• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAY THE MAN!!!!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....which I think is still on loan from Bucky Dent......

drum.gif

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, I thought Manning's was MF but since TDs3 is a Denver guy, I figured he'd know better. hmmmm...

LOL You beat me to the punch!

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the "Don't taze me bro" guy from 5 or so years ago? Well, here is a spin on that, that I will call "Don't taze the ho"

Remember the dude that Tasered his wife following a bet on the Bears-Packers game in November?

His name is John M. Grant, and he was found guilty of using a stun gun on his wife and subsequently fined $250.
According to reports, Grant, a Bears fan, bet his wife, a Packers fan, that he could use a Taser on her if Chicago won the Monday night matchup Nov. 4. Of course, that was the game Aaron Rodgers broke his collarbone in and Josh McCown led the Bears to a 27-20 victory.
So Grant did what any red-blooded (drunk) American man would do: He paid up on his bet, no matter how ridiculous it was.
Grant Tasered his wife twice in the buttocks (to which she responded "hell ya it hurt" in what may be the most underrated and obvious quote of all time) outside a bar in Wisconsin, prompting Grant's charge with felony possession of an electronic weapon.

Grant was also forced to pay court costs in addition to the fine — a total of $568.

Worth it. Who wants to be known as a welsher for the rest of their life?

Last edited by a moderator:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great read

I couldn't stomach reading all of that, but I have to admit that the author seems to be right in his claim that BB's best days aren't behind him. Despite all of the injuries that the Pats have suffered they are still very much in contention for another BB crafted SB. I was looking at their roster the other day and was stunned to see just how young they are too.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the "Don't taze me bro" guy from 5 or so years ago? Well, here is a spin on that, that I will call "Don't taze the ho"

Remember the dude that Tasered his wife following a bet on the Bears-Packers game in November?

His name is John M. Grant, and he was found guilty of using a stun gun on his wife and subsequently fined $250.
According to reports, Grant, a Bears fan, bet his wife, a Packers fan, that he could use a Taser on her if Chicago won the Monday night matchup Nov. 4. Of course, that was the game Aaron Rodgers broke his collarbone in and Josh McCown led the Bears to a 27-20 victory.
So Grant did what any red-blooded (drunk) American man would do: He paid up on his bet, no matter how ridiculous it was.
Grant Tasered his wife twice in the buttocks (to which she responded "hell ya it hurt" in what may be the most underrated and obvious quote of all time) outside a bar in Wisconsin, prompting Grant's charge with felony possession of an electronic weapon.

Grant was also forced to pay court costs in addition to the fine — a total of $568.

Oh wowow.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
assuming he will always play 32 games, that's not worth $30million. almost $10mill/game? this is getting out of hand. I see a strike in 2016. these contracts are way out of whack.

no, thats one million per game ten million would be for three games.

Who do you blame for the contracts? Its the owners that are giving them out. They wont stop because the next Cano or Grienke come out of contract and say they dont care if the worst team pays them the most money, they are going where the offers are.

So beer sales for a game go to the starter, dodger tickets go up to 60 a pop, if anyone is worth 30 million its Kershaw.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Thomas vs. Sammy Sosa

Newly elected Hall of Famer Frank Thomas joined Jim Rome for an interview that will air in this month’s Jim Rome on Showtime beginning Wednesday night. In it, Thomas touched on multiple aspects of steroids use in baseball, including both his own doubts about the integrity of some of his colleagues and his distaste for media members questioning whether he used.
“I knew it was shady when Sammy Sosa hit 60 home runs,” Thomas said.”Sammy Sosa was my teammate for three years coming up. So watching his career and watching him grow, for three years he was capable of only 20-25, 27 home runs at the most… there’s no way Sammy doubled me up. With Mark McGwire, you really had to take a look at it because Mark McGwire had 48 home runs as a rookie.”
Sosa hit only 35 home runs in 449 games in the minors, though he was often a bit young for his level. He hit 15 home runs in his rookie season as a 21-year-old in 1990, then averaged 34 home runs a year from 1993 to 1997 before exploding for 66 in 1998.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Newly elected Hall of Famer Frank Thomas joined Jim Rome for an interview that will air in this month’s Jim Rome on Showtime beginning Wednesday night. In it, Thomas touched on multiple aspects of steroids use in baseball, including both his own doubts about the integrity of some of his colleagues and his distaste for media members questioning whether he used.
“I knew it was shady when Sammy Sosa hit 60 home runs,” Thomas said.”Sammy Sosa was my teammate for three years coming up. So watching his career and watching him grow, for three years he was capable of only 20-25, 27 home runs at the most… there’s no way Sammy doubled me up. With Mark McGwire, you really had to take a look at it because Mark McGwire had 48 home runs as a rookie.”
Sosa hit only 35 home runs in 449 games in the minors, though he was often a bit young for his level. He hit 15 home runs in his rookie season as a 21-year-old in 1990, then averaged 34 home runs a year from 1993 to 1997 before exploding for 66 in 1998.

sorry but stats do not prove steroids at all.

if Glavine and Thomas are clean, so are the rest of the inductees.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PEDs had to present quite a dilemma to players who didn't use them as they watched how they affected the performances of guys who did use them. Have to imagine that there were quite a few players who initially resisted PEDs before finally giving into them.

