• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patrick Edwards our #2 WR?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I saw Broyles catch a couple balls in the game against the Patriots. I didn't realize he was out.

Everything I have read on Broyles is he is healthy, just not to game speed yet. Edwards may be there to stay and they work Broyles in slowly first few game and Nate becomes the 4th wheel. I have not seen enough of Edwards to feel comfortable with that.

You guys see anything special in Edwards in preseason? I only watched highlights and did not see him but in a few...
Did Willis make it to PS??

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude dropped a lot of balls. Looked confused at times. Hopefully it all comes together and our "need" is lessoned.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we put to much emphasis on the wide outs not named Calvin.

It's time Stafford made some of these guys great. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have the ability to make guys like Deon Branch and Brandon Stokley look like All-Pros.

I think a quality QB can make an average #2 look like a stud. AUstin Collie, Blair White, and Eric Decker all have skills but without Manning they struggle to make rosters as the #4 or 5 WR.

Aaron Rodgers does the same thing.....Freaking Jordy Nelson?

IMO if Stafford wants a good #2 he needs to make his #2 good, put the ball in the guys gut routinely.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a quality QB can make an average #2 look like a stud. AUstin Collie, Blair White, and Eric Decker all have skills but without Manning they struggle to make rosters as the #4 or 5 WR.

Decker outplayed Thomas before Manning got there, He was solid with Tebow throwing to him. I would not include him on that list.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decker outplayed Thomas before Manning got there, He was solid with Tebow throwing to him. I would not include him on that list.

Fair enough but I would say Thomas just needed a little more time to develop and has a much higher ceiling.

I didn't even get into the Packers and their WRs. Cobb, Jones, Driver, Jennings, Finley all made better by Aaron Rodgers. Will be interesting to see what Jennings does with Ponder as his QB.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be interesting to see if Greg still has the speed too. He's got some miles on him now.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough but I would say Thomas just needed a little more time to develop and has a much higher ceiling.

:agree: Also agree that Decker should not be on that list. He was a great at Minnesota with nothing at QB and that went the same with Tebow at QB in2011. Good route runner and hands.

Thomas had achilles tear in offseason 2011 after injury riddled rookie season. He is certainly Mannings go to guy. Actually anxious to see what happens with Welker in the mix?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't even get into the Packers and their WRs. Cobb, Jones, Driver, Jennings, Finley all made better by Aaron Rodgers. Will be interesting to see what Jennings does with Ponder as his QB.

I won't argue about Thomas having a higher ceiling, he would have gone probowl eventually no matter who the QB was. I just think Decker would be a very good number 2 anywhere.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everyones tom brady or peyton manning though, stafford at this point in his career mot even close. I see way too many drops still by detroit wide receivers anyhow looking at you nate.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everyones tom brady or peyton manning though, stafford at this point in his career mot even close. I see way too many drops still by detroit wide receivers anyhow looking at you nate

agree with GVSU -- the QBs being talked about as making good WRs, great, are the elite of the elite QBs in the NFL.

while i think stafford has the skill set to someday be included in the talks about the best QBs in the league -- he doesn't have the consistency to even be mentioned with those guys right now though.

i'm more interested this year seeing how Broyles does in an expanded role. Seems like he would be a good fit in the slot for the Lions and could do some damage against man coverage. We shall see though.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we're as lacking for receiving options as the preseason made it seem.'

Everyone knows Megatron was out pretty much the whole preseason. Playing without your #1 WR makes things much harder for obvious reasons.

Beyond Megatron we have a good slot guy in Broyles, an excellent receiving back in Bush and a great stable of TEs.

The only thing we're really missing is a quality #2. If Edwards can just be a quality deep threat that's an element we were missing last year...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beyond Megatron we have a good slot guy in Broyles, an excellent receiving back in Bush and a great stable of TEs.

The only thing we're really missing is a quality #2. If Edwards can just be a quality deep threat that's an element we were missing last year...

I didn't watch any preseason -- did Broyles play? And if he did, how did he do? Curious how he will look after coming back from major knee surgeries the last two years. If he can give Stafford a quality option out of the slot -- I think Detroit will be alright.

We will have to agree to disagree on the Lions TE's. Great just isn't a word I would use to describe the Lions TE's. I actually think we will see a lot less production from the TE position on the Lions with the addition of Bush. Pettigrew has basically been an extension of the running game and I think Bush will steal a bit of the dump passes Pettigrew is known for.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have to agree to disagree on the Lions TE's. Great just isn't a word I would use to describe the Lions TE's. I actually think we will see a lot less production from the TE position on the Lions with the addition of Bush. Pettigrew has basically been an extension of the running game and I think Bush will steal a bit of the dump passes Pettigrew is known for.

I agree 100% with first statement. TE is is above average for us. I will change my perception of that if Fauria becomes a threat.
WHere I do disagree 50%, yes Bush will steal dumpoffs from Butterfingers. Although Bush will open the field up for TE's, as it should for CJ. Teams will have to decide where to put safety or LB help. Scary part for me this year is IMO TE will be the difference maker. Bush and CJ grabbing attention the TE's have to execute. We truly have 3 pass catchers at TE now.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watch a ton B12-2 games. Broyles was great in college. Until he can stay healthy on the field, he falls in the Delmas category of difference maker when playing. We have not seen enough of him yet IMO to be called a good slot guy...

GREAT??? stable. Mediocre at best. Hopefully Pettigrew has the contract year numbers most have. Scheff is serviceable , but no stud and Fauria has proved nothing yet.