• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penguins v. Islanders Round 1 Series Thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible Milbury and JR got a talking to from the higher ups? Both very well behaved during that intermission. I don't like it.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think possession and zone time was much stronger for the Isles in the 2nd. They had sustained attacks in their offensive zone. I thought the Pens had much shorter bursts and the Isles' D-men were getting the puck out of the zone quicker. Just my observations. I don't even really care who wins. I think the Isles could steal a game or two, but I don't think they can beat this squad. They would need a goalie on absolute fire to do so, and Nabokov has been just so-so in this series.

The thing is, I'd rather see the Isles sustain offensive zone pressure than see them flying down ice on a counter-attack. At least in the former, we can keep them to the outside and go for some blocks. Overall, a slower-paced game works for the Pens.

Funny, because against almost any other team (except maybe the Leafs) it'd be the other way around.

Murray was a beast that period. Huge defensive play against Tavares 1-on-1 and then snipes a goal.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think possession and zone time was much stronger for the Isles in the 2nd. They had sustained attacks in their offensive zone. I thought the Pens had much shorter bursts and the Isles' D-men were getting the puck out of the zone quicker. Just my observations. I don't even really care who wins. I think the Isles could steal a game or two, but I don't think they can beat this squad. They would need a goalie on absolute fire to do so, and Nabokov has been just so-so in this series.

I'd agree with most of that. Nabby has been pretty bad. And the Isles needed him to be their best player in this series. Bylsma made the right move with sitting Engelland for Despres. The rookie just makes smarter decisions with the puck. He didn't start the game out real well, but Despres came back strong in the second.

Let's not kid about you not caring who wins, though :suds:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just...Murray just made that? That was a freaking snipe. He saw Nabby off his angle and picked a corner. Man. Only caught the last few minutes of the second, and will probably miss the end. How's the game been?

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible Milbury and JR got a talking to from the higher ups? Both very well behaved during that intermission. I don't like it.

No they just kissed and made up. I actually agree with both of them for once.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd imagine the convo went something like this:

"Mils... JR... Sit down, guys. Hey do us all a favor here at NBC and stop acting like knuckle-dragging neanderthals. And Mils,.. please don't hit the junior hockey kids, anymore... Oh, JR.. here are some tissues for ya, bud."

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agreed with the two idiots by the way...that was a vicious consequence to the Gryba hit, but the damage came from hitting the ice. Now, doesn't mean it should be allowed, but, from what I saw of that hit it looked legal.

...moving on though.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agreed with the two idiots by the way...that was a vicious consequence to the Gryba hit, but the damage came from hitting the ice. Now, doesn't mean it should be allowed, but, from what I saw of that hit it looked legal.

...moving on though.

Thank you.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Sid's backhand is ridiculous. Missed there by a lot, but what a freaking rocket. Shocked they called that hook. It was, but...meh.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, Isles fans are out of practice. This isn't college basketball, chanting profanities are just silly and immature now.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, I'd rather see the Isles sustain offensive zone pressure than see them flying down ice on a counter-attack. At least in the former, we can keep them to the outside and go for some blocks. Overall, a slower-paced game works for the Pens.

Funny, because against almost any other team (except maybe the Leafs) it'd be the other way around.

Murray was a beast that period. Huge defensive play against Tavares 1-on-1 and then snipes a goal.

Yeah, yeah. Good points, Dacks.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man they are so effing casual with the puck. What the heck. Play it deep, play smart. It's not that hard.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Balls. Bad powerplay, a goal at the end, and now the momentum is for the Isles.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called that one. The Pens looked very disinterested on that PP.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the previous rush, why didn't Letang just pull the trigger? He had a lane and Nabokov has been weak.