• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2015 Recruiting thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So others know who you are talking about:
RB Andre Robinson-PA 4 STAR
MLB Jake Cooper-PA 3 STAR
DE Ryan Bucholz-PA 3 STAR

i think Cooper is pretty much a gimme to commit today. Said it took all he had not to cancel his Duke visit and commit last week. He didn't want to break his word for visit they had taken time to set up for him.

Bucholz wouldn't surprise me either. I think it takes Robinson another month or so to pop...Blue White game maybe.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome!!!

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like Andre Robinson and his mom had a great day with Coaches Franklin and Huff on their visit. Will be nice to have 2 stud RB's from PA in the fold by BW game

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Cooper got a nice bump on 24/7 to a very high 3 star on cusp of 4 star....86 to 89 and is now #9 overall in state of PA. Looking at top 12, we stand a very good chance to land 10 of them with 4 already on board. Franklin is the man:suds::yahoo::omg:

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone just pulled the trigger.

It was Robinson.

Now that we have Robinson and Barkley already on board, are we gonna be able to take Adams? He has interest.

Last edited by a moderator:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone just pulled the trigger.

It was Robinson.

Now that we have Robinson and Barkley already on board, are we gonna be able to take Adams? He has interest.

LOL, got my alert when I was looking at something else. Heard some smoke around it earlier today, surprised he pulled trigger so quick....then again, JFF is a freaking rock star recruiter, so we should get used to this. #DominateTheState

Adams is being recruited as an athlete, he's got a longer frame, could easily end up at WR, S or LB and is still heavily favoring us knowing we'd most likely land the other 2.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, got my alert when I was looking at something else. Heard some smoke around it earlier today, surprised he pulled trigger so quick....then again, JFF is a freaking rock star recruiter, so we should get used to this. #DominateTheState

Adams is being recruited as an athlete, he's got a longer frame, could easily end up at WR, S or LB and is still heavily favoring us knowing we'd most likely land the other 2.

I noticed that Coach Franklin tweeted his usual tweet when a commitment happens. Then searched and found it from Robinson himself lol. But yeah Adams is a player too, he's probably going to end up here, 24/7 has us at 100% for him.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As if it weren't already conclusive enough, I think it's safe to say that James Franklin was definitely the right hire. Penn State already had almost everything it needed, as far as the tradition, fan support, location, etc, it just needed the right coach to come back and bring energy to the program that was lost towards the end of the Paterno years. Franklin has done that and more.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another 4 Star player wow. So far Franklin has defiantly Dominated The State of Pa.

Now stop messing around Franklin and staff and land some 5 Star player :suds:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As if it weren't already conclusive enough, I think it's safe to say that James Franklin was definitely the right hire. Penn State already had almost everything it needed, as far as the tradition, fan support, location, etc, it just needed the right coach to come back and bring energy to the program that was lost towards the end of the Paterno years. Franklin has done that and more.

Like I said when he got the job, enjoy the ride, we WILL be back where we belong under Coach Franklin. He really reminds me of a young Joe the way he runs this program and the energy he has in recruiting. He is a closer like we haven't seen since Joe's heyday.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another 4 Star player wow. So far Franklin has defiantly Dominated The State of Pa.

Now stop messing around Franklin and staff and land some 5 Star player :suds:

Bates and Robinson are close to that 5 star ranking, junior film evaluations and summer camps could put them there. Robinson is a top 6-10 RB in Nation. I think Jenkins will be the first 5 star we land this year, but who knows the way Franklin closes. Get some of these other guys on campus and he may close one before they leave town

On a side note, I don't hear that dolt Chryst chirping about actions over words for dominate the state anymore and those clowns just cancelled their spring game....gave some lame ass reason, but its really lack of interest. Hell, they can't get half capacity at a HS stadium

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched some tape on Robinson, dude is a wrecking ball. Runs hard and tough to take down. Also showed speed to get to the edge. His thighs are freaking massive.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched some tape on Robinson, dude is a wrecking ball. Runs hard and tough to take down. Also showed speed to get to the edge. His thighs are freaking massive.

he and Barkley make a nice duo. Barkley is faster, little more HR speed, but Robinson is a stud who can get those tough inside yards.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watched his HUDL video and he was blowing past everyone. I didn't see much contact because he'd split two defenders and it was over. Did show some good cutting ability in the hole. Coach is creating competition everywhere. That is what a really good team needs.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched his HUDL video and he was blowing past everyone. I didn't see much contact because he'd split two defenders and it was over. Did show some good cutting ability in the hole. Coach is creating competition everywhere. That is what a really good team needs.

Robinson can grind them down, change of pace and Barkley off to races

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid cuts back like him fellow alum Shady McCoy(who I forgive going to Pitt) because I am an Eagles fan haha. It's really a shame that with someone like McCoy Pitt still couldn't win.

Anyhow judging by the tape this guy is hard to defend against because he can change direction on a dime. I can only imagine once in the workout program for us he will only become an elite player.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kid cuts back like him fellow alum Shady McCoy(who I forgive going to Pitt) because I am an Eagles fan haha. It's really a shame that with someone like McCoy Pitt still couldn't win.

Anyhow judging by the tape this guy is hard to defend against because he can change direction on a dime. I can only imagine once in the workout program for us he will only become an elite player.

Well, McCoy wanted to come to PSU, but was told no by JoePa. Pitt fans never want to believe it, but the weekend it all came undone, I had sideline passes and was talking to McCoy during game. He stated repeatedly, this is home, this is where I want to play football, I love it here. Next day reports were out that he was visiting Pitt and had been told he didn't fulfill the requirements set forth by Joe when he was at the prep school. it was also rumored that MRob went to Joe on behalf of team saying they did not want him after his visit and that MRob, one of the nicest players I have ever met, almost laid him out because he was such a cocky shithead on his visit.

Either way, Robinson is very good, but he does not have McCoy's top end speed. That is what really separated McCoy from other RB's when he was being recruited

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ No wonder McCoy has fit in so well in Philthy...

I kid...I kid

Not really