• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul Richardson

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go off today, or you're a bust. Seriously, EVERY TEAM hit this year on a receiver that drafted one in the first 2 rounds spare Seattle.

HustleWilson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a feeling this would happen. Dude is Wiz Khalifa skinny.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is his issue that he gets mauled in the 5-yard chuck zone? Perhaps it's easily fixable in the offseason with some martial arts, strength and power training.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes wr's take time to develop, tate had a pretty sudpar rookie year too and look at him now. Shouldn't have let him go, he is tough and physical, exactly how are offense is supposed to be.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes wr's take time to develop, tate had a pretty sudpar rookie year too and look at him now. Shouldn't have let him go, he is tough and physical, exactly how are offense is supposed to be.

Tate is proving he is well worth the money he got. The Lions got huge value for the price they paid.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Receivers frequently take time. There is a fair bit of subtlety to the position.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people are just too impatient. You dont give up on developing players halfway through a rookie year with limited opportunities.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go off today, or you're a bust. Seriously, EVERY TEAM hit this year on a receiver that drafted one in the first 2 rounds spare Seattle.

What receivers taken after Richardson have stepped up?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson isn't a bust.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling a rookie wr a bust is a bit of a stretch. It's hard for our wr's to finish there routes when the QB is either sacked or already flushed out of the pocket after 2 seconds.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to early to call anyone a bust. Richardson only has 20 targets so far, heck until Harvin got traded, he didn't hardly see the field. Then there is the fact that the Seahawks are a running team, with a piss poor pass blocking OL, and the routes are slow developing type of routes. Richardson is the least of my worries right now. The offense will look better if and when the OL starts improving on pass blocking. There was that one play where Wilson had all day to throw the ball, he suckered the defense by looking one way and drawing the defender in the wrong direction, giving him a wide open receiver in the other direction. The offense will or would be good with good pass blocking.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Rice was a bust after 8 games himself. He was able to turn it around.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I certainly wouldn't call him a bust but i am still waiting to see something impressive from him. so far i have not seen him gain separation or make great plays. part of that is also on the oline. a deep threat needs good protection to get open

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What receivers taken after Richardson have stepped up?

Martavis Bryant and John Brown are the two main ones. Jarvis Landry has been ok too. But those guys are in more pass friendly offenses.
I think a lot of this offense was geared around having Harvin. He is gone and so is an off season of building a play book. Tough to start over mid season. Give him at least an off season and a chance for this passing game to get an identity before writing him or Norwood off.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With how far off a lot of people play Richardson i say start using him in those 8 to 10 yard crossing patterns. This would put him behind the LB but infront of the Safeties and make the CB pay for playing off. Problem is, that is also where people get blown up. He is so thin can his body handle it?

I still think Lockette needs to be on the field more than he has been at WR. Some times people just do not practice as well as they play and i believe Lockette is one of those types.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Broncos drafted a guy in the 2nd round in Cody Latimer and he has hardly seen the field so not sure your thoughts on every receiver in the 1st 2 rounds being a bust. Now given the Broncos haven't hardly had to use him with guys like Thomas, Thomas, Sanders, and Welker in front of him but again receivers just take some time to develop. Plus have to remember Colorado used Richardson to run about 3 main routes. In the NFL that is the part that takes the most time for receivers is just learning how to run routes effectively to get separation. There is no more of this just having the speed to outrun everybody like in college. To get separation in the NFL it takes being able to make guys take bad steps because everybody has speed in the NFL. Give him a year or so and if he can stay healthy I think you will like what you see. The fact that so many rookie receivers are doing well this year is very unheard of.

HustleWilson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even lie, it is pretty frustrating seeing all of these other rookie WRs developing quickly and making play after play. Meanwhile we have the worst WR group in the league and we NEED Richardson to step up big time but hasn't don't much at all. History shows WR's do take time to develop but not as much anymore because of the lack of defense in today's NFL. We need Richardson to step up and step up now.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even lie, it is pretty frustrating seeing all of these other rookie WRs developing quickly and making play after play. Meanwhile we have the worst WR group in the league and we NEED Richardson to step up big time but hasn't don't much at all. History shows WR's do take time to develop but not as much anymore because of the lack of defense in today's NFL. We need Richardson to step up and step up now.

It ever dawn on you that the way the offense works for the Seahawks, no receiver puts up big numbers? If Richardson played for the Packers for example, I'm pretty sure he would be putting up some better stats. Now if the Seahawks ever have a decent OL that can pass block, all that could change, but they don't.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we all want Richardson to do well, but we have to remember that his circumstances are different from those receivers picked ahead of him. He plays on a run-heavy offense with a passing philosophy of spreading the ball around. Combine that with the fact that he and Norwood rarely ever saw the field before Harvin was traded two days prior to week 7 and only see it marginally more often now and the fact that our pass protection fluctuates between pretty bad and whatever word you want to use for last Sunday's performance, and I think it's frankly ridiculous to expect him to be contributing much more than he is. The results we're seeing from the other rookie receivers around the league are both atypical of what normally happens with first-year receivers and largely a product of their respective teams' offensive schemes. Would I like to see more out of Richardson? Sure, him and Norwood both. Do I expect it? No. Not until our pass protection improves, anyway.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you still think Richardson is a bust?