I intend to try and catch the Big Hurt on Showtime. Should be interesting to hear what he has to say.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Jim Rhome interviews Thomas reminds me of one of my favorite screen names on this site, namely, Jim Rhome is Flaming!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Jim Rhome interviews Thomas reminds me of one of my favorite screen names on this site, namely, Jim Rhome is Flaming!

I can not stand Jim Rome.

The only thing of any redeeming value I have seen from him was the time he called Jim Everett "Chris".

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can not stand Jim Rome.

The only thing of any redeeming value I have seen from him was the time he called Jim Everett "Chris".

Yeah, agreed on both.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The regimen of performance-enhancing substances delivered by Anthony Bosch to Alex Rodriguez was "probably the most potent and sophisticated drug program developed for an athlete that we've ever seen," U.S. Anti-Doping Agency CEO Travis Tygart told The Associated Press.

"No one who cares about clean sports likes to hear it," Tygart said in an interview with the AP. "And don't just take my word for it. Look at the findings of an independent arbitrator who saw all the evidence, sat through the testimony and laid the whole conspiracy out."
Tygart said Bosch's regimen included dozens of blood tests to see how the drugs were metabolizing and which doses to use when. It included peptides and female fertility drugs to supplement testosterone, human growth hormone and an insulin-like growth factor.
"At the end of the day," Tygart said, "this was a potent cocktail of sophisticated PEDs stacked together to deliver power, aid recovery, avoid detection and create a home run champion."

Tygart referred specifically to an exchange in which Rodriguez told Bosch he had an important game coming up and asked whether he should take gummies -- a lozenge dosed with testosterone -- at 10:45 a.m. in case he wound up being required to take a drug test after a day game. Bosch replied, "10:30."
"Look, no one can say with that much certainty how long the window [to avoid detection] would be open," Tygart said. "And most people know that tiny dose, even fast-acting testosterone, won't provide much of a boost. But look at it as part of an overall [PED] program, while in-season testing is taking place. It's more like maintenance; it's going to be hard to find, plus it makes the other drugs you're using more effective.
"Another point that may have gotten missed," Tygart added, "is that insiders like Bosch want to give the perception they know. It's part of the pitch, how you market to pro athletes. So saying 10:30 instead of 10:45 makes the athlete think, 'Hey, this guy really knows his stuff.'"
In Bosch's case, that was largely true. So much so that anti-doping experts like Tygart and Wadler have broadened the scope of their investigations to include many of the same tactics that law enforcement agencies use to pursue suppliers of a wide range of illegal drugs.
"How many guys will take [Bosch's] protocols and adopt them?" Wadler said. "Plenty. Enhancing performance is tied up with a lot of things, legal and illegal, but the bottom line is always money.
"When we look at this case, it's troubling in a very real sense because most of the science passes muster. What I'd stress is not the part about it being good science, but that it's illicit science. And quite possibly, dangerous at some level, too."

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Thomas won two AL MVP's and arod is 12-0 on piss tests, even after admitting using with texas due to the demands of the contract. Mark McGuire was on steroids for his asthma.

I dont think anyone ever saw a muscle on big hurts body.

I am not a sox fan, but you gotta think that frank would have showed some signs like his hat size growing if he was juicing.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Thomas won two AL MVP's and arod is 12-0 on piss tests, even after admitting using with texas due to the demands of the contract. Mark McGuire was on steroids for his asthma.

I dont think anyone ever saw a muscle on big hurts body. ???

I am not a sox fan, but you gotta think that frank would have showed some signs like his hat size growing if he was juicing.

Frank left the game pretty much the same size he came in as, just a little fatter, as we all get when we age.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate Jim Rome, honestly I would love to know who actually likes him.

It's kind of funny that there are so many sports commentators who seem to have found pretty sweet gigs that pay them well to talk about sports, yet finding a sports fan who likes them is rare.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kind of funny that there are so many sports commentators who seem to have found pretty sweet gigs that pay them well to talk about sports, yet finding a sports fan who likes them is rare.

It's extremely rare.