• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots to sign Tebow... really.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree. Unlike the Jets, the Pats have enough weapons that they don't NEED Tim Tebow. I think he'll work out just fine.

It is understood that Tebow most definitely will not be a contender for the QB position. So that's not a media problem. Even if Brady struggles (VERY doubtful anyway) Tebow still will not play QB and there is no pressure on Bellichik to play him at QB.

Tebow will benefit the team as a 3rd string QB, backup player at TE and FB. He can also come into a game in a Wildcat situation only.

If I were a Pats fan I would be excited about this. Bellichik will not let Tebow's media attention hurt his team like the idiots in NY did.

Yeah, if he's willing to play an H-back role and play on STs, he's a worthwhile pickup. The question is if he'll sign on for that. Open up a roster spot if you like your backup, which the Pats seem to.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he takes Brady off the field for one play it's too much.

Okay, I'll buy that. But what about when Brady's helmet pops off and he has to come out for one play in a running situation? Works then. Tebow aint going to fumble the ball, he's a lot more likely to get you a few yards.

And you'll love it when he gets HIT getting those yards.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if he's willing to play an H-back role and play on STs, he's a worthwhile pickup. The question is if he'll sign on for that. Open up a roster spot if you like your backup, which the Pats seem to.

Too late now, dude, he's already all signed up. Party's tonight!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I'll buy that. But what about when Brady's helmet pops off and he has to come out for one play in a running situation? Works then. Tebow aint going to fumble the ball, he's a lot more likely to get you a few yards.

And you'll love it when he gets HIT getting those yards.

I don't think that's ever happened.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, though, I liked how this team was looking but it's clear now BB has gone senile and needs replaced.

:laugh3:

Some damn funny media reaction:

Chris Burke @ChrisBurke_SI

Any other third-string quarterbacks sign today?

Bruce Feldman ✔ @BFeldmanCBS

Tim Tebow goin to New England.. if any team/league has been holding back bad news now would be an ideal time to release it.

Dan Graziano ✔ @espn_nfceast

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Reactions to the Tim Tebow news vary from dismay to hilarity - CBSSports.com

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's ever happened.

Then all is well. It is the only way I could see Tebow getting under center with NE having 2 healthy QBs ready to play.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OVERReactions to the Tim Tebow news vary from dismay to hilarity - CBSSports.com

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then all is well. It is the only way I could see Tebow getting under center with NE having 2 healthy QBs ready to play.

I don't want him on the roster. Teammates (anonymously) hated him in Denver and in NY. Even if the downside risk is minimal, I see no upside at all.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want him on the roster. Teammates (anonymously) hated him in Denver and in NY. Even if the downside risk is minimal, I see no upside at all.

Then you have a problem. Because it is a done deal.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence me being pissed. There's still the off chance he doesn't make it through camp, though.

Here's to hoping.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rollseyes:

People are so dumb. Forget who holds the most passing yards ever in a BCS bowl game or the only Heisman winner to ever win an NFL playoff game, just ask Hernandez if this is a solid addition. With the best tutoring from Brady, the Pats just insured their future.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mallett>Tebow x 1,000,000

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Too late now, dude, he's already all signed up. Party's tonight!

I'm saying worthwhile for the Pats. Or I guess another team. I certainly don't see this as a terrible move. It just may be a pretty minor one.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying worthwhile for the Pats. Or I guess another team. I certainly don't see this as a terrible move. It just may be a pretty minor one.

Yeah, the media is blowing it way out of proportion. Why they want to follow Tebow around is beyond me.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

People are so dumb. Forget who holds the most passing yards ever in a BCS bowl game or the only Heisman winner to ever win an NFL playoff game, just ask Hernandez if this is a solid addition. With the best tutoring from Brady, the Pats just insured their future.

Can't agree with that at all. Tebow hasn't shown he's anywhere close to being an NFL passer. If that's the goal, he's got a LOOOOONG way to go.

Not really sure how relevant yards passing in a BCS game or the profound failure of other Heisman-winning QBs is to Tebow's future.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go back to the PF where you make some sense, Juice. :rollseyes:

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OVERReactions to the Tim Tebow news vary from dismay to hilarity - CBSSports.com

If Pete Prisco hates it I know it's a good move ha ha. That guy is a moron

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pete Prisco hates it I know it's a good move ha ha. That guy is a moron

Even idiots occasionally blindly get lucky.