• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patrick Willis HOF

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made it in this time. Great player short career missed when he left early.
Also when ready someone make one about McCaffery OPOY! Nice day ahead the Big Evening coming up.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well deserved. What a beast

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well deserved and honestly it's about time.

I remember a story from his rookie season, apparently the team was on a flight and the LBs coach Singletary, edged up to HC Nolan and told him "Patrick's special." From then on, Willis was making pro bowls and All Pros just about every year he played. He was a special player that left too soon due to nagging injuries. IIRC, he had a lot of foot issues toward the end.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan and Singletary saw him first hand when they coached the Senior Bowl that year, I believe. They came back and put him at the top of the defensive draft board. The rest is history! Way to go Patrick. Given his shortened career, I kinda thought he wouldn't make it in.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nolan and Singletary saw him first hand when they coached the Senior Bowl that year, I believe. They came back and put him at the top of the defensive draft board. The rest is history! Way to go Patrick. Given his shortened career, I kinda thought he wouldn't make it in.
Agree, for someone to make the HOF nowadays, its all about stats and accolades (POY, Pro Bowl, All Pro, and MVPs). Due to his relative short career, didn't think Willis would make it in. Eight years in the NFL isn't short but for entry into the HOF, it can be.

The player i think has enough stats to make it is Roger Craig. Its not overwhelming stats, but enough to get him in.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, for someone to make the HOF nowadays, its all about stats and accolades (POY, Pro Bowl, All Pro, and MVPs). Due to his relative short career, didn't think Willis would make it in. Eight years in the NFL isn't short but for entry into the HOF, it can be.

The player i think has enough stats to make it is Roger Craig. Its not overwhelming stats, but enough to get him in.
I kinda gave up hope on Craig a few years ago. Who knows, with teams cycling through backs much quicker these days, maybe he'll get another shot.