• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pereira gets the rule wrong

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
With all the talk about the call non call the one thing I keep hearing is that the refs didn't want that call to affect the Super Bowl...in reality the non call determined the Super Bowl winner. This is what I don't understand, by not making the call the refs are most certainly giving the game to the Ravens.

There was plenty of time left on the clock, if SF scores there was time for the Ravens to attempt a GW drive and had they scored I wouldn't be as upset/frustrated and could live with what happened. This however, I cannot stand...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the talk about the call non call the one thing I keep hearing is that the refs didn't want that call to affect the Super Bowl...in reality the non call determined the Super Bowl winner. This is what I don't understand, by not making the call the refs are most certainly giving the game to the Ravens.

There was plenty of time left on the clock, if SF scores there was time for the Ravens to attempt a GW drive and had they scored I wouldn't be as upset/frustrated and could live with what happened. This however, I cannot stand...

Come on now, you know that's not true. They'd have been up by either one or three points had they scored there, depending upon how the 2-point attempt went and the Ravens still had over 2 minutes left with two timeouts and the two-minute warning to use.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now, you know that's not true. They'd have been up by either one or three points had they scored there, depending upon how the 2-point attempt went and the Ravens still had over 2 minutes left with two timeouts and the two-minute warning to use.

You read the second paragraph, right? He basically says what you said, just that he would have felt better if that had happened. And it could also not happen, which would be good for us.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/cincinnati-bengals/91866-what-ray-lewis-legacy-means-me.html - This title doesn't fit what it talks about, just how we were robbed. We'd have to also link the double-murder that people claim he got away with. If he did it, it would be funny if he admitted to it thinking there was a statute of limitations when there is none for murder. Though I'm assuming the plea bargain took care of that.

Double jeopardy. He could have come out of the courthouse and said he did everything he was accused of. Wouldn't matter.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double jeopardy. He could have come out of the courthouse and said he did everything he was accused of. Wouldn't matter.

He was charged with the crime, but then they chose to drop the charges. Double jeopardy only applies when there has been an acquittal, a conviction, certain mistrials and it prevents multiple punishment. There was never a trial for him, right? Just the other guys. He plead to Obstruction of Justice which is not the crime itself and therefore not the same offense.

Double Jeopardy Clause - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind. There was a trial, right? And I guess the obstruction of justice could be of the same offense since his actions were part of the crime. Had the crime occurred and then the guys arrested and then he confiscated evidence two days later, that could be a separate offense, I think.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind. There was a trial, right? And I guess the obstruction of justice could be of the same offense since his actions were part of the crime. Had the crime occurred and then the guys arrested and then he confiscated evidence two days later, that could be a separate offense, I think.

I'd like to retract my last post on the grounds that I'm not legal counsel. :lol:

Seriously, though, I don't care about Ray Lewis' trial/not-a-trial.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to retract my last post on the grounds that I'm not legal counsel. :lol:

Seriously, though, I don't care about Ray Lewis' trial/not-a-trial.

I actually graduated from law school, but I didn't know the facts of the case so I shouldn't have said anything. Obviously at work, I'd be reviewing the case, but like you, I don't care.

I need to read up on his case. I thought that they had charged him, couldn't find enough evidence, and dropped it before the trial or other guys in exchange for him testifying. But acquittal is different, that's through the trial and all that. Once the jury is empaneled, it applies. My bad. I would have avoided the whole talk on the plea if I knew those facts.

I should have known this, because they couldn't charge no one on this. Charging others in the crime does not free you, but it would make sense that he was charged and kept there to trial. My sister's ex-boyfriend's sister was killed when she was in charge of the money in an auction. The city did not go after the leads because of "financial" problems. People say that's bologna and suspect the mayor's son to be involved. They are petitioning to force the city to investigate. That's a bit why I don't trust the system at times.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually graduated from law school, but I didn't know the facts of the case so I shouldn't have said anything. Obviously at work, I'd be reviewing the case, but like you, I don't care.

Yeah, well...

I graduated from Journalism school. And then beer school. I probably shouldn't be commenting period.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I need to read up on his case. I thought that they had charged him, couldn't find enough evidence, and dropped it before the trial or other guys in exchange for him testifying. But acquittal is different, that's through the trial and all that. Once the jury is empaneled, it applies. My bad. I would have avoided the whole talk on the plea if I knew those facts.

I should have known this, because they couldn't charge no one on this. Charging others in the crime does not free you, but it would make sense that he was charged and kept there to trial. My sister's ex-boyfriend's sister was killed when she was in charge of the money in an auction. The city did not go after the leads because of "financial" problems. People say that's bologna and suspect the mayor's son to be involved. They are petitioning to force the city to investigate. That's a bit why I don't trust the system at times.

Had to re-read that three times.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a millionaire?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a millionaire?

Nope, but I'd be mad as hell and sad as shit if something happened to my sister or daughter. I'd act like I was a millionaire to get the investigation going. He actually broke up with my sister because he felt that he couldn't have a family if this stuff could happen. He was shaken. My sister was there for support, but there was no one that he could move on to. I'm sure in a while he'll get better.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, but I'd be mad as hell and sad as shit if something happened to my sister or daughter. I'd act like I was a millionaire to get the investigation going. He actually broke up with my sister because he felt that he couldn't have a family if this stuff could happen. He was shaken. My sister was there for support, but there was no one that he could move on to. I'm sure in a while he'll get better.

That sucks. Sorry to hear about that, man.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You read the second paragraph, right? He basically says what you said, just that he would have felt better if that had happened. And it could also not happen, which would be good for us.

That's what I get for not reading the whole post.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I get for not reading the whole post.

This happens to me all the time from others. So I'm shortening some posts. They usually stop reading right before I saw that Smith is an average QB or when I mention his limitations. Oh, that MHSL82 thinks Smith is the greatest since Montana...

Here's my second paragraph you can skip. ;) I am a fan because of college, but talking about a player that I'm a fan of doesn't mean I think he's great, though I will defend if I think someone is selling him short. Even then, I won't overcorrect. Like if they say below average, I won't say he's great to counter it.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This happens to me all the time from others. So I'm shortening some posts. They usually stop reading right before I saw that Smith is an average QB or when I mention his limitations. Oh, that MHSL82 thinks Smith is the greatest since Montana...

Here's my second paragraph you can skip. ;) I am a fan because of college, but talking about a player that I'm a fan of doesn't mean I think he's great, though I will defend if I think someone is selling him short. Even then, I won't overcorrect. Like if they say below average, I won't say he's great to counter it.

You think Smith is the greatest since Montana???? Are you NUTS!!!!!!?????

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Smith is the greatest since Montana???? Are you NUTS!!!!!!?????

Haha. Good one. Very rarely do I think someone would skip the first part and jump to the middle. Usually they skim the first and skip the rest.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think a lot of us can't wait to get our own two cents in.