• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots Moves

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman may not be a better option if you actually wanted to run it, but for scout purposes when all out tackling isn't as much of the priority, he does everything better than Tebow but plow people.

Regardless, that isn't worth a roster spot. If we cut someone who actually has a chance to play in the NFL so Tebow doesn't feel bad and can run a scout offense during practice, I will be extremely upset.

But I think the boy still has some skills. Just not at QB. So I'm not so sure the spot is wasted.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no position on the team he is not a distant last on the depth chart as.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I think the boy still has some skills. Just not at QB. So I'm not so sure the spot is wasted.

where would you put him? this is an honest question.. loking a tthe depth chart.. where would you put him and whom would you get rid of??

RB?
TE?
WR?
QB?

again im not beligerent.. just wondering your opinion.. where does he fit to you?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where would you put him? this is an honest question.. loking a tthe depth chart.. where would you put him and whom would you get rid of??

RB?
TE?
WR?
QB?

again im not beligerent.. just wondering your opinion.. where does he fit to you?

Full/Blocking back. Emphasis on blocking and running up the middle. NE is down TE's which when in the game made NE a heavy team with skills to catch. I don't think his hands are good enough to be the TE, but from a full back position....one play a game could be him sneaking into the secondary.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still is a third team QB..Tebow. If a worse case emergency arrives, he is on the roster until the Pats can find someone else.

He has intangibles and for the 53rd roster spot he brings something to the table.

I honestly think the Packers brought in Vince Young for the same purpose to run read options when the Packers face teams like the 49ers and Redskins.

As for Edelman the guy has been moved all over and is a good utility guy but can't see him as a 3rd QB. In all reality I thought he would turn into a Wes Welker type a few years ago.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still is a third team QB..Tebow. If a worse case emergency arrives, he is on the roster until the Pats can find someone else.

He has intangibles and for the 53rd roster spot he brings something to the table.

I honestly think the Packers brought in Vince Young for the same purpose to run read options when the Packers face teams like the 49ers and Redskins.

As for Edelman the guy has been moved all over and is a good utility guy but can't see him as a 3rd QB. In all reality I thought he would turn into a Wes Welker type a few years ago.

But Edelman is as mobile and played QB in college and can catch the ball which is why we have only kept two QBs the last few years. Edelman whom I am not a fan of can run that read option in practice and still contribute in the passing game and kick returns.

melmaan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mallett AND Tebow to a desperate Buffalo Bills for a 2nd in 2014

Sign Rex Grossman when the Redskins cut down ..... then start the Season !

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Edelman is as mobile and played QB in college and can catch the ball which is why we have only kept two QBs the last few years. Edelman whom I am not a fan of can run that read option in practice and still contribute in the passing game and kick returns.

As I said Edelman has been a utility guy. Didn't he play some DB last year?

I would think he plays more of a role than Tebow would and making him run scout team or be a clipboard guy would diminish what he does for the Pats. As well as if the third team QB had to be used Tebow would be a better option than Edelman.

Regardless it's a good problem to have arguing over the 53rd roster spot.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

my rebuttal to that. would be when was the last time the patriots carried mroe then two qbs on ther roster.. 2001 when they had rohan davey? i think.. but thanks for the input on where you would put him.. but whom would be cut?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my rebuttal to that. would be when was the last time the patriots carried mroe then two qbs on ther roster.. 2001 when they had rohan davey? i think.. but thanks for the input on where you would put him.. but whom would be cut?

The easy answer would be Jarod Mayo as I would love to see the Lions pick him up! But unless everyone has a total mental meltdown that will not happen.

Hard to say right now because teams still will be putting guys on the PUP list and IR.

Although I could see the Pats going with 3 backs and using an extra TE as the FB. Ridley and Vareen have defined roles and are pretty complete backs so the revolving door the Pats had been famous for could be changing.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we just cut John Parker Wilson you could probably pick him up for penny's on the dollar

Now you know damn well anyone that uses all three names is bound to be an assasin, we can't really afford that right now.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
backup QB, punt protector, freak play special to drive defensive coordinators crazy, whatever. I can see him making the cut but at Fullback, Develyn has earned a shot. Tebow has not. Not even going to talk tight end. Get serious.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly can not see a spot on this team where Tebow would fit. And does anyone really think BB will keep a player who doesn't have a "real spot" over someone who has more upside at actually getting some playing time?

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full/Blocking back. Emphasis on blocking and running up the middle. NE is down TE's which when in the game made NE a heavy team with skills to catch. I don't think his hands are good enough to be the TE, but from a full back position....one play a game could be him sneaking into the secondary.

If he had been practicing that all offseason, I really could see it. But they've got Jake Ballard for a blocking TE. They've got either Michael Hoomanawanui or James Develin for a fullback. Tebow's more naturally athletic than those two but he'd be essentially starting from nothing learning the position. And he's not practice squad eligible, so there's just no place to put him while he learns. And learning things isn't his strong suit - he's not the kind of player known for picking up new concepts quickly.

At this point I don't think there's anything much they can do. There's no player they can afford to cut while he learns something else. Either his value as a running QB is high enough for practicing against the read option or he needs to be cut.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow wont make the team. BB is fine with 2 QB's and without Tebow you can keep a depth/special teamer.