• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots or Ravens Front Seven - Who's Better?

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has NE gotten closer?

I am neutral on NE and their defense this year. I am not sure if the dog is wagging the tail or vice versa. Which is to say bc i think they will have major secondary issues atleast in the front part of their schedule this year I expect the front 7 to suffer as well. A result of having to do too much. Much like the Ravens last year our front 7 was ridiculous but when getting to a QB isnt enough and their are wide open wrs and TE's all over the field bc of poor secondary play the DC must adjust. This adjustment caught our front 7 out of position in cases and cost us games.

I think this adjustment and how extreme it has to be will impact the front 7 performance. We shall see.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am neutral on NE and their defense this year. I am not sure if the dog is wagging the tail or vice versa. Which is to say bc i think they will have major secondary issues atleast in the front part of their schedule this year I expect the front 7 to suffer as well. A result of having to do too much. Much like the Ravens last year our front 7 was ridiculous but when getting to a QB isnt enough and their are wide open wrs and TE's all over the field bc of poor secondary play the DC must adjust. This adjustment caught our front 7 out of position in cases and cost us games.

I think this adjustment and how extreme it has to be will impact the front 7 performance. We shall see.
Fair assessment. I of course, think that the secondary is better than people realize - and I think the game plan with the better pass rush will work, will yield dividends.....

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair assessment. I of course, think that the secondary is better than people realize - and I think the game plan with the better pass rush will work, will yield dividends.....

I don't know if ours is better than anybody this year at this point....With injuries, poor play in the secondary and horrible coaching on the D, they are a shambles.....Time to cut the dead wood and make some changes...
The definition of a fool is to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result....:gaah:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When this string started, I don't think anyone would ever have believed that the Ravens would have lost 7 out of 10 games. The entire team has been a huge mystery and disappointment to Their fans.

It makes one wonder if the entire team is unraveling or if there's a complete disconnect between the coaching staff and the team. I refuse to believe that the Ravens talent level dropped off across the board over the course of one off season. Something just ain't right somewhere.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When this string started, I don't think anyone would ever have believed that the Ravens would have lost 7 out of 10 games. The entire team has been a huge mystery and disappointment to Their fans.

It makes one wonder if the entire team is unraveling or if there's a complete disconnect between the coaching staff and the team. I refuse to believe that the Ravens talent level dropped off across the board over the course of one off season. Something just ain't right somewhere.

The Ravens are just catching all the shit karma they deserve. From the asshole owner who was complicit in the so called "deflategate" charade to the whining, dick head coach who was also complicit in that shameful scam to the statue of a murderer at the entrance of the stadium.

Toss in a fan base that was getting it's jollies slagging on NE and their QB and I must say that seeing the Raisins sitting at 2-7 while the Patriots sit at 9-0 is pretty damn funny.

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here are my guesses as a Ravens fan:
  1. Regression to the mean for Joe Flacco: Since winning the Super Bowl, his passer rating has slightly decreased... partly because he has been throwing interceptions more frequently since 2013.

2. Many of the players who contributed to the 2012-13 season were never adequately replaced in subsequent seasons-- and the long list of injured players this year only made the problem worse. (With Forsett and Flacco now out for the season as well, 3-13 is a real possibility... which probably isn't a bad thing since this team needs to rebuild.)

3. As politically incorrect as this might sound, you have to wonder if the Freddie Gray incident could be a factor: Players might under-perform if they subconsciously don't feel safe about playing in Baltimore.

Last edited: