• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots release Albert Hayneworth

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
albert and jamarcus will be kicking it together in no time.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the other Al was around I could see him going after Haynesworth.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I read that if you claim him off waivers his salary for the rest of the year would be $750K.

Is he a good person to add to the 49ers for depth on the D-line and for a playoff run?

We don't have the deepest D-line we are basically 4 deep: Smith, Soap, McDonald and RJF, and McDonald is currently hurt.

I personally for this price, would snap him up.

Come playoff time, if he sees the field, he could be motivated in playoff games to showcase himself for another contract. Getting sacks in a playoff game is huge for a guy looking for a contract.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I read that if you claim him off waivers his salary for the rest of the year would be $750K.

Is he a good person to add to the 49ers for depth on the D-line and for a playoff run?

We don't have the deepest D-line we are basically 4 deep: Smith, Soap, McDonald and RJF, and McDonald is currently hurt.

Come playoff time, if he sees the field, he could be motivated in playoff games to showcase himself for another contract. Getting sacks in a playoff game is huge for a guy looking for a contract.

Why??? He repeatedly said that he did not want to play on a 3-4 defense. The Pats switched to 4-3 this year that's why they picked him up.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

nah, he doesnt like playing in a 3-4, has shown poor effort in the past, and has back problems. I dont see much upside. I'd much rather keep one of our younger/hungrier guys and give them a shot.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like our d-line now..Mcdonalds,smith,soap...he would be good for depth but i don't see where he would fit in our starting defense

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If the Pats don't want him - and they haven't exactly been world-beaters on D - I don't see that he would add much. We're a bit thin at DL, but I'd like to see what our young guys can do as the season progresses.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, we were carrying 7 DL-men until Tukuafu went down. Now we have 6.
We have 4 capable starters. But Dobbs and Williams are undrafted rookies and if someone went down then we really have no depth.

I wouldn't be looking at getting a starter out of this, maybe just put him in for 10 snaps a game and have him "ready to go". He'd be the 5th guy off the bench (4th while McDonald is injured). If his back is injured he'd get some rest as well. We have to load up for a playoff run. For $750K you cannot go wrong. If the guy has an attitude cut him.

It's super low risk, medium reward.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pa$$. Not worth it, Thi$ i$ 2011 fat, injured and unin$pired Fat Albert; not 2008 contract-year, only-playing-for-$igning-bonu$, but $till mo$tly Fat Albert.

I love that hi$ name i$ Albert, and that he'$ fat. It make$ me very happy. But there'$ no way hi$ fat a$$ i$ anything other than a di$traction for $750,000.

$eriou$ly, thi$ guy ha$n't been relevant in three $ea$on$.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pa$$. Not worth it, Thi$ i$ 2011 fat, injured and unin$pired Fat Albert; not 2008 contract-year, only-playing-for-$igning-bonu$, but $till mo$tly Fat Albert.

I love that hi$ name i$ Albert, and that he'$ fat. It make$ me very happy. But there'$ no way hi$ fat a$$ i$ anything other than a di$traction for $750,000.

:laugh:

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I think that $750K is a week to week contract now that's he's been on waivers.
So if he doesn't pan out in a month, cut him and you are out $375K.

No risk.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that $750K is a week to week contract now that's he's been on waivers.
So if he doesn't pan out in a month, cut him and you are out $375K.

No risk.

If you give him two more zeros on that contract, he wouldn't pan out. Ask the Redskins.

The risk is nothing since it isn't your money. I think Jed might feel a bit differently about DONATING a million dollars to a fat slob who doesn't care about playing football anymore.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd rather bring in owens if i was gonna sign any free agent. haynesworthless lacks heart. at least owens has the drive to win and compete

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i'd rather bring in owens if i was gonna sign any free agent. haynesworthless lacks heart. at least owens has the drive to win and compete

With Braylon and Crabtree finally healthy, and the fact that we always have at least two TEs on the field (Vernon, Denalie), and Ginn and Williams we don't need T.O.

But McDonald is still hurt, and we have no d-line veteran depth.

So I say bring in Haynesworth.

If Braylon or Crabtree get hurt again, then I say bring in T.O. as well.