• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patrick Willis unretiring

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will return to the 49ers along with Anthony Davis next season. Reports are his toes healed better than expected. I can't wait to see Bowman and Willis prowling the field again. That will really improve the roster.

I'm wondering if it was planned so the 49ers can get a real franchise qb like Lynch or Cook.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will return to the 49ers along with Anthony Davis next season. Reports are his toes healed better than expected. I can't wait to see Bowman and Willis prowling the field again. That will really improve the roster.

I'm wondering if it was planned so the 49ers can get a real franchise qb like Lynch or Cook.
Love seeing Willis on the field. As a fan, I am happy to see this.

Also, not a Goff fan?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it was they should lose every draft pick for the next two years...But no, I'm sure it was not planned...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seen nothing that said he's returning. I only see that he's thinking about it

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No PED testing on retired players.

Crazy his toes healed so quickly.....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well these are the words of Patrick Willis earlier today...

"I MADE MY DECISION BACK IN APRIL AND I HAVEN'T THOUGHT TWICE ABOUT IT; NOR PLAYING ANOTHER DOWN IN THE NFL...PERIOD...SO QUIT TRYING TO BRING LIFE; on a CHAPTER that I have already CLOSED IN MY HEART and MIND...MY FOCUS IS IN THE PERFCT PLACE RIGHT NOW AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO ME...My PURPOSE 4 Life IS SO MUCH BIGGER THAN FOOTBALL; FOR I AM GRATEFUL FOR THE TIME I WAS BLESSED TO PLAY ....IN THE GREAT WORDS OF 2-PAC #LIFEGOESON"

Not sure I am seeing anywhere that he is saying he is returning. Just some writers who have said they are hearing some rumors. We know how writers like to stir things up.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be awesome if Willis returns. He is a beast!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was they should lose every draft pick for the next two years...But no, I'm sure it was not planned...

nah...those guys like those 16 big checks...I'm sure the season projections were part of the process (decision to to retire) though.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"I MADE MY DECISION BACK IN APRIL AND I HAVEN'T THOUGHT TWICE ABOUT IT; NOR PLAYING ANOTHER DOWN IN THE NFL...PERIOD...SO QUIT TRYING TO BRING LIFE; on a CHAPTER that I have already CLOSED IN MY HEART and MIND...MY FOCUS IS IN THE PERFCT PLACE RIGHT NOW AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO ME...My PURPOSE 4 Life IS SO MUCH BIGGER THAN FOOTBALL; FOR I AM GRATEFUL FOR THE TIME I WAS BLESSED TO PLAY ....IN THE GREAT WORDS OF 2-PAC #LIFEGOESON"

Not sure I am seeing anywhere that he is saying he is returning. Just some writers who have said they are hearing some rumors. We know how writers like to stir things up.

Yeah it is so unlikely that Willis returns.

Money would be the main factor. No team is going to offer him anything more than a $2-$3M one year deal to get him out of retirement considering he will be a 31 year old MLB coming off a foot injury who hasn't played effective football in a couple of years.

And 49er fans should remember that Willis would be a UFA because the 49ers are not going to let him come back on his old contract. If he does come out of retirement, why would he sign on with the 49ers who are in the beginning stages of a rebuild?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did he forget to take caps lock off when he posted that to the internet or was he yelling that at the reporter who quoted him?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow... Willis makes the Niners D instantly better ... Dudes a baller

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No PED testing on retired players.

Crazy his toes healed so quickly.....
Actually, they supposedly can. I saw something about a young player that decided he just didn't want to play anymore, a few months later they tested him.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Does his "untiring" have anything to do with a change of QB :scratch:

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, they supposedly can. I saw something about a young player that decided he just didn't want to play anymore, a few months later they tested him.

It happened to Brandon Browner when he was released by the Broncos and was playing in the CFL. The NFL asked for a drug test but Browner skipped it since he wasn't even in the league anymore. When he signed with Seattle and failed his PED test they called it a second offense because he had missed the other drug test when he wasn't even in the league. Goofy that a league can still impose its will on players who aren't even playing in the same country anymore.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he forget to take caps lock off when he posted that to the internet or was he yelling that at the reporter who quoted him?

I would guess yelling at the reporter. I would be pretty ticked if somebody was saying things like this because then it means his phone line is just getting lit up with everybody wanting to get the scoop. This at least gets his point across that he does not want to come back.