• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pats Sign A DT

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andre Neblett, originally an undrafted free agent out of Temple in 2010, was with the Panthers from 2010-2012 and spent this preseason with the Buccaneers. He was previously brought in by the Patriots for a workout.

Neblett, 6-foot and 310 pounds, gives the Patriots an additional body along the interior of the defensive line...

Kelly wasn't at practice today so they might need more than Neblett.

The interior of the D-line could cause a major problem in the short passing game against the Saints if the LBs have to cheat up to help stop the run. Two out of the three starting LBs already have a chink in their coverage armor.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to make a trade if we can. This is going to be a problem if Kelly is out.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I agree. If we trade, we grossly overpay. With Kelly out, are we one DT away from the SB? I doubt it.

If the right trade comes up obviously you take it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see much potential for a trade that benefits us.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So everyone was cool when we traded for Talib in a contract yr to help improve a bad secondary, but you guys are willing to sit back and lose Vince, Kelly and have Velanaoe and Jones as are DT? If there is a deal to made for a productive player, you do it.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember that we have two DT's on the practice squad (Fortson and Francis). Both of them already know the system. Then there is Armond Armstead, the highly touted ex-CFLer who is due off the non-football injury list after game six, which would be next Monday. Armstead had surgery for an unspecified illness so no one knows what kind of shape he's in. Still, if there is someone out there via trade or free agency that might help, that's a viable avenue to investigate. Ron Brace is a big body (330), is a free agent and knows the system. He wasn't much when he was here, but he would fill a need for a short time.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about A.J Francis, the DT from Mia? I thought he was a can't miss. Mia didnt want to let him go, but had not choice and hoped he landed on their PS. We sign him and hear about his talents, but he is not getting the call. I have always like Casey Hampton, if we got him in camp. He was a fatty that could fill in and play on the GL def. Prob so out of shape now...LOL

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So everyone was cool when we traded for Talib in a contract yr to help improve a bad secondary, but you guys are willing to sit back and lose Vince, Kelly and have Velanaoe and Jones as are DT? If there is a deal to made for a productive player, you do it.

If there was an equivalent situation to Talib's available - where a top tier DT could be had for a 4th round pick - I would jump on that IMMEDIATELY.

Those situations are rare. They don't happen just because we need a DT.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What draw said. Talib is damn near a top of the line corner and was pennies on the dollar. DTs are rarely parted with, especially ones who would actually make an impact. The price would be steep.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was an equivalent situation to Talib's available - where a top tier DT could be had for a 4th round pick - I would jump on that IMMEDIATELY.

Those situations are rare. They don't happen just because we need a DT.

Did you know that Talib was available and that BB was going to trade for him? I had not clue at all. Thing is, we have no idea who is out there for trade...

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Neblett didn't last too long..waived today and they promoted Forston to the 53 man roster.

I think the LBs will get a lot of action...I hope they can stay healthy.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Neblett didn't last too long..waived today and they promoted Forston to the 53 man roster.

I think the LBs will get a lot of action...I hope they can stay healthy.

We signed him for an immediate need and tried him out. I think the results say we'll get the most out of our practice squad until someone gets healthy or we find a ready to perform player