• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perhaps FBS teams playing FCS teams is now the norm (or I was wrong)

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I thought that was the purpose of a message board. No? Damn it! Now, what will I do?
Continue to bitch and moan about a thread you don't liike, that's what you can do. :noidea:

CB3UK

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been scheduling FCS? What? When the fuck did this happen? Im outraged damnit. Outraged!

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That implies that they never do, but they played New Hampshire this year and one in 7 of the last 10, they also play ND State in 2024.

I was going to say, plus you have Oregon St in conference...but that wound is probably still raw.
The Citadel wasn't available.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What conference?

The B1G backed off their stance and made it ok to schedule them as long it is one of the years you don’t have 5 home conference games. It’s just frowned upon, like masterbating on an airplane.

Says who

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2018 there were ONLY 22 FBS teams that did not play a FCS team:

"Arizona State, Boise State, Indiana, Maryland, Miami (Ohio), Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northern Illinois, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, Purdue, Rutgers, Texas, UCLA, USC, UTSA, Wisconsin"

(I was surprised to find this out) ---While it is true that some State Legislature require some State schools to play another in State school every year( which produces some FCS play) … It appears that over 100 FBS teams scheduled and played FCS schools now … One would have to admit that it has become the norm to do so.

I guess I am old school and look at this as sneaking in the back down to become Bowl Eligible one is forced to admit that the SOS schedules are getting weaker...

My Compliments to: Arizona State, Boise State, Indiana, Maryland, Miami (Ohio), Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northern Illinois, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, Purdue, Rutgers, Texas, UCLA, USC, UTSA, Wisconsin in continuing to play a quality schedule and giving the home fans a full schedule worth watching

So perhaps my picking on Florida and DR all of these years was wrong … (naaa that can't be right)

I have discussed this in previous threads. P5 schools play weaker schedules without consequence and yet disqualify G5 schools for playing in a weak conference.

The solution refuse all NCAA football to play teams not in the same league. They should go one step further and separate G5 and P5 schools into separate leagues.

Sublight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Arizona State, Boise State, Indiana, Maryland, Miami (Ohio), Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northern Illinois, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, Purdue, Rutgers, Texas, UCLA, USC, UTSA, Wisconsin"

(I was surprised to find this out) ---While it is true that some State Legislature require some State schools to play another in State school every year( which produces some FCS play) … It appears that over 100 FBS teams scheduled and played FCS schools now … One would have to admit that it has become the norm to do so.

I guess I am old school and look at this as sneaking in the back down to become Bowl Eligible one is forced to admit that the SOS schedules are getting weaker...

My Compliments to: Arizona State, Boise State, Indiana, Maryland, Miami (Ohio), Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northern Illinois, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, Purdue, Rutgers, Texas, UCLA, USC, UTSA, Wisconsin in continuing to play a quality schedule and giving the home fans a full schedule worth watching

So perhaps my picking on Florida and DR all of these years was wrong … (naaa that can't be right)
These games are the way those FCS teams pay for scholarships for their players, uniforms, facilities, etc.

FBS teams should be praised for playing the little guys, it pays for the education of a lot of kids.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have discussed this in previous threads. P5 schools play weaker schedules without consequence and yet disqualify G5 schools for playing in a weak conference.

The solution refuse all NCAA football to play teams not in the same league. They should go one step further and separate G5 and P5 schools into separate leagues.
Yes when 2/3rds of your schedule are weaker teams you have to try and do something with your other 1/3 of the schedule to catch up. Is there a P5 team that played their entire conference schedule without playing a single ranked team like UCF did with their entire schedule?

_rolltideroll_

4 out of 3 people have trouble with basic math...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tenor.gif

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes when 2/3rds of your schedule are weaker teams you have to try and do something with your other 1/3 of the schedule to catch up. Is there a P5 team that played their entire conference schedule without playing a single ranked team like UCF did with their entire schedule?

Probably not.

That is my whole point. The P5 schools have the luxury of playing in a strong conference so they can essentially have a pre season to help them prepare for conference play.

G5 schools on the other hand play in a weak conference so they have to play a tough schedule in order to even be considered for a big bowl or ranking. In these games, they have a number of injuries which makes it less likely that they will have a strong season.

The cards are stacked against them from the start. It's what I 've been saying all along.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not.

