• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patrick Edwards our #2 WR?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a quote from freep.com:

No. 2 receiver: The Lions are still looking for receiving help, but in the likely event they can’t land a game-changer, Patrick Edwards will see plenty of playing time outside opposite Calvin Johnson this year. Edwards has deep speed, though his seven catches for 49 yards this preseason hardly turned heads. He had a couple drops and has to get off the line better, but should have opportunities with Johnson on the field. Nate Burleson is best in the slot, and Ryan Broyles is another slot receiver who’s been slowed by his return from knee surgery.

Now, maybe my comprehension skills are lacking but this sounds like Edwards is more likely to be the #2 guy and Broyles is our #4. I know the offense will have multiple packages, but from everything I've gathered, I'm assuming Edwards has won the starting job opposite Calvin. What do we think about this and more so, how do some of you feel about Broyles?

Side note: There were rumors that the Lions were trying to trade for another receiver. Could they have been shopping Leshoure? I would be.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok with Nate in the slot. Better him there than on the outside.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, 7 yards per catch is almost double Pettigrews average so this guy is a superstar on this team.

Actually, Burleson is number 4. Just have to cross our fingers and hope the coaches are right about Edwards. Personally I think Durham is better or will be soon. At least he gets seperation. He runs the wrong routes, but at least he is open. More than I can say for both Burleson and Edwards. Not sure what they are thinking at this point.

I wonder how many routes Burleson will round off and have a pass that should have been completed end up as an INT?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty surprised because I thought with his size he profiled as a slot guy, but apparently they like him on the outside.

Not a lot of 5'9" outside WRs in the NFL, but Steve Smith is the one that comes to mind for me... let's hope Edwards trends in that direction as an undersized wideout.

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Tavon Austin doing? Hope we do not regret passing on him.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you can call it "passing" on him at #5. Seems like it would have been a reach to take him that early...

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only reason why they kept Durham is because he's a red-zone threat. I'm not sure if Nate is #4. I don't think Durham is better than Edwards either.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony of Nate giving a shout out to Edwards during OTA's and again in camp, to have Edwards replace him on the depth chart...I would love if Edwards stepped and was a true #2. Continue the youth movement in Detroit.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony of Nate giving a shout out to Edwards during OTA's and again in camp, to have Edwards replace him on the depth chart...I would love if Edwards stepped and was a true #2. Continue the youth movement in Detroit.

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only reason why they kept Durham is because he's a red-zone threat. I'm not sure if Nate is #4. I don't think Durham is better than Edwards either.

:agree::10:

CJ, Pettigrew, Fauria, Durham in redzone create mismatches all day. Exicution will be the key!!

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions have serious problems at wide receiver, if bush gets injured they may as well wait until next year.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edwards on the outside does not bode well for Nate. Edwards has the speed to be an outside guy but size usually puts him at the slot.

If Edwards is outside Broyles will get most of the time in the slot and Nate could be regulated to 4th receiver role.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the Lions have at WR is too many question marks. I think if Edwards can come out early and catch a deep bomb or two, he gets immediate attention from defenses. Him and Reggie are the main two guys I'm really going to be focused on, on Sunday.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a quote from freep.com:

No. 2 receiver: The Lions are still looking for receiving help, but in the likely event they can’t land a game-changer, Patrick Edwards will see plenty of playing time outside opposite Calvin Johnson this year. Edwards has deep speed, though his seven catches for 49 yards this preseason hardly turned heads. He had a couple drops and has to get off the line better, but should have opportunities with Johnson on the field. Nate Burleson is best in the slot, and Ryan Broyles is another slot receiver who’s been slowed by his return from knee surgery.

I can't tell but this sounds like an opinion piece. Stone Hands Edwards will be lucky to see the field imo.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right Swarm, but personally, I'm ready to see someone else besides Nate. I think Broyles is still hurt and Durham isn't half as good as he should be. Who else could they go to?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right Swarm, but personally, I'm ready to see someone else besides Nate. I think Broyles is still hurt and Durham isn't half as good as he should be. Who else could they go to?

I'm with you there. I am of the opinion that if Titus Young doesn't go bananas, Burelson is sitting in FA right now begging for the Raiders or Jags to sign him. I don't know who steps up. Maybe Durham. Good or bad, Stafford seems to like to throw to him a lot.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought I saw Broyles catch a couple balls in the game against the Patriots. I didn't realize he was out.