• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perhaps FBS teams playing FCS teams is now the norm (or I was wrong)

Panabama71

Same Cat different Ass!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2018 there were ONLY 22 FBS teams that did not play a FCS team:

"Arizona State, Boise State, Indiana, Maryland, Miami (Ohio), Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northern Illinois, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, Purdue, Rutgers, Texas, UCLA, USC, UTSA, Wisconsin"

(I was surprised to find this out) ---While it is true that some State Legislature require some State schools to play another in State school every year( which produces some FCS play) … It appears that over 100 FBS teams scheduled and played FCS schools now … One would have to admit that it has become the norm to do so.

I guess I am old school and look at this as sneaking in the back down to become Bowl Eligible one is forced to admit that the SOS schedules are getting weaker...

My Compliments to: Arizona State, Boise State, Indiana, Maryland, Miami (Ohio), Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northern Illinois, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, Purdue, Rutgers, Texas, UCLA, USC, UTSA, Wisconsin in continuing to play a quality schedule and giving the home fans a full schedule worth watching

So perhaps my picking on Florida and DR all of these years was wrong … (naaa that can't be right)
FCS vs. FBS? I heard a rumor once that I believe to be true. I heard they first tried to market it as FCS, (Feminine **** Spray) but it met with an astronomical resistance. So it was changed to FBS! (Feminine Body Spray) It’s still for a smelly **** though.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why fans of SEC teams don't like this thread but at the same time if OSU wins a title while beating an FCS team I'm not going to boycott the season. After all, it's an easy win, right Michigan?

D4cjcF.gif

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Bronco home game I ever attended was against an FCS opponent.

Jim Tressel got his ass whooped, real gud.

That sold me, fan for life.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple. FCS teams are cheaper.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado does not play any FCS schools.

That implies that they never do, but they played New Hampshire this year and one in 7 of the last 10, they also play ND State in 2024.

I was going to say, plus you have Oregon St in conference...but that wound is probably still raw.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not always...you know your Miners are dirty whores. When are you guys coming to Tuscaloosa?

:suds:
We are the dirtiest of whores. We don't even pretend we ain't getting screwed for money. We'll let anyone screw us as long as the money is paid.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut the fuck up already. This argument/bitch is old. Like a worn out piece of salmon. No one wants to fuck with it anymore. You don't like it? Turn the fucking channel. The argument that there are G5's to play instead of FCS is horse shit. There are FCS teams that would beat the brakes off of some of these shit G5's. Ridiculous fucking argument. I really don't understand it.
"Give the fans their money's worth!" Fuck that! The Citadel game or the Coastal Carolina game are the only games I can really afford to take the entire family. Not only that, but it's not elbows and assholes and there are not as many drunk assholes roaming around tackling chairs and tents either. Take this weak ass shit up the road. This horse has been dead for 10 years or so. Get over it.

:L

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut the fuck up already. This argument/bitch is old. Like a worn out piece of salmon. No one wants to fuck with it anymore. You don't like it? Turn the fucking channel. The argument that there are G5's to play instead of FCS is horse shit. There are FCS teams that would beat the brakes off of some of these shit G5's. Ridiculous fucking argument. I really don't understand it.
"Give the fans their money's worth!" Fuck that! The Citadel game or the Coastal Carolina game are the only games I can really afford to take the entire family. Not only that, but it's not elbows and assholes and there are not as many drunk assholes roaming around tackling chairs and tents either. Take this weak ass shit up the road. This horse has been dead for 10 years or so. Get over it.

:L
Nah, I think I'll keep preaching.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are the dirtiest of whores. We don't even pretend we ain't getting screwed for money. We'll let anyone screw us as long as the money is paid.

On the plus side, it is basketball season...hopefully the conference slate is better than the pre-season for you guys.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the plus side, it is basketball season...hopefully the conference slate is better than the pre-season for you guys.
Hope is all we got because the performance damn sure ain't getting it done. Don Haskins is throwing a conniption fit in his grave...and has been for several years.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one should be playing FCS teams...there's plenty of G5 teams willing to play.

Even worse is playing 2.

One problem is removing FCS teams, G5 teams upped their asking price to play

I'm neutral on playing FCS teams.

MarineG8R

Anti-Dentite
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Neilcar maybe Texas should schedule some FCS teams to strengthen their schedule because

UF SOS (with 2 FCS teams) > Texas SOS

Now..

UCLcnJy.gif
dipshit.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2018 there were ONLY 22 FBS teams that did not play a FCS team:

"Arizona State, Boise State, Indiana, Maryland, Miami (Ohio), Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northern Illinois, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, Purdue, Rutgers, Texas, UCLA, USC, UTSA, Wisconsin"

(I was surprised to find this out) ---While it is true that some State Legislature require some State schools to play another in State school every year( which produces some FCS play) … It appears that over 100 FBS teams scheduled and played FCS schools now … One would have to admit that it has become the norm to do so.

I guess I am old school and look at this as sneaking in the back down to become Bowl Eligible one is forced to admit that the SOS schedules are getting weaker...

My Compliments to: Arizona State, Boise State, Indiana, Maryland, Miami (Ohio), Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northern Illinois, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, Purdue, Rutgers, Texas, UCLA, USC, UTSA, Wisconsin in continuing to play a quality schedule and giving the home fans a full schedule worth watching

So perhaps my picking on Florida and DR all of these years was wrong … (naaa that can't be right)
This year.
Az St has sac st in 19 no az in 20 and more
Boise has portland st in 19
indiana has E illinois in 19 idaho and indiana st in future
Maryland has howard yougstown st Towson in future
miami oh hasten tech and ark pine bluff
and so on

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona State plays Sac State, Boise plays Portland State, Indiana plays Eastern illinois...

Most play at least 1 FCS opponent in a season. Notre Dame still does not, but they also don't have a CCG to every worry about.

Colorado does not play any FCS schools.
ok...
so New Hampshire didnt count?
so north Dakota state and Colgate arent on future schedules?
That wasnt Colorado who played Northern Colorado?
Idaho State?
Nicholls State?

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in favor of neither of those proposals. I recognize that Oregon schedules these games, but I never attend them.

More people went to this year's Clemson/Furman game than went to the Clemson/Georgia Southern game a few weeks later.