That is my whole point. The P5 schools have the luxury of playing in a strong conference so they can essentially have a pre season to help them prepare for conference play.

G5 schools on the other hand play in a weak conference so they have to play a tough schedule in order to even be considered for a big bowl or ranking. In these games, they have a number of injuries which makes it less likely that they will have a strong season.

The cards are stacked against them from the start. It's what I 've been saying all along.
It’s not stacked against them at all. If you allow them to just schedule an FCS, two junk G5 schools and a junk P5 and get a free ride into the playoffs, the deck is stacked for them. They don’t need schedule anyone tough because undefeated is undefeated. Hell just do 2 FCS and 2 G5 since it doesn’t matter how you play in your eyes. You want the deck stack for the G5 to make the playoffs without ever having to play anyone. It’s not an advantage to get to undefeated having to play 3-5 ranked opponents every year vs playing none like UCF did this year.

Everyone gets injuries and as a Michigan State fan I can tell you to go to hell with that shit.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s not stacked against them at all. If you allow them to just schedule an FCS, two junk G5 schools and a junk P5 and get a free ride into the playoffs, the deck is stacked for them. They don’t need schedule anyone tough because undefeated is undefeated. Hell just do 2 FCS and 2 G5 since it doesn’t matter how you play in your eyes. You want the deck stack for the G5 to make the playoffs without ever having to play anyone. It’s not an advantage to get to undefeated having to play 3-5 ranked opponents every year vs playing none like UCF did this year.

Everyone gets injuries and as a Michigan State fan I can tell you to go to hell with that shit.

I'm not asking for the deck to be stacked for them. I already said they should be in separate leagues. G5 schools and P5 schools should not be playing each other. Period

I used to be a football coach and were were prohibited from letting the varsity play the b team because of the amount of injuries that we would get.

Letting G5 schools play along sind P5 schools and pretend they have a legit shot at the playoff is wrong.

It's like letting the B team play a varsity schedule and telling them they have a chance to win the District Championship.

It's never going to happen.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not asking for the deck to be stacked for them. I already said they should be in separate leagues. G5 schools and P5 schools should not be playing each other. Period

I used to be a football coach and were were prohibited from letting the varsity play the b team because of the amount of injuries that we would get.

Letting G5 schools play along sind P5 schools and pretend they have a legit shot at the playoff is wrong.

It's like letting the B team play a varsity schedule and telling them they have a chance to win the District Championship.

It's never going to happen.
Yes no one is stopping the G5 from forming their own playoffs. I just don’t think it will be as lucrative as people pretend it will be. If it were, we would have it already.

But right now we have people demanding that a B-team have a shot at District Championships because they beat all of the other B-teams and they are just as good as every other Varsity team.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes no one is stopping the G5 from forming their own playoffs. I just don’t think it will be as lucrative as people pretend it will be. If it were, we would have it already.

But right now we have people demanding that a B-team have a shot at District Championships because they beat all of the other B-teams and they are just as good as every other Varsity team.

This is true. In fact, the majority of football fans want to see this happen. It's likely because they want proof that a G5 school actually has a shot. You and I both know that they don't.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true. In fact, the majority of football fans want to see this happen. It's likely because they want proof that a G5 school actually has a shot. You and I both know that they don't.
The majority of football fans are wanting to see the Cinderella team win a game just like in basketball, not realizing it is a hell of a lot easier for that to happen in basketball when all you need is one or two players to win a game. But just like in basketball, you want to see Cinderella beat Duke in round one, but you want to see Duke vs Kansas in round two.

Fitbud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The majority of football fans are wanting to see the Cinderella team win a game just like in basketball, not realizing it is a hell of a lot easier for that to happen in basketball when all you need is one or two players to win a game. But just like in basketball, you want to see Cinderella beat Duke in round one, but you want to see Duke vs Kansas in round two.

On this we can agree but it still happens in football. I seem to remember Appalachian St. beating Michigan once and Boise St. beating Oklahoma. Didn't Utah beat Alabama once in a new years bowl too?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On this we can agree but it still happens in football. I seem to remember Appalachian St. beating Michigan once and Boise St. beating Oklahoma. Didn't Utah beat Alabama once in a new years bowl too?
It does occasionally happen, but I just don’t see it happening three weeks in a row when there is no time to rest and heal up.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, one of you FBS scrubs fill in UNA on your upcoming schedule!

image-300x201.jpg