• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn St Decommits/Transfers thread.

LeaderOCola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ people being mad at the scholarships being yanked. There shouldn't even be sports scholarships. College is for knowledge, therefore that should be the only thing you receive any aid for going to college for. Not how far you can throw some oval shaped pig skin ball.

you know there's a big fancy college word for this ....

:think:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize that it is an investment right. The college makes much more money off of the player than the scholarship costs them.

I could have sworn the primary purpose for attending a college was to be eduacted and get a degree. Athletic programs are probably the major reason we are not the most intelligent nation.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could have sworn the primary purpose for attending a college was to be eduacted and get a degree. Athletic programs are probably the major reason we are not the most intelligent nation.

Yes, because:

1. Athletes are like 150 of the 30K kids n college and have a huge impact on overall performance.

2. Athletes tend to perform better in school than the average little idiot because of the fact that they have certain requirements to meet and are vastly better at time management an organization.

But back to your point, who are you to tell a school how to spend the money they make, you commie bastard!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have your own thread to voice your opinion on the topic sir....

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a lot of the players are sticking by PSU. That's actually kind of cool to see.

PSU's coach was good on Mike and Mike this morning. I liked how he praised some coaches for "getting coaching" by having the courtesy to call. Kiffin was for some reason not one of those praised. Surprising I know.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a lot of the players are sticking by PSU. That's actually kind of cool to see.

PSU's coach was good on Mike and Mike this morning. I liked how he praised some coaches for "getting coaching" by having the courtesy to call. Kiffin was for some reason not one of those praised. Surprising I know.

Thanks, I agree! Still going to be rough, but those dudes have some serious character to stand together to work towards a middle finger at the NCAA

But Kiffin offered to give O'Brien some advice! :rolleyes: fucker

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would be silly for any seniors to leave (Matt McGloin etc..) their final season. They'll still field a pretty competitive team. They just won't be able to go to a bowl.

Even a junior won't see much impact from this.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@12_darKnight: We have chosen to stay at PSU & other opposing coaches are outside our apartment. Was that the intentions of the NCAA

That is some fucking bullshit.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@12_darKnight: We have chosen to stay at PSU & other opposing coaches are outside our apartment. Was that the intentions of the NCAA

That is some fucking bullshit.

Names...We want names...

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm right by there, I should go look! Fuckers

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless, everything Emmert spoke about in his speech is out the door right now as long as it's not Penn State being immoral, unethical, and putting football over academics.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why some non-Penn Staters have a problem with the sanctions. It's not because of the actual punishment, it's about all of the contradictory bullshit. He could have told a story about a fairytale princess when he announced the sanctions and that would have been as true as the shit he said.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why some non-Penn Staters have a problem with the sanctions. It's not because of the actual punishment, it's about all of the contradictory bullshit. He could have told a story about a fairytale princess when he announced the sanctions and that would have been as true as the shit he said.

The academics thing was a fairy tale. Ignorant people now think that (its not their fault, thats what they were told) its true when it was the biggest load of bullshit they said.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The academics thing was a fairy tale. Ignorant people now think that (its not their fault, thats what they were told) its true when it was the biggest load of bullshit they said.

Yep. The public has been told a lot of things throughout this mess, but also not told a lot of things

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have said that the players had to make their intention to move public and to the NCAA before coaches could contact them.

Fucking vultures.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that is the only one I have heard of so far, with 35 saying they are staying as of last night

Are most of those seniors and juniors or have you had some underclassmen also committ to stay?