• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots the Favorites to Win Super Bowl LI

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots given best odds to win Super Bowl LI
By Phil Perry

It's early. Lord, is it early. But when it comes to what is annually the biggest event in American sports, it's never too early to try to pick a winner. The odds for Super Bowl LI are out, and the order in which some of these teams stack up may surprise you.https://sports.bovada.lv/football

The reigning champs, the Broncos (+1400), couldn't crack the Top 5, but that's no shock given that they lost their two best quarterbacks, one of their best defensive linemen and one of their best linebackers from their championship run. One of those quarterbacks, Brock Osweiler, and his new team in Houston (+2000) actually cracked the Top 10 after finishing one game over .500 in 2015.

Vegas has little-to-no faith in Marcus Mariota's Titans (+10000), nor does it believe in the Browns (+15000) and their new front office -- and after the offseason Cleveland has had, can you blame the oddsmakers?

The following teams are the best of the best bets when it comes to the Super Bowl, a group determined about 11 months before the game is played.

Carolina Panthers (+1000)
Ron Rivera's club came up short in Super Bowl 50, but the core of his team returns for another shot, including quarterback Cam Newton, tight end Greg Olsen, linebacker Luke Kuechly and corner Josh Norman, who was given the franchise tag earlier this offseason, guaranteeing him $13.95 million for 2016.

Green Bay Packers (+1000)
With Aaron Rodgers taking snaps behind center, it seems as though the Packers will always be among the favorites for the Super Bowl. Vegas also may be counting on the healthy return of receiver Jordy Nelson, who missed most of last season. Green Bay could use an offensive boost after struggling to find consistent production from that position in 2015.

Seattle Seahawks (+1000)
The retirement of bruising running back Marshawn Lynch has not kept Vegas from installing Seattle as one of the odds-on favorites to win it all. Lynch's presumed replacement, second-year running back Thomas Rawls, ran for 830 yards on 147 attempts -- good for a 5.6 yards per carry average -- as a rookie.

Pittsburgh Steelers (+1000)
The Steelers have one of the most explosive offenses in the league, and they may have upgraded at the tight end position by swapping out retired Heath Miller for free-agent acquisition Ladarius Green. Will Ben Roethlisberger and his teammates remain one of the favorites to hoist the Lombardi Trophy though if Martavis Bryant is suspended for the season?

New England Patriots (+750)
Bill Belichick's defense took a hit for 2016 when the team traded away defensive end Chandler Jones for a second-round pick and guard Jonathan Cooper. But between the handful of additions made this offseason -- most notably that of tight end Martellus Bennett -- and the returning nucleus of a team that has made it at least as far as the AFC Championship Game five years running, it's no surprise that Vegas is expecting the Patriots to find themselves in Houston next February playing for the franchise's fifth ring.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hated to see jones go, I would have like to see him extend early, but I really like the moves that the Pats have made. Cooper can be good. Hogan can be good, Long can be good, Brown can be as well and Bennet is good.

Was there another LB addition I am missing?

All in all, some possibly great additions while losing Jones and Hicks where there was some depth.

4 former first rounder's may make Roger wish he had never taken the 2016 first round pick.

IMFRICKENSTOKEDFOR2016!!!!!!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find the reasoning behind the Broncos not being in the top-5 somewhat funny. Those 2 starting QB's combined for the 31st ranked QBR of QB's this past season. So while they were our 2 best that doesn't mean that they were all that great. Now while I will agree Malik was one of our top DL guys trying to argue Trevathan was one of our best Linebackers is a bit of a stretch. We ran a 3-4 defense and while Trevathan was good I don't think anybody would take him over Marshall, Miller, or Ware. I'm going to miss him on the team but not like some of these guys are not replaceable.

I would also add anybody taking bets right now on who will win the Super Bowl are doing a suckers bet. Too much off season left to know what teams will look like.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please pat fans...I beg of you.

Place all of your savings and mortgage payments on the Pat to win the SB

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please pat fans...I beg of you.

Place all of your savings and mortgage payments on the Pat to win the SB

Like you did on the Huskers to win the BCS ??