• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patrick Peterson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I really don't post on here much, Kind of a lurker and just like to read.

To the original poster it just kinda seems to me like you are still crying over spilled milk. PP was personally who I hoped the 49ers could draft and probably was for quite a few of us fans who felt strongly the 49ers needed serious secondary help.

Aldon Smith is playing really well on a better overall defense and Peterson isn't tackling on a not so good defense in Arizona and you fault him for it?

Any GM in our teams situation in the draft would probably have drafted Peterson over Smith if both were available at that pick.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying Adrian Wilson was scared to tackle Peterson.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Patrick is 220 and he had a hard time tackling All Day...

but in contrast have you seen Willis tackle All Day? All Day is basically stopped right on the spot and drops. It's quite a beautiful thing to watch search for it on youtube. :-)

I guess that's the difference between 220 and being 245? Doesn't seem like that much of a difference.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really don't post on here much, Kind of a lurker and just like to read.

To the original poster it just kinda seems to me like you are still crying over spilled milk. PP was personally who I hoped the 49ers could draft and probably was for quite a few of us fans who felt strongly the 49ers needed serious secondary help.

Aldon Smith is playing really well on a better overall defense and Peterson isn't tackling on a not so good defense in Arizona and you fault him for it?

Any GM in our teams situation in the draft would probably have drafted Peterson over Smith if both were available at that pick.

Good point, I wanted PP on our team, but hey I dont like the ememy and from what I say I didnt like it. As far as A.Wilson, I cant speak on him, I can only speak on the guy who was the last person to touch the offensive player headed into the endzone. I guess its just me, but I like defender who try to take the other teams players heads off like Ray Lewis, Ryan Clark and the way Golston hits.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but in contrast have you seen Willis tackle All Day? All Day is basically stopped right on the spot and drops. It's quite a beautiful thing to watch search for it on youtube. :-)

I guess that's the difference between 220 and being 245? Doesn't seem like that much of a difference.

That's because Willis is the best LB in the world, not because he's 245 lbs. There are plenty of 245 lbs. LBs that have trouble tackling Peterson.

Asking Peterson to tackle Peterson in the open field is like asking Willis to cover Harvin.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Agreed, Willis wouldnt have been a pro bowler each year if he was letting runnings backs score "ALL DAY". Hey Maniac I guess he was saying if your defense sucks PP has to suck also??? but Willis playde hard each game on a crapper Niner team with players and coaching staff??

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LONDON FLETCHER

That's because Willis is the best LB in the world, not because he's 245 lbs. There are plenty of 245 lbs. LBs that have trouble tackling Peterson.

Asking Peterson to tackle Peterson in the open field is like asking Willis to cover Harvin.

London Fletcher and Sam Mills were good for ther size??

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Imagine if you will getting to put on a full football uniform and holding a ball and you get to run two drills, one against Willis, one against Peterson. All you have to do is get past them to the endzone and score. I have a feeling you would notice the difference of 25 lbs of muscle (34 if he was 211 like someone said) tackling you. I think Willis would put my chest plate through my spinal cord. Or it would feel like he did

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
London Fletcher and Sam Mills were good for ther size??

That's my point. Tackling has nothing to do with size. Antoine Winfield is one of the smaller CBs in the league and he's one of the best at tackling, Cromartie is one of the biggest CBs and he's horrible at tackling. You're making the stupid assumption that just because Peterson is 220 lbs. he should be able to tackle the best RB in the league.

Do you think Patrick Willis can cover Larry Fitzgerald? They both run in the 4.5s so Willis should be able to, right?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Imagine if you will getting to put on a full football uniform and holding a ball and you get to run two drills, one against Willis, one against Peterson. All you have to do is get past them to the endzone and score. I have a feeling you would notice the difference of 25 lbs of muscle (34 if he was 211 like someone said) tackling you. I think Willis would put my chest plate through my spinal cord. Or it would feel like he did

As soon as you snap the ball to me I think I would take a knee. :-)

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agreed, Willis wouldnt have been a pro bowler each year if he was letting runnings backs score "ALL DAY". Hey Maniac I guess he was saying if your defense sucks PP has to suck also??? but Willis playde hard each game on a crapper Niner team with players and coaching staff??

