• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patterson?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I didn't see UT play at all this year, so I know very little about him outside of what everyone has said on here. How versatile of a player could he be? I really like the idea of adding a Harvin/Cobb/Austin type player. With Patterson's CoD ability could he be used in a similar role?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without question.

Can his peanut brain handle the playbook though?

UT used him out of the backfield so he already has that experience. He's lethal as a KR and PR. He has deep threat ability at WR as well.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I've thought Patterson was a little overrated all season...

The Niners already have 5 WRs, so I doubt they draft one because Manningham restructured. It'll probably have to be Jenkins in that role or bust.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac he can play anything man, but as Ray says the worry is about the playbook. He is one of the best WR prospects that I've seen in a very long time.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll defer to the front office, but I'm concerned that he may not be smarter than

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 404

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I also think Patterson, if he can do what Austin can from the backfield, is more versatile because I believe he'd be better split out wide.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't doubt that (but I saw Austin a few times). I just think we're more likely to see Patterson in range for us than Austin at this point.

You think so? I think they'll both be gone in the first 16 picks (22 at the latest; Rams need WRs). You think the Niners would trade up that high for a WR considering they already have 5 on the roster? Or do you think I'm projecting them too high?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You think so? I think they'll both be gone in the first 16 picks (22 at the latest; Rams need WRs). You think the Niners would trade up that high for a WR considering they already have 5 on the roster? Or do you think I'm projecting them too high?

It's more that I think Austin will go first, and I really like the idea of adding a weapon on offense that versatile. I haven't followed the draft as closely this year, so I don't have a good feel on how high they'll go.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterson's a good player but I too believe he's pretty overrated. If you go back through last season all his "big" games were against terrible opponents and was pretty pedestrian against teams with somewhat of a pulse. He can be dangerous in certain situations but I expected much more of him than what I've seen. Not to mention, like others have said, he doesn't appear to be the sharpest tool in the shed.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
"Hit me in the head with a hammer the next time I want to draft a dumb guy."

-Jimmy Johnson

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Without question.
Can his peanut brain handle the playbook though?

UT used him out of the backfield so he already has that experience. He's lethal as a KR and PR. He has deep threat ability at WR as well.

:suds::agree:

PS - I don't care about his peanut brain. That just proves to me that this kid has room to even be much more scarier had he had the ability to learn the entire playbook. If he is able to do what he did being deficient, imagine how dominant he would be once he doesn't have to do too much thinking by actually having mastered his assignments. Wow! That dude is scary good and the sky is the limit for him.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Austin > Patterson

I am not disagreeing, but I am not agreeing either. I would love to have either one of them.

But what I do know is that both of them are > Justin Hunter who people are trying to draft with our 31st overall pick.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not disagreeing, but I am not agreeing either. I would love to have either one of them.

But what I do know is that both of them are > Justin Hunter who people are trying to draft with our 31st overall pick.

I haven't seen a lot of Austin but I'll assume that both he and Patterson are more explosive than Hunter but I think Hunter is being sold very short. Dude will be a excellent pro. He has speed, route running and can adjust to the ball. He had some dropsies last year but I think that was more a function of the bad environment around him and bouncing back from the ACL. Hunter is legit.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin doesn't have the same skill set as Patterson at WR. CP can do all aspects of that position.

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2013 NFL draft - Mel Kiper's Top 5 prospects at every position - ESPN

WIDE RECEIVERS

Tavon Austin
Cordarrelle Patterson*
Justin Hunter*
Keenan Allen*
Quinton Patton

Analysis: Two very distinct guys at the top, but they share one trait. Austin is slot-specific, but can be a game-breaker. Patterson is big and built to stretch the field, but he's also tough with the ball in his hands. This class has gotten better -- I can see up to four off the board in Round 1.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Justin Hunter is easily a better WR than Austin or Patterson. Never doubted that for a minute. (although Austin is the best ST guy).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I was tempted to start a D_U_M_E_R_V_I_L!!!!! thread, but I guess I'll just reiderate here.

Revis = too expensive in terms of money & draft picks for the risk.
Dumervil would only cost a few million more than Abraham.
Osi? I'd still be open to signing him, but Dumervil seems like a much safer option.
Dumervil >>> Nnamdi.

The Niners need to beat the Broncos' offer. There's a chance they might see the Broncos in the Super Bowl! It would help the Niners and screw them over. It would be like the 2011 defense without the 2011 offense (because of a developed Kaepernick).

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on that train with you. It's the biggest no-brainer of the off-season IMO.