• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pat Haden on Miami sanctions

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA Times

And it just so happens Paul dee was the head of infraction committee. Determined to "submarine" usc. His words and that's documented in records with ncaa. So during the time he's handing usc bowl bans and whatever else his own program is committing much more serious violations. Worse part is he probably knew. Not so sure this isn't an old buddy throwing Paul dee a life preserver. Or in his memory at least. I understand he died in 2012

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I am at the point where I no longer care what other programs receive in comparison to USC. I simply smile and shake my head at how the NCAA continues to make a fool of itself.

I don't know if Pat Haden will take another trip out to Indianapolis to try and get the final year of sanctions reduced or not. If what I heard re: his last trip is true, I doubt he'll waste the airfare!!

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I just wish some of these committees and things had to stand up and have a press conference and answer questions from reporters, 60 minutes or whatever. U Want to have all these slaps on wrist then fine but makes no sense to uphold usc's sanctions.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you know how UW fans felt in the 90's. To have the Pac10, not the NCAA, throw the book at our program harder than anything in precedence was maddening and seeing all the wrist slaps that came after for much much worse things was a total joke.

Every now and then it seems those bodies need to make an extra example out of someone (SMU anyone?) and after that they go easy on everyone for a while.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I just wish some of these committees and things had to stand up and have a press conference and answer questions from reporters, 60 minutes or whatever. U Want to have all these slaps on wrist then fine but makes no sense to uphold usc's sanctions.

:agree: I wouldn't go holding your breath waiting on it though.

The biggest problem with the NCAA, imo, is it's own lack of oversight and accountability.

The NCAA is a prime example of what happens when the entity responsible for holding others accountable, has no accountability itself.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still shocked with the penalties given to USC.

Usually the NCAA doesn't like to take down money makers, and USC was a money maker.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you know how UW fans felt in the 90's. To have the Pac10, not the NCAA, throw the book at our program harder than anything in precedence was maddening and seeing all the wrist slaps that came after for much much worse things was a total joke.

Every now and then it seems those bodies need to make an extra example out of someone (SMU anyone?) and after that they go easy on everyone for a while.

Well, with Alabama's stuff I mostly just didn't care for the punishments themselves, what others got didn't make me feel any better or worse.

I to this day get extremely annoyed when the people actually responsible for the actions have nothing happen to them, while everyone who wasn't involved suffers as a result.

USC is the same thing I thought. No doubt they didn't do the right things, but Bush gets basically no punishment(losing the Heisman was just PR bullshit from teh Heisman committee or whatever and not NCAA punishment), meanwhile the school, future players and fans are left screwed.

It's a horrible system.

badinflu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I am at the point where I no longer care what other programs receive in comparison to USC. I simply smile and shake my head at how the NCAA continues to make a fool of itself.

I don't know if Pat Haden will take another trip out to Indianapolis to try and get the final year of sanctions reduced or not. If what I heard re: his last trip is true, I doubt he'll waste the airfare!!

I agree. I no longer care or attempt to compare USC's penalties to other programs. It's like pissing in the with. Nothing good can come from it

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his own program is committing much more serious violations. Worse part is he probably knew.

Ill need to see proof of all that. Thanx

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: I wouldn't go holding your breath waiting on it though.

The biggest problem with the NCAA, imo, is it's own lack of oversight and accountability.

The NCAA is a prime example of what happens when the entity responsible for holding others accountable, has no accountability itself.
-
The biggest problem with the NCAA is the they are afraid. Schools are threatening to leave, so they are more compliant. NCAA is a function of the teams under its umbrella. Those teams are cut it off their judiciary units nuts. NCAA definitely has issues, but to pretend that the schools have no part in this embarrassment is wrong.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his own program is committing much more serious violations. Worse part is he probably knew.

Ill need to see proof of all that. Thanx

from what I have read there was already proof. It was all reported even on all these espn reports. you can dispute some things in this case sure....but doubting any of it happened is just foolish. I just think its funny him off all people handed usc its sanctions and gets bailed out in his memory. its been mentioned usc was 1 player who did something 300 miles away that school didn't know about...Miami case involves a lot more than 1 player while coaches knew and did nothing....

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's worse, giving away shit you won for free tattoos or diddling whores?

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
from what I have read there was already proof. It was all reported even on all these espn reports. you can dispute some things in this case sure....but doubting any of it happened is just foolish. I just think its funny him off all people handed usc its sanctions and gets bailed out in his memory. its been mentioned usc was 1 player who did something 300 miles away that school didn't know about...Miami case involves a lot more than 1 player while coaches knew and did nothing....

We were punished, mostly by ourselves, appropriately for the infrations that were commited.

People keep thinking we only got 3 schollies over 3 years. Not even the tip of the iceburg.

badinflu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were punished, mostly by ourselves, appropriately for the infrations that were commited.

People keep thinking we only got 3 schollies over 3 years. Not even the tip of the iceburg.

