anderson on Twitter

Makes sense, none of the qb needy teams had a foles or similar qb to offer the rams, that's why chips deal was accepted. It's quite the shrewd move as it gives us a more valuable chip to trade, while ensuring that we at the very least go into the year with a better qb for this offense than foles was.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know FWFW I would think Bradford, 20, Kendricks and a first next year for starters. Chip says the draft is a crapshoot so it wouldn't surprise me if he added some more.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to think, Chip is a wildman, people thought Andy Reid was boring, this guy is the complete opposite! This dude is nuts! I like him! That said I have absolutely no idea what this guy is doing on draft day. I'm still stunned we gave up Nick Foles and a 2nd rd pick for a guy with bad Knees, and a guy that hasn't exactly been sensational during his playing time. Personally, I think Mariota might just fall right in his lap at 20 if he stays put.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DPD While I see your point I still have to disagree. I do not think I am overstating the contract in fact I think it is the one thing that makes Bradford untradeable to the Titans. We are talking about the #2 pick in the draft not moving from 20 to 15. I think Bradford would be open to a new deal but no one is really willing to offer him one. It is not about ability it is about health. The Rams wanted him to take a paycut and he refused.

To move up to #2 we are going to have to give up a lot more than an expiring contract of a QB. The Titans are not going to compete for Superbowl next year. They are probably sellers with that pick and I am sure the price is going to be high. I am willing no team will let us move up without giving up something comparable to the trade the Skins made to get RGIII.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking the Eagles would offer Kendricks, Bradford and pick 20 to move up. I really don't think that gets
DPD While I see your point I still have to disagree. I do not think I am overstating the contract in fact I think it is the one thing that makes Bradford untradeable to the Titans. We are talking about the #2 pick in the draft not moving from 20 to 15. I think Bradford would be open to a new deal but no one is really willing to offer him one. It is not about ability it is about health. The Rams wanted him to take a paycut and he refused.

To move up to #2 we are going to have to give up a lot more than an expiring contract of a QB. The Titans are not going to compete for Superbowl next year. They are probably sellers with that pick and I am sure the price is going to be high. I am willing no team will let us move up without giving up something comparable to the trade the Skins made to get RGIII.

I think Chip is perfectly happy keeping Bradford, but won't rule a trade up if the opportunity presents itself. While the Eagles can offer Bradford, Kendricks and #20, I wouldn't expect Tennessee to take that. I only see this deal happening if Mariota starts to really drop.