• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penguins v. Islanders Round 1 Series Thread

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hooray Pens! Crosby to Kunitz!

Thought it was a legit penalty. Middle of the ice, no call. Crosby hauled down going to the net, it's a scoring chance, need ot call that.

Pens just need to be hypnotized into believing they are losing at all times. Every time they go up and seem to have the game under control they start playing like idiots.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens didn't deserve that one, but sometimes deserve has got nothing to do with it :)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hooray Pens! Crosby to Kunitz!

Thought it was a legit penalty. Middle of the ice, no call. Crosby hauled down going to the net, it's a scoring chance, need ot call that.

Pens just need to be hypnotized into believing they are losing at all times. Every time they go up and seem to have the game under control they start playing like idiots.

Yeah, I think the call was made because it directly impacted a chance at a quality shot on goal. For the same reason, I think it was smart of Strait to haul Crosby down.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens didn't deserve that one, but sometimes deserve has got nothing to do with it :)

I've heard that before...

Oh, yeah.
The_Wire_Snoop.jpg

Deserve ain't got shit to do wit' it.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love all the bitching and moaning about the call in OT.

Strait takes his free hand and hauls Sid down by the jersey. That's the definition of holding.

Haters need to buy a clue :rollseyes:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, credit to the zebras for that penalty call, that negated a great scoring chance, that was a call that needed to be made.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope this is a wake up call for the Penguins. They can't play "cute" hockey in the playoffs, they can't let off the gas, and they have to neutralize their opponents' biggest strengths.

The Islanders are fast and are great in transition. That means you can't make lateral passes--especially in the neutral zone, your own end, or at the blue lines--unless they are sure things. Nabby looks shaky anyway, just get after him.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither goalie has looked GREAT this series, not consistently. Nabby was shutdown in game 2 after the early goals, and Fleury in game 1. The Pens just need to be responsible with the puck and play smart. They're doing exactly what the Isles want them to often. As the favorite, you just need to keep it simple and not beat yourselves. That said, the Isles are sure resilient. As DS said though, identify their strengths, and avoid playing into them. THAT is on the coaches, but I have a feeling the coaches have made it clear what those are.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, credit to the zebras for that penalty call, that negated a great scoring chance, that was a call that needed to be made.

So true the call had to be made due to the circumstance.

But I guess the complaining is due to the Pens? IDK?

Anyway this wasn't the first special teams OT game winner this Playoffs. Wasn't this the 3rd or 4th PP OT (I know the Pens, Red Wings and Cap's) winner and the SH winner for the Blues in game 1?

As for the Pens they better wake up because if they do get past the Isles on sure talent alone they won't go past the second. The Isles are showing the rest of the east how to beat them with a high pressure forecheck and to shoot the puck anywhere near Fleury because it will go in.