• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2015 Recruiting thread

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha.. McCoy is a little bit of scum, but he sure can play. Anyhow in regards to Robinson he has instincts going for him, and next to speed you can't teach that. Smart kid with a bright future. I am sooooo gitty for our future. In Franklin WE trust

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha.. McCoy is a little bit of scum, but he sure can play. Anyhow in regards to Robinson he has instincts going for him, and next to speed you can't teach that. Smart kid with a bright future. I am sooooo gitty for our future. In Franklin WE trust

oh yeah, he can play, but there's a reason he went to Pitt and it wasn't because they were his top choice

Also, its not like robinson is slow, but he is more of a between the tackles guy. He and Barkley will make a perfect duo.

Sounds like he is already working Jenkins and John Reid as well. 1 thing I've noticed is that every commit has been saying they are all over the other PA kids to jump on board. We may have our manchild OT by end of March

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have expected this class to be a great one from the start, but man, something very special is really brewing in Happy Valley now. This staff is just unreal. Hopefully Johnson jumps on board today, but they made HUGE moves with Kirkland and Clark this weekend already. Next weekend is a VERY BIG weekend and things seem to be trending our way for #1 player in state, who juts happens to be visiting next week.

Exciting times, energy we've not seen here since the 80's. Really can not wait for Blue White game. I'm sure it will be an EPIC event with JFF:omg::suds:

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin just sent out the tweet, looks like Johnson pulled the trigger

That is a nice get, kids a stud.

Last edited by a moderator:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin just sent out the tweet, looks like Johnson pulled the trigger

Yep, its been confirmed by 247. This is a BIG one. Kid had offers from everywhere, including BAMA. :omg::yahoo::suds:

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agrubably top 100 recruit..that is HUGE!!.. like we have been saying just hop on the train. Being in MD I laugh at how they fear joining the B1G because Mich St and OSU and Mich, but overlook us all the time. Everyone will be forced to eat crow for saying PSU would die with the sanctions

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agrubably top 100 recruit..that is HUGE!!.. like we have been saying just hop on the train. Being in MD I laugh at how they fear joining the B1G because Mich St and OSU and Mich, but overlook us all the time. Everyone will be forced to eat crow for saying PSU would die with the sanctions

He's #55 overall on 24/7, kid has offer list is very impressive. LOL, Maryland should worry about beating Rutgers and staying out of the basement. We will be murdering them in a couple years and they don't have enough to beat us now when we're short handed. On the bright side for them, we'll sell their craptastic glorified HS stadium out for them every other year unless they sell those games to fed ex field and we take over that place for what will end up a home type atmosphere for us. Just remind them PSU is 35-1-1 vs MD and that they haven't beaten us in their last 29 attempts:suds:

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Clark, who was on campus yesterday, just tweeted that he committed to UNC. Thought Franklin had made an impact on him, apparently not enough of one. Can't win them all I suppose

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
247 just updated class rankings..now #5

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's #55 overall on 24/7, kid has offer list is very impressive. LOL, Maryland should worry about beating Rutgers and staying out of the basement. We will be murdering them in a couple years and they don't have enough to beat us now when we're short handed. On the bright side for them, we'll sell their craptastic glorified HS stadium out for them every other year unless they sell those games to fed ex field and we take over that place for what will end up a home type atmosphere for us. Just remind them PSU is 35-1-1 vs MD and that they haven't beaten us in their last 29 attempts:suds:

I live in MD also. I expect most games where Penn State is the visiting team the game will be played in Fed Ex or M&T Stadium.

Another great signing by Coach Franklin. We are going to be loaded at wide receiver. Winning recruiting battles against the SEC is very cool but beating out Urban is even better. :laugh3:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Clark, who was on campus yesterday, just tweeted that he committed to UNC. Thought Franklin had made an impact on him, apparently not enough of one. Can't win them all I suppose

This one stunned everyone in the recruiting business as well. Everyone thought we had pulled even with OSU and out of blue he commits to UNC and closes shop. TE is not a position of need at all, he was the only one we would take unless some freak athlete pops on radar later. We need OL and LB depth more, good luck to him.

Hopefully we are celebrating landing the #1 player in the state this time next week, come on Big Sterling

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in MD also. I expect most games where Penn State is the visiting team the game will be played in Fed Ex or M&T Stadium.

Another great signing by Coach Franklin. We are going to be loaded at wide receiver. Winning recruiting battles against the SEC is very cool but beating out Urban is even better. :laugh3:

Either way you cut it, Franklin is making HUGE statements early on.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not how you start but how you finish. Its nice we are getting some quality players now but the season is lonnng before they can become official by signing with us. Lots can change. However I do see lots can change for us in a positive way by adding more players and maybe 1-3, 5 star players. This staff is incredible.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not how you start but how you finish. Its nice we are getting some quality players now but the season is lonnng before they can become official by signing with us. Lots can change. However I do see lots can change for us in a positive way by adding more players and maybe 1-3, 5 star players. This staff is incredible.

With this staff, we are the aggressors, not the ones being cherry picked. They are relentless and won't just sit on the commits, hoping they'll stick

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt in this era of football the other schools won't stop recruiting. I agree with LBU that this staff won't sit and let that happen. I believe Franklin continues to build the relationship all the way through the signing period.

I too was thinking we have signed a bunch of backs, WRs and DBs. Time to sign the big guys on both sides of the ball and needs more LBs.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt in this era of football the other schools won't stop recruiting. I agree with LBU that this staff won't sit and let that happen. I believe Franklin continues to build the relationship all the way through the signing period.

I too was thinking we have signed a bunch of backs, WRs and DBs. Time to sign the big guys on both sides of the ball and needs more LBs.

We'll still sign 2 more CB's this cycle as well....hopefully (and likely) Whitehead and Reid. I still see 1 more WR as well. We were pretty deficient on overall team speed, that won't be a factor anymore.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll still sign 2 more CB's this cycle as well....hopefully (and likely) Whitehead and Reid. I still see 1 more WR as well. We were pretty deficient on overall team speed, that won't be a factor anymore.

I want a few HOGS up front to sign so we can be like Wisconsin and have our QB sit back there all day and pick apart the defense or allow huge holes for our 10 RB's.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a few HOGS up front to sign so we can be like Wisconsin and have our QB sit back there all day and pick apart the defense or allow huge holes for our 10 RB's.

We'll get our share this year. Already have Bates, Jenkins could be on board soon, looks like 5 OL this cycle

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between Jenkins, Pettitbon, Gonzalez, and others I think we'll be fine on OL

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between Jenkins, Pettitbon, Gonzalez, and others I think we'll be fine on OL

You can never have enough good O-lineman. 315+ nasty lineman ready to pancake the defense.