I don't think PP sucks. I think any CB trying to tackle AP has to wrap up the legs and go low. PP just had bad form on that tackle, rookie mistake.

At least he didn't duck out of the way like Cromartie or Asante Samuels would.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I meant is if he was on our defense and he's trying to tackle guys up high, guys like Marshawn Lynch, Blount, and Benson would of really got some yardage against use. Im sure when the Cards play those teams and Peterson is the last defender to stop a touchdown from happening he will give up a td because he tackles to high and didnt take ther legs out.

Check out Adrian Peterson touchdowns and see what I was looking at.

Full Highlights: Vikings 34, Cardinals 10

He was there on all three TDs, im just saying.

we don't have any cb's that are considered great tacklers. a running back on a corner is a match up any offensive coordinator would want

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what the Niners needed, Aldon is doing what he was called to do. Is he our best OLB h3ll no, but he doesnt what he's suppose to do when he's in there. We have a rookie CB that is playing well also. So I would take that 2 for 1 over the next so-called Charles Woodson.

6'2 220 and he will over get bigger when his body mature and build more muscle mass. Peterson doenst have a skinny frame like DRC. He will be to big to play CB He would be perfect at safety though.

i think his body is already mature at 6-2 220. takes a lot of steroids to get that big in the first place with no body fat

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was a HUGE on AJ Green fan in this last draft. If Patrick Peterson and AJ Green were there at #7, Aldon Smith's name wouldn't have even been mentioned in any way shape or form. I can't see our FO taking Aldon in that situation. At minimum we trade out of it.

It can be argued that Peterson's ceiling may not be quite as high where Champ Bailey's was because he's got tighter hips. It can be argued that he's too big and may need to be moved to FS. To me passing on Peterson at #7 would have been the equivalent of passing on Luck at #1 because you don't think he'll be quite as good as Peyton Manning. That's how good of a prospect PP was in this draft.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still think we shoulda went amukamara and kyle rudolph in the 2nd. but peterson or green at 7 would be a shoe in. both are top 5 value future pro bowler types.

the whole argument against peterson is flawed. i'm sure they'll be looking at tackling technique this week. at the end of the day, peterson gets paid to shutdown wr's and he's looking good doing that so far.

xxERICSMITHXX

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What I meant is if he was on our defense and he's trying to tackle guys up high, guys like Marshawn Lynch, Blount, and Benson would of really got some yardage against use. Im sure when the Cards play those teams and Peterson is the last defender to stop a touchdown from happening he will give up a td because he tackles to high and didnt take ther legs out.

Check out Adrian Peterson touchdowns and see what I was looking at.

Full Highlights: Vikings 34, Cardinals 10

He was there on all three TDs, im just saying.

That video just made me think you are completely undervaluing AP's abilities. Do you really expect a corner to stop AP from scoring when the initial point of contact is the 2 yard line? Especially on that first TD where if PP doesn't go hard to the outside AP just walks it in. So when PP went hard to the outside, AP just cut it up inside for the TD. Do you really think there is a CB in the league that makes that play in that situation? The 3rd TD it just looks like AP emerged from a hole and then cut back into PP and was able to catch him off balance and hit him high and drive him back. I didn't really see any chance for him to make a tackle going for AP's legs.

Call me crazy, but it makes a lot more sense to me to evaluate a rookie CB on his cover abilities and not his ability to make nearly impossible plays on one of the most gifted RB the game has ever seen.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
According to NFL.com's stat page:
there are only 7 cornerbacks in the league who have made more tackles than PP this season.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
According to NFL.com's stat page:
there are only 7 cornerbacks in the league who have made more tackles than PP this season.

Sounds like he's doing what he can. I just hope playing for a new coaching staff by next year or the year after that they do not change the defense and he loses what he's learned. Look at Nnamdi, seems like he forgot how to play football over in Philly.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Aldon Smith missing a tackle on Mike Vick, since we are judging players on a single miss tackle (against guys who are hard to tackle) both players suck.

:hdn:

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sounds like he's doing what he can. I just hope playing for a new coaching staff by next year or the year after that they do not change the defense and he loses what he's learned. Look at Nnamdi, seems like he forgot how to play football over in Philly.

Step away from the keyboard.