What penalties did they get?

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What penalties did they get?

Per miami herald

SANCTIONS NCAA sanctions given to the Miami Hurricanes and former coaches.

IMPOSED BY NCAA

1. Miami will lose a total of nine football scholarships over the next three seasons. Miami also will lose a total of three basketball scholarships over the next three seasons (one per year).

2. Miami has been placed on three years' probation: from Oct.22, 2013 through Oct.21, 2016. Miami was found guilty of "lack of institutional control."

3. Miami may only provide a prospect on unofficial visits complimentary tickets for one home game during the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons.

SELF-IMPOSED BY UM

1. Two-year bowl ban following the 2011 and 2012 seasons, including the 2012 ACC Championship game.

2. Reduction of official paid visits for 2012-13 by 20 percent to a total of 36 visits.

3. Reduction of fall evaluations in 2012-13 by six (from 42 to 36).

4. Reduction of available contact days during the 2012-13 contact period by 20 percent.

5. For all sports, any staff member who sends an impermissible text to a prospect will be fined a minimum of $100 per message, and coaches will be suspended from all recruiting activities for seven days.

6. Further penalties resulting from impermissible texts and phone calls are detailed in the public report.

PENALTIES FOR COACHES

1. Missouri coach and former UM basketball coach Frank Haith will receive a five-game suspension.

2. Former UM receivers coach Aubrey Hill, former UM defensive line coach Clint Hurtt and former UM assistant basketball coach Jorge Fernandez received two-year show cause penalties. (Hurtt is on Louisville's staff (pending a decision by the school), but the penalty will make it difficult for Hill and Fernandez to land jobs in the next two years.)

3. Former assistant basketball coach Jake Morton did not get a show cause penalty. Of the five former UM coaches who received notices of allegation, he was the only one not to get a show-cause or suspension

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per miami herald

SANCTIONS NCAA sanctions given to the Miami Hurricanes and former coaches.

IMPOSED BY NCAA

1. Miami will lose a total of nine football scholarships over the next three seasons. Miami also will lose a total of three basketball scholarships over the next three seasons (one per year).

2. Miami has been placed on three years' probation: from Oct.22, 2013 through Oct.21, 2016. Miami was found guilty of "lack of institutional control."

3. Miami may only provide a prospect on unofficial visits complimentary tickets for one home game during the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons.

SELF-IMPOSED BY UM

I

1. Two-year bowl ban following the 2011 and 2012 seasons, including the 2012 ACC Championship game.

2. Reduction of official paid visits for 2012-13 by 20 percent to a total of 36 visits.

3. Reduction of fall evaluations in 2012-13 by six (from 42 to 36).

4. Reduction of available contact days during the 2012-13 contact period by 20 percent.

5. For all sports, any staff member who sends an impermissible text to a prospect will be fined a minimum of $100 per message, and coaches will be suspended from all recruiting activities for seven days.

6. Further penalties resulting from impermissible texts and phone calls are detailed in the public report.

PENALTIES FOR COACHES

1. Missouri coach and former UM basketball coach Frank Haith will receive a five-game suspension.

2. Former UM receivers coach Aubrey Hill, former UM defensive line coach Clint Hurtt and former UM assistant basketball coach Jorge Fernandez received two-year show cause penalties. (Hurtt is on Louisville's staff (pending a decision by the school), but the penalty will make it difficult for Hill and Fernandez to land jobs in the next two years.)

3. Former assistant basketball coach Jake Morton did not get a show cause penalty. Of the five former UM coaches who received notices of allegation, he was the only one not to get a show-cause or suspension

im just not seeing the punishment...ok with the bowl ban...all the other seems like minor things...had you said they self imposed 10 scholarships losses for 2 years then maybe that's something...and really there isn't any loss of wins?? just wow...I mean im sure your just happy for it as a Miami fan...but if they threw book at your school and someone else gets what Miami got you wouldn't be so biased.....

if I get a dui...and I just self punish myself by not driving till my courtdate should I expect judge to give me a fine and call it a day...no suspension of license or anything?

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
im just not seeing the punishment...ok with the bowl ban...all the other seems like minor things...had you said they self imposed 10 scholarships losses for 2 years then maybe that's something...and really there isn't any loss of wins?? just wow...I mean im sure your just happy for it as a Miami fan...but if they threw book at your school and someone else gets what Miami got you wouldn't be so biased.....

if I get a dui...and I just self punish myself by not driving till my courtdate should I expect judge to give me a fine and call it a day...no suspension of license or anything?

You may believe the BS spouted by the conman but there was no proof of most of it.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may believe the BS spouted by the command but there was no proof of most of it.

there was no proof with USC either yet they got all that they got...72 players? really?

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe its just a florida thing...its right up there with Zimmerman and casey Anthony SMH

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Miami at 74 schollies. They self imposed over those 2 years, but the exact number was never made public for whater reason.