• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots using drones?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was illegal in the U.S. what can't you grasp? Your argument is like saying I coukd take a gun on the field, shoot a player, and because it's not specified by the NFL Bylaws it wouldn't be illegal.
Roids really make people angry. Did you own stock in them and now you're pissed because your portfolio took a beating once the Squealers stopped using?

You're missing the point....

And as far as angry, is that the best offence you have for your argument.
I wouldn't waist any emotion on a stadium full of cheaters.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Anabolic Steroid Control Act was fully active during the 1990’s.

Steroids were a banned substance in America after the 1988 Olympics.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that but we are talking about Steroids and the NFL in the 60's - 80's.

Steroids were not banned in the NFL until the late 80's, and weren't a controlled substance in the US until 1990.

We cannot apply today's rules to those teams.
In 1990 the control substance act, which is a federal act controlled the manufacturing, selling, possessing likethe FDA does with food. They were illegal without a legit precsription prior.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradshaw admitted it but you can't? Talk about homerism. How are the drones today?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradshaw admitted it but you can't? Talk about homerism. How are the drones today?

I never said they didn't use them......

Was it a banned substance in the NFL????

WTF is so hard to understand....
You jump in a conversation you know nothing about, flap your lips with your holier than thou shit, and I'm the homer?

I guess it could be worse, it could be found Brady is a liar.... oh wait....

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that but we are talking about Steroids and the NFL in the 60's - 80's.

Steroids were not banned in the NFL until the late 80's, and weren't a controlled substance in the US until 1990.

We cannot apply today's rules to those teams.
I have been a pharmacist since 1978. Steroids in athletes has not been considered a "legitimate medical purpose" since at least that time. I have dispensed anabolic steroids my entire career. I have steadfastly refused to dispense them to bodybuilders and athletes who could not demonstrate a legitimate diagnosis. There were sources, but not anyone I would consider an ethical prescriber or dispenser of medication.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been a pharmacist since 1978. Steroids in athletes has not been considered a "legitimate medical purpose" since at least that time. I have dispensed anabolic steroids my entire career. I have steadfastly refused to dispense them to bodybuilders and athletes who could not demonstrate a legitimate diagnosis. There were sources, but not anyone I would consider an ethical prescriber or dispenser of medication.

So you as a pharmacist overrule Dr's prescriptions? How many pharmacists dont?

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you as a pharmacist overrule Dr's prescriptions? How many pharmacists dont?
I have a corresponding liability that requires that I make sure that a prescription is valid before dispensing it. That includes what I quoted earlier (legitimate medical purpose).

Most (not all pharmacists) are fairly ethical in this regard. Like I said, there were sources...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a corresponding liability that requires that I make sure that a prescription is valid before dispensing it. That includes what I quoted earlier (legitimate medical purpose).

Most (not all pharmacists) are fairly ethical in this regard. Like I said, there were sources...

Since you are a pharmacist I won't try to over argue with you however everything I find to read in the subject says steroids were easy to obtain, as there was no control or laws over anabolic steroids back then.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You jump in a conversation you know nothing about, flap your lips with your holier than thou shit, and I'm the homer?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, can't be !!.......:heh:
78004a5b-df13-48f3-a046-b24fbfaf5aa6_zps6fnlhtqh.jpg

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, can't be !!.......:heh:
78004a5b-df13-48f3-a046-b24fbfaf5aa6_zps6fnlhtqh.jpg
Ahhhhh there's my buddy from the special school with zero to add. Glad to see you got the dosage right today. I mean why waste time with something new. It's much easier to post the same pic time after time.....zzzzzzzzzzz

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhhhh there's my buddy from the special school with zero to add. Glad to see you got the dosage right today. I mean why waste time with something new. It's much easier to post the same pic time after time.....zzzzzzzzzzz

Well hello there teenie weenie, always good to see my favorite punching bag and biggest phony on the Hoop...
You bandwagon fans are fun to watch, it's like watching a dog try to pick a guitar....
68ca0058-c576-4b82-92bb-147285e491af_zpsdjeoabfi.jpg

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you are a pharmacist I won't try to over argue with you however everything I find to read in the subject says steroids were easy to obtain, as there was no control or laws over anabolic steroids back then.
They still required a prescription, which is really all the control needed. A licensed prescriber had to prescribe the drug to a patient for a legitimate medical purpose, then a pharmacist had to determine that the prescription was valid and dispense it.

Alternatively, some unethical prescribers dispensed directly to the patient without a legitimate medical purpose. They were easy to obtain from unethical prescribers. That does not eliminate their legal responsibility.

I never disputed that they were easy to get. Just that they were not easy to get from people with scruples.

I once had a dentist write himself a prescription for 10 grams of cocaine. When I told him I wouldn't fill the prescription and that if he wanted it, he could fill out the proper order form his honest to goodness response was, "If I do that, I will have to keep records on where it goes." No kidding.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wikipedia is not a source.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's hilarious to watch a NE fan even attempt to bust out another fan base about rules hat weren't in effect then but are now illegal....

It would be like someone accusing NE of illegal substitutions based on this years rules but For last years offense....Ya know? Crazy right?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wikipedia is not a source.

Didn't use wiki.
Steroid Laws | Steroidal.com

Maybe the site I used went to wiki, I don't know. If the are saying the same thing odds are wiki used them.

If I'm wrong please show me because I really did look for something that would prove it wrong.

Trust me as a Cowboys fan I hate the Steelers, would like nothing better than to poke holes in their armor.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still required a prescription, which is really all the control needed. A licensed prescriber had to prescribe the drug to a patient for a legitimate medical purpose, then a pharmacist had to determine that the prescription was valid and dispense it.

Alternatively, some unethical prescribers dispensed directly to the patient without a legitimate medical purpose. They were easy to obtain from unethical prescribers. That does not eliminate their legal responsibility.

I never disputed that they were easy to get. Just that they were not easy to get from people with scruples.

I once had a dentist write himself a prescription for 10 grams of cocaine. When I told him I wouldn't fill the prescription and that if he wanted it, he could fill out the proper order form his honest to goodness response was, "If I do that, I will have to keep records on where it goes." No kidding.

Simple question. We're steroids easy to get prescribed prior to 1990?

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't use wiki.
Steroid Laws | Steroidal.com

Maybe the site I used went to wiki, I don't know. If the are saying the same thing odds are wiki used them.

If I'm wrong please show me because I really did look for something that would prove it wrong.

Trust me as a Cowboys fan I hate the Steelers, would like nothing better than to poke holes in their armor.
Find a source that states that anabolic steroids did not require a prescription. Hint: There isn't one.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find a source that states that anabolic steroids did not require a prescription. Hint: There isn't one.
The Steeler hate runs deep in you, doesn't it.

Haven't I maintained it was very easy to get prescriptions from doctors?