• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pereira gets the rule wrong

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope someone beats him with a bag of nickels.

Pennies, he's not worth nickels... but nickels are more dense, so I guess it's worth it. If I do it, I get to keep the nickels, right? ;)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Hope someone beats him with a bag of nickels.

The funny thing is one of the players on the Ravens' defense actually beat one of the ref's with a bag of nickels, and he didn't get flagged for a penalty.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is one of the players on the Ravens' defense actually beat one of the ref's with a bag of nickels, and he didn't get flagged for a penalty.

Yea but what was his "intent?" For the records, I don't intend any harm on anyone.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I gotta look for stuff to laugh at.

I always got a kick out of this one for some reason:

bikelock.bmp

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always got a kick out of this one for some reason:

bikelock.bmp

Reminds me of when Seinfeld said that everyone puts their wallets in their shoes when they go to the beach. The impenetrable shield for thieves, who would NEVER anticipate that the money would be there. Ha! Fooled them...

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You guys might want to check this out, another ref chimes in with the same answer:

Bruce Miller hold non-call: Putting as much of a bow on it as we can - Niners Nation

He says its shaky, "appears egregious" and could have been called, but that this is how the refs generally deal with it.

Yeah, see, that's the problem when the "rules" become "guidelines" or "suggestions." The rule is clear, and does not apply in any way to kickoffs. If the officials are applying the rule in those situations, then they should either change the rules or, and I realize this is crazy, enforce the rules as they're written.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pennies, he's not worth nickels... but nickels are more dense, so I guess it's worth it. If I do it, I get to keep the nickels, right? ;)

Pull it off and a sweet $5.30 is all yours!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daopoulos seems to begin his diatribe defending the non-call until he sees a picture of the play/hold then he changes his tune and says the play/hold "should" have been [flagged] and he would have flagged it.

Bottom line, there is absolutely no reason for there to have been ANY confusion on this foul whatsoever as there is NOTHING written in the rules that could have been construed as that being a legal play.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, there is absolutely no reason for there to have been ANY confusion on this foul whatsoever as there is NOTHING written in the rules that could have been construed as that being a legal play.

Rules, what rules? It's just guidelines, man!