• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pat McAfee was nearly our place kicker in 2019... no, really

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First portion of the story where he's refusing to say the team's name that he was working out with is at 4:29. Saying that he worked out with said team for a couple of MONTHS before an old knee injury blew up on him during a plane ride home. Where he says that he had been feeling very good about how things were coming along between himself and "this team".

He then reveals it to have been the Bears at 7:15. He goes into a lot of detail about how the Bears hired a kicking consultant, who used to be his individual coach. This guy threw McAfee's name into the mix as an option. Chuck Pagano vouched for his ability to place kick as well.

So, uh... that's interesting. We really broke out all of the stops, huh?

For those who don't know about Pat McAfee. He was an all-pro punter with the Colts from 2009-2016. Before he abruptly retired at age 29 (despite making the pro bowl again). He's now this mega podcast personality who talks football among other things. He'll be an analyst on Thursday Night Football this season. I only listen to a clip here or there from his show. I just think it's nuts we were about to pull a punter out of retirement to kick for us.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Nuts) would be not trying. This team is to good to not fix K at all costs.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m going to go out in a limb and say Elliott fry and eddy pineiro are both going to be nfl kickers with rather long nfl careers. I love how the bears have handled this situation.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaa ...............

.... . .. . ...bearce

Sorry, that wasnt kind of me

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaa ...............

.... . .. . ...bearce

Sorry, that wasnt kind of me

tenor.gif

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll do it for nuthin'.

I could miss the fuck out of a playoff game-winning 43 yarder.
Local radio had a daily question the other day, what's the second most important position?

Every Bears fan said kicker.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local radio had a daily question the other day, what's the second most important position?

Every Bears fan said kicker.
Fuck kickers.

The Eagles o-line pushed around the Bears D and Nagy played it a little too close to the vest. They were in position to win, but a great team wouldn't have even allowed it to get to that.

They will learn from it, hopefully. I think they have the pieces in place to be a good-to-great team here for the next few years, at least.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck kickers.

The Eagles o-line pushed around the Bears D and Nagy played it a little too close to the vest. They were in position to win, but a great team wouldn't have even allowed it to get to that.

They will learn from it, hopefully. I think they have the pieces in place to be a good-to-great team here for the next few years, at least.
Me too.

And I fuckin hate it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck kickers.

Yeah, I'm equally as pissed that the D broke down on that final drive and that the offense stalled on a couple promising drives which could have made a world of difference.

You know what I go back to sometimes? First drive of the 2nd half. We're up 6-3 and at mid-field. Howard breaks free and has NO ONE in front of him or around him. A Philly defender dives off his blocker and gets a hold of his ankle.

Literally, just an ass hair away from being a 13-3 game with a world of momentum, at home and the best D in football holding it down from there. I think that would have been all she wrote.

God damn... why did Jackson have to take the ball out of the end zone vs Green Bay? We needed him on that final drive so badly.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m going to go out in a limb and say Elliott fry and eddy pineiro are both going to be nfl kickers with rather long nfl careers. I love how the bears have handled this situation.

Yeah, I didn't mean we did anything "wrong". Just a bit "out there".

I love the way we just went all hands on-deck to fix this issue.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles game plan was to stop Mack on defense and to stop Cohen on offense.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're a good team now so I'm going to try and not stress out a single playoff loss that I'm hoping is a blip on the radar of the good things to come. It's hard not to because we really have had way too few opportunities in the playoffs compared to many franchises. Our lack of playoff appearances exaggerates every solo failure. But I'm ready to start carrying that cocky fan attitude for once. Shit happened in 2018/2019. Bring on 2019/2020.