• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Per MLB Trade Rumors

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Sabean says he might have to move money around and may not be able to tender contracts to all eight of his arbitration eligible players. The Giants have Andres Torres, Javier Lopez, Jonathan Sanchez, Ramon Ramirez, Mike Fontenot, Santiago Casilla, Cody Ross, and Chris Ray up for arbitration. The non-tender deadline is December 2nd.

MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

There's more info on the link provided. However, I feel the Giants can let Ramirez, Fontenot and Ray walk. I think it's imperative that they sign Torres, Lopez, Sanchez, Casilla and Ross though.

What do you guys think?

If I had to rank them in order of importance, I think this is how I'd do it:

1.) Torres
2.) Sanchez
3.) Ross
4.) Lopez
5.) Casilla
6.) Fontenot
7.) Ramirez
8.) Ray

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to let Ramirez walk, but we do have Runz...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did this on the other board,

I think they will (or should) sign Sanchez and Ross long term, take Torres, Lopez, Castilla, and Fontenot year-by-year and let Ray and Ramirez walk.

They have locked up the rest of our rotation, no reason to not lock Sanchez up and Ross is in him prime and we need an OF, I'd say a 3 year deal is reasonable for him (there's that word again cal).

There is no reason in overpaying for Torres on a 3 or 4 year deal, he will make very little in arbitration this year anyway and there is no proven track record that he will repeat his 10' season, so if they take it year by year, they can non-tender him when they need to. Now, I'd be perfectly fine with a 3 year, $6 million or something becuase $2 million isn't anything and if he turns out to be a bench player after next year, it's still no big deal.

With the pen, Castilla is probably a lock to get a contract and so is Lopez. My reason is that Ramirez made $1 million this year and will be due a big raise for a relief pitcher. Lopez is in the same boat, but he is more valuable, so I think they will end up paying Lopez the big raise and non-tender Ramirez. And Ray, IDK.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Torres, Sanchy, and Ross are the 3 guys who will make the most out of all them.

I'd expect Sanchez to be around 5-7 million, Ross around the same, and Torres 2-3 million.

Hate to say it but I think I keep Torres at that price over Ross.