• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patrick Willis' pace

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green was the only CB that could run with Moss when Moss was Moss...I bet Deion would have been able to cover Moss too...

shoot Pee Willie thread darn...

Green was nearly 40 when Moss was Moss.

There really isn't an argument here.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's great but I'm not sure if he is even the best ILB on his own team.

Bowman benefits a lot from playing next to Willis. If Bowman leaves in FA, I wouldn't expect Willis' play to drop off at all.

Don't get me wrong, I think Bowman is an animal.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willis doesn't have enough sacks or interceptions to be considered in the top 5 (atleast not yet, and I'm not sure I see that changing)...

I would like to see Willis' sacks per blitz attempts though. It seems like a lot of times he blitzes, he gets to the QB. Maybe not sacks all the time, but he gets there.

In terms of what he is asked to do on the team, he is hands down the best. He is asked to tackle, and in 6 years he is already only 500 tackles behind Ray Lewis for his entire career (812 to 1,336) He already has 14 forced fumbles and 5 recoveries to Lewis' 17 and 1. And he has 49 PDef to Ray's 67.

I used Ray Lewis as a comparison because he is widely regarded as the best ILB of all time. Willis is catching up to him in a third of the seasons. If you want to look at sacks and interceptions, then he is on pace

52.5 sacks/21 int. compared to Ray's 41.5/31.

People get caught up in Ray Lewis crying and screaming all the time. I guess that means he is a better leader and a more passionate player than everyone else? Maybe if Willis cried more he would be considered a better leader.

The only way Willis will not go down as the best ILB to ever play is if he doesn't win a Superbowl. Ray Lewis got the Superbowl MVP for no reason. He had 5 tackles and no other stat line so I won't even put that into the equation.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see when Bowman surpasses Willis. Willis hasn't been the tackling machine that he has been in years past since Bowman came on board to steal tackles away from him. If the Defense is off the field more then his opportunities will continue to decline. Bowman will probably get more 3rd down looks then Willis within the next couple of years.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green was nearly 40 when Moss was Moss.

There really isn't an argument here.

Non-sequitor, but what if we had Santana Moss instead of Randy Moss and Alex Smith the TE instead of Alex Smith the QB? Obviously, there are better players than those two, but what if we just switched based on the names?

What if the Ravens had Joe Montana instead of Joe Flacco? What if we had Tom Crabtree instead of Michael Crabtree? What if we still had Colin Jones instead of Colin Kaepernick? What about Vontae Davis instead of Vernon?

The second paragraph was just me making fun of myself.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs a ring maybe even 2, but he's looking likd one of the top already

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to get NFL player of the year once. I'm not going to be content with his accomplishments until I see that.

ILBs just don't get DPOY. You'd have to have "rah-rah" to even have a chance at it, like Lewis and Urlacher. Those are two are the first ILBs to win the award since what, 88?

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He can if he stays healthy, We win a coupleof Super Bowls and Patrick wins a couple of Dmvps and I would put him obove L.T. !!!!!!!!