• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pat Haden on Miami sanctions

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In miamis case I think they dug up more dirt on themselves than the ncaa and knew punishment was gonna be warranted. Everybody knows bad shit went down, it was just a question of how much of what a convicted liar said was true. Had miami not self imposed and the ncaa didnt botch the investigation, the U was lookin at 4 yr ps ban (got 2), 4 years prob (wound up with 6, lol), ~40 schollies(got ~19) and other shit along with no penalty transfers for players. The canes may have recovered by the 30s. At least usc was stacked when they got hammered. Recover much faster. Imo.

Whay really surprises me, is the wording of the scholly part: 9 schollies going forward. Not really locking down a total #. If I understand the system correctly, they are currently 11 under the limit, so they can pretty much recruit as if nothing was going on for the next 3 years or load the fuck up this coming class. 19 seniors leaving + 11 open spots = 30 available scholliesminus 3 = 27 assuming 0 attrition. Miami goin for 28 this season.

Dang!! Good that things worked out like they did. That would have just about made what happened to us look like what Oregon got.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much. I believe Miami will be limited to 22 scholarships a year and a hard cap of 82 total scholarships. So Miami should be able to take 22 towards this year and get 3 EEs (or more) and still stay under the 82 without much of an issue. I'd really be surprised if the scholarships effect Miami at all.

Wouldnt the cap ne 25? Either way, the canes fully intend to sign 28, so...:noidea:

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldnt the cap ne 25? Either way, the canes fully intend to sign 28, so...:noidea:

:noidea: I think the "cap" would be 22, but you can still sign 3 more EEs or grey shirts no problem. To get to 28 I think you'll need six EEs or grey shirts.

If you look at last year no team can sign over 25 players for a single class - however aTm signed 31 players last year and Georgia signed 33. If Georgia can sign 33 players on a 25 player cap I'm fairly certain that Miami can find a way to sign 28 on a 22 player cap. And as TF12 pointed out with USC's cap of 15 I'm fairly certain we'll be able to sign somewhere between 19 and 21 players next year.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, with Alabama's stuff I mostly just didn't care for the punishments themselves, what others got didn't make me feel any better or worse.

I to this day get extremely annoyed when the people actually responsible for the actions have nothing happen to them, while everyone who wasn't involved suffers as a result.

USC is the same thing I thought. No doubt they didn't do the right things, but Bush gets basically no punishment(losing the Heisman was just PR bullshit from teh Heisman committee or whatever and not NCAA punishment), meanwhile the school, future players and fans are left screwed.

It's a horrible system.

Well in our case they all got exactly what they wanted. Walsh at Stanford and a few other HC's around the conference were tired of losing to the UW Juggernaut and voted to take them down. I don't recall ever seeing a conference punish a team more than the NCAA. In our case not only did kids suffer who never did anything wrong, but the whole thing lead to our HC resigning. Not because he did anything wrong, but he was a man of principle and felt his program and kids were getting railroaded by both the conference and being sold out by his own university president and AD.

I mean should an entire program be brought down because 1 kid got a car from a booster that wasn't close to the program? The dude who gave billy joe the car was in Idaho ffs. The LOIC was because they said James should have known there was a kid getting paid to do a job he wasn't actually showing up to do?

Same thing with USC. If you can't beat them, bitch and moan over any little thing until the program is dismantled. Did what Bush was accused of really warrant that level of punishment compared to what Miami did? Of course not, but USC had a lot more heat from other schools adding to the pressure to do something. Miami is mostly irrelevant anymore and gets a lot less comparatively. Pretty easy to see how the system works.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same thing with USC...except they didn't care if USC knew...they took the word of the former convict...paul dee was hit with hard sanctions during his time as AD...he wanted to take it to someone else...glad hes gone

That fat fuck is getting bent over by Jeffrey Dommer in hell as we speak