• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots Made Brady a Final Offer

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was just reported on Early Edition tonight 3/13/2020

Gary Tanguay of MBCSports Boston reported this. He prefaced it by saying that he's known Dale Arnold for more than thirty years. He says that Arnold is one of the extremely few people in sports who will not repeat a rumor. He said that he would bet his life and his children's lives on Arnold reporting something 100% fact.

Dale Arnold of WEEI said that was told directly the following:

Bill Belichick and Tom Brady spoke this week and Brady came away very pissed of. He stated that the conversation did not go well.

Bill Belichick told Tom Brady that his final offer was 1 year. Less money than 2019. That is Final.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've listened to Arnold since 1973 when he was the play by play commentator for the Maine mariner AHL Hockey team in Portland, Maine. I've met him on several occasions and I have to agree with Tanguay. Dale Arnold would never report something that he didn't know to be true.

What does this mean?

I, BigKen, believe it means one of two things.

1. Bill Belichick no loner wants Tom Brady as his quarterback. He wants to move on and prove that he is the person who was responsible for the success and the six Super Bowl rings over the past 20 years.

OR

2. Belichick knows that the NFL is going to have to react to the CoronaVirus and cancels spring worlouts and OTAs. If Brady leaves the Patriots he will not have the luxury of time to become familiar with a new offense and new teammates. Leaving the Patriots and an offense and players that he knows like the back of his hand could be a total disaster and end his career on a truly horrible note.

Will Brady stay?? I haven't the foggiest with all of the sports crap that's unfolded in the past two days.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gary Tanguay and Dale Arnold are both idiots. Neither has any connections inside the Patriots building and both should be neutered.............. and shot.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gary Tanguay and Dale Arnold are both idiots. Neither has any connections inside the Patriots building and both should be neutered.............. and shot.

Arnold certainly is not an idiot.

He's never made up shit.

I'd believe him before I'd believe 90% of the "insiders".

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 1 year deal is financially disadvantageous for the Patriots. That certainly doesn’t fit with what we know about how Belichick manages this team’s finances, either.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 1 year deal is financially disadvantageous for the Patriots. That certainly doesn’t fit with what we know about how Belichick manages this team’s finances, either.

This is true. By all accounts the Patriots would need the 2nd year to mitigate the salary cap issues.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the BB manner of parting ways with any player.