• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patton!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If AJ didnt get stronger over the year, Patton will be taking his spot until Mario is back and healthy

Patton ain't taking sh8.

He is not better than Kyle Williams. He's a solid #4 though. He just has several people on the squad who are better than him at this point of their careers. If healthy, I don't see how he will get more snaps than Kyle, and Mario.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Patton ain't taking sh8.

He is not better than Kyle Williams. He's a solid #4 though. He just has several people on the squad who are better than him at this point of their careers. If healthy, I don't see how he will get more snaps than Kyle, and Mario.

Was Mario a slot receiver last year or was he in a rotation with Randy Moss (Not being rhetorical)?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Was Mario a slot receiver last year or was he in a rotation with Randy Moss (Not being rhetorical)?

Actually he was doing both. Motioning out of the backfield (from the slot position), and he was also playing on the outside going deep and running lots of slants (during the Rams game for instance). I like Mario so much...! He brings a whole lot to our offense:

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Actually he was doing both. Motioning out of the backfield (from the slot position), and he was also playing on the outside going deep and running lots of slants (during the Rams game for instance). I like Mario so much...! He brings a whole lot to our offense:

Really missed that guy in the playoffs....

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

totally agree, thought Mannhingham was the most explosive receiver we had.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hey, look who's back! So Deep, thoughts on the Eric Reid pick? The draft in general?

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I didn't think that was the issue, but then again who knows what's going on with the enigma that is AJ Jenkins.

I posted earlier in this thread that if Jenkins wants to be a good WR in this league he has to want it like Patton. Then somebody posted bringing up the fact that AJ missed his graduation ceremony for rookie mini camps. So I then posted that he showed up out of shape. This after he talked about running "The Hill" with Rice.

I am not one to give up on a guy after one year. Well, one really bad year. I won't call him a bust. And I haven't given up on him. Just pointing out that Patton seems to have the drive to want to be a good WR.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How come Kaepernick was allowed to do this through a similar scenario?? Where he got drafted and then he and his mom and dad got in the car and drove from Turlock to the 49ers headquarters. Did the rules change recently?

Missed this earlier. Apparently the rules say you can come to team HQ within a certain amount of time after the draft (24 hours?). So teams routinely bring in their first round picks and show them off. Kap drove in the next day. But after that there's a window where rookies are absolutely not permitted on the premises. I'm still wondering how he got that far, but they caught him before he made it on site.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
can we please stop this. it is in every freaking thread.

That was kind of the point for awhile. But Deep actually (kind of) answered my question, so I'm moving on. Apologies to everyone else. I realize it was quite annoying.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I posted earlier in this thread that if Jenkins wants to be a good WR in this league he has to want it like Patton. Then somebody posted bringing up the fact that AJ missed his graduation ceremony for rookie mini camps. So I then posted that he showed up out of shape. This after he talked about running "The Hill" with Rice.

I am not one to give up on a guy after one year. Well, one really bad year. I won't call him a bust. And I haven't given up on him. Just pointing out that Patton seems to have the drive to want to be a good WR.

There needs to be a deeper investigation to AJ Jenkins' 2012 season. The guy is a great route runner, 4.3 speed, lanky 32 3/4" arms, and above average hands. As a Niner he hasn't shown it but he hasn't had a chance to prove it, he's MUCH better than the likes of Kyle Williams and has an edge over Patton just due to his size and speed (They're basically the same player otherwise).

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My point was that it's the same gesture. I think they both take their jobs seriously. It's a nice story, and I'm glad that he is excited to play NFL football, but I don't think it says much about the greater WR battle. I assume AJ is smart enough to understand that a second contract could set up his great grandkids' (including all nieces and nephews) pretty nicely. This was going to be an extremely important year for him, already.

I agree that he has a chance to avoid the "bust" tag, and I hope they both pan out because most likely at least two of Boldin/Manningham/Crabtree will be gone within the next one to three years.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Quinton Patton - WR - 49ers

Colin Kaepernick called rookie WR Quinton Patton a "great player" after Patton's impressive preseason debut Sunday night.

Patton caught four passes for 35 yards and a touchdown, playing both in the slot and outside receiver. "He's a great player," said Kaepernick. "He is someone who just knows football. He knows how to get open. He knows how to make plays. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do for us." Patton has a good chance to open the season as San Francisco's No. 3 wide receiver.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Aug 26 - 11:26 AM

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
patton2.gif

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pleasant surprise yesterday. I hope he gets some opportunities in the regular season.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He showed why some draftniks had him with a 2nd round grade.