• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patrick Peterson

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good thing we didnt draft this guy, is it me or does this guy just looks like he doesnt have it. I thought he was a big guy heavy hitter but in the NFL he looks smaller. He wasnt even trying to tackle Adrian Peterson at all. He was the last defender on all of AP touchdowns and he was tackling high. He doesnt go for their legs like our corners. He woudnt be starting on our defense.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'd be starting opposite Rogers.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deion Sanders wasn't much for tackling either and he is considered one of the greatest corners ever. He's a DB, not a linebacker..... I haven't seen much of Peterson but how has he looked in coverage??

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cardinals have been giving up alot of yard. I honestly dont know how he looks in coverage. But on defense like ours he would have to be a tackler. If he's a projected safety like all have said he has to work on that part of his game. He weighs alot for corner but if he wants to last he may want to work on that soon. But thats a coaching thing

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals have been giving up alot of yard. I honestly dont know how he looks in coverage. But on defense like ours he would have to be a tackler. If he's a projected safety like all have said he has to work on that part of his game. He weighs alot for corner but if he wants to last he may want to work on that soon. But thats a coaching thing

Huh?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh what????? I'm sayin if we drafted him like every wanted us to do. I know I wanted Peterson, but what I saw yesterday made me feel better that we had to get Aldon Smith instead

I'm huhing your statement in bold.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson held Harvin to 1 catch and 11 yards yesterday, IIRC. But apparently you just saw that highlight on ESPN where Adrian runs over Patrick and you came to the conclusion that Smith is a better pick.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm huhing your statement in bold.
What I meant is if he was on our defense and he's trying to tackle guys up high, guys like Marshawn Lynch, Blount, and Benson would of really got some yardage against use. Im sure when the Cards play those teams and Peterson is the last defender to stop a touchdown from happening he will give up a td because he tackles to high and didnt take ther legs out.

Check out Adrian Peterson touchdowns and see what I was looking at.

Full Highlights: Vikings 34, Cardinals 10

He was there on all three TDs, im just saying.

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're gonna fault a rookie CB for not being able to tackle one of the most physically dominant RBs the NFL has ever seen?

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Peterson held Harvin to 1 catch and 11 yards yesterday, IIRC. But apparently you just saw that highlight on ESPN where Adrian runs over Patrick and you came to the conclusion that Smith is a better pick.

For what we are doing yes he's a better pick to me. For a "future" safety he has to tackle well, im talking about his tackling not coverage. Tackles is what got our defense looking the way it looks not coverage. You stop the run by tackling. Front 7 tackles not play coverage.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're gonna fault a rookie CB for not being able to tackle one of the most physically dominant RBs the NFL has ever seen?

Peterson is 6'2 225 come on now. Doesnt matter what running back it is. Go for his legs the legal way and take him down.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what we are doing yes he's a better pick to me. For a "future" safety he has to tackle well, im talking about his tackling not coverage. Tackles is what got our defense looking the way it looks not coverage. You stop the run by tackling. Front 7 tackles not play coverage.

What are we doing that makes Aldon Smith already a better pick? And why have you already come to the conclusion that he's a S? The Cardinals traded their top CB in DRC after they drafted Peterson - so I'm pretty sure they have him set at CB for a while.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson is 6'2 225 come on now. Doesnt matter what running back it is. Go for his legs the legal way and take him down.

Actually he was 211 lbs. at the combine. That's not the point though. Even Adrian Wilson, one of the best tackling Safeties in the league, couldn't tackle AD yesterday.

How do you feel about PP shutting Harvin down?

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What are we doing that makes Aldon Smith already a better pick? And why have you already come to the conclusion that he's a S? The Cardinals traded their top CB in DRC after they drafted Peterson - so I'm pretty sure they have him set at CB for a while.

For what the Niners needed, Aldon is doing what he was called to do. Is he our best OLB h3ll no, but he doesnt what he's suppose to do when he's in there. We have a rookie CB that is playing well also. So I would take that 2 for 1 over the next so-called Charles Woodson.

6'2 220 and he will over get bigger when his body mature and build more muscle mass. Peterson doenst have a skinny frame like DRC. He will be to big to play CB He would be perfect at safety though.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what the Niners needed, Aldon is doing what he was called to do. Is he our best OLB h3ll no, but he doesnt what he's suppose to do when he's in there. We have a rookie CB that is playing well also. So I would take that 2 for 1 over the next so-called Charles Woodson.

6'2 220 and he will over get bigger when his body mature and build more muscle mass. Peterson doenst have a skinny frame like DRC. He will be to big to play CB He would be perfect at safety though.

That's fine if you think we're better off with Smith, but don't use the notion that PP couldn't tackle AD as the foundation of your argument. And just so you know, we still need a CB.

Physically speaking Peterson is the Calvin Johnson of CBs. The NFL has never seen a CB with Peterson's physical tools. Don't talk about him being too big to play CB, because he's just as fast and just as quick as a 190 lb. CB. That's what made him such a hot commodity coming into the draft.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
CB can be a really hard position to get thrown into and succeed at immediately. I'd imagine he's not getting a lot of help on that defense at this point. So I'd really wait until next year to start making any judgments because once the game starts slowing down, he'll start speeding up a lot.

In college he was more of a playmaker than a hard hitter. There's definitely questions whether or not he can succeed at CB at his size, but I'm still not thrilled ARI landed him.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's fine if you think we're better off with Smith, but don't use the notion that PP couldn't tackle AD as the foundation of your argument. And just so you know, we still need a CB.

Physically speaking Peterson is the Calvin Johnson of CBs. The NFL has never seen a CB with Peterson's physical tools. Don't talk about him being too big to play CB, because he's just as fast and just as quick as a 190 lb. CB. That's what made him such a hot commodity coming into the draft.

Coming out of college most top 10 picks are hot commodities. I guess some guys are scared to tackle. Maybe he should look at Nate Clements highlights on how to tackle running backs. He would be even better.

ps. Everyone looks good in College im sure you know that.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming out of college most top 10 picks are hot commodities. I guess some guys are scared to tackle. Maybe he should look at Nate Clements highlights on how to tackle running backs. He would be even better.

ps. Everyone looks good in College im sure you know that.

He was talked about as the best CB prospect in years, primarily because of his size/speed/quickness ratio. He was a hot commodity, even by top-10 standards.

Jesus. Just because he couldn't tackle Adrian freakin' Peterson in his 5th game in the league doesn't mean he's scared to tackle. AD made Wilson look like a little bitch, too. Does that mean Adrian Wilson is scared to tackle too?

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now I have to admit

He was talked about as the best CB prospect in years, primarily because of his size/speed/quickness ratio. He was a hot commodity, even by top-10 standards.

Jesus. Just because he couldn't tackle Adrian freakin' Peterson in his 5th game in the league doesn't mean he's scared to tackle. AD made Wilson look like a little bitch, too. Does that mean Adrian Wilson is scared to tackle too?

LMAO, glad you pointed that our. It was a busines decision by Wilson not to make that tackle he doesnt want shoulder problems.

But I will agree with you. Charles Woodson first game Andre Rison made him looks like crap and thats my fav db and he still is great. So I agree to disagree with you. But from what I hear in your debate its early