• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pelicans hire Willie Green as HC

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underrated as a player, and takes over a talented yet incredibly flawed team as a coach. David Griffin’s job could be next if this don’t pan out…

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underrated as a player, and takes over a talented yet incredibly flawed team as a coach. David Griffin’s job could be next if this don’t pan out…

Have to question hiring a 39 year old first time head coach with only 5 years experience as an assistant and little name recognition when you need to keep your franchise player happy enough to stay.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to question hiring a 39 year old first time head coach with only 5 years experience as an assistant and little name recognition when you need to keep your franchise player happy enough to stay.
I have no idea how he will be as a coach, but I assume they did some due diligence before hiring. I do like seeing some new blood and not just a coaching carousel.
But with all the ex-players with little experience getting hired it makes me sad that Lambert never got his shot. His time has passed now, but all he ever did was improve his teams and win, but still couldn't get his shot.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how he will be as a coach, but I assume they did some due diligence before hiring. I do like seeing some new blood and not just a coaching carousel.
But with all the ex-players with little experience getting hired it makes me sad that Lambert never got his shot. His time has passed now, but all he ever did was improve his teams and win, but still couldn't get his shot.

It just seems odd with other previously hot names like Becky Hammon not getting hired yet (she may have a Pops succession plan in SA though).

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damn autocorrect, Laimbeer not Lambert. Who the hell is Lambert?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damn autocorrect, Laimbeer not Lambert. Who the hell is Lambert?
the original high GIF by Adam Lambert