• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pat Haden on Miami sanctions

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
usc lost more players to injury vs notre dame than Miami lost to sanction.....

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for us then!

good to be happy but you cant deny your team got bailed out...its all over espn...read the stories...its not just usc fans making it up. 72 players and you get a lesser punishement.... that's bogus no way for you to spin it any other way

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good to be happy but you cant deny your team got bailed out...its all over espn...read the stories...its not just usc fans making it up. 72 players and you get a lesser punishement.... that's bogus no way for you to spin it any other way

Guess Im supposed to feel bad now??? :noidea:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what I have read there was already proof. It was all reported even on all these espn reports. you can dispute some things in this case sure....but doubting any of it happened is just foolish. I just think its funny him off all people handed usc its sanctions and gets bailed out in his memory. its been mentioned usc was 1 player who did something 300 miles away that school didn't know about...Miami case involves a lot more than 1 player while coaches knew and did nothing....

Additionally, about 25% the case against UM was tossed out because the NCAA tainted their own investigation.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
The biggest problem with the NCAA is the they are afraid. Schools are threatening to leave, so they are more compliant. NCAA is a function of the teams under its umbrella. Those teams are cut it off their judiciary units nuts. NCAA definitely has issues, but to pretend that the schools have no part in this embarrassment is wrong.

I agree to a point. However, the problem is/has been the arbitrary and inconsistent manner in which the NCAA has conducted it's investigations and meted out punishment.

There is literally no rhyme or reason to it. Also, when the NCAA taints it's own investigations with improper actions, the problem is with them and they should be worried and scared about school leaving.

They have screwed up every single investigation that have performed beginning with USC all the way to the Miami investigation and it's all been because of improper actions by their investigators.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, UM got off light compared to USC because the improper actions taken by the NCAA investigators came to light during the investigation. Because of this approximately 25% of the UM evidence was tossed out.

The NCAA investigators improper actions during the USC investigation didn't start coming to light until the Todd McNair defamation lawsuit.

If the situation were reversed, USC would have gotten off with little or no sanctions and Miami would have gotten hammered.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may believe the BS spouted by the conman but there was no proof of most of it.

Not necessarily true. A good chunk of the evidence was tossed out because of the misdeeds of the NCAA's investigators, not because it didn't happen.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not necessarily true. A good chunk of the evidence was tossed out because of the misdeeds of the NCAA's investigators, not because it didn't happen.

Because they couldn't prove shit so they broke the law.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, UM got off light compared to USC because the improper actions taken by the NCAA investigators came to light during the investigation. Because of this approximately 25% of the UM evidence was tossed out.

The NCAA investigators improper actions during the USC investigation didn't start coming to light until the Todd McNair defamation lawsuit.

If the situation were reversed, USC would have gotten off with little or no sanctions and Miami would have gotten hammered.

This should be common sense to most, but...:noidea:

That and, to a lesser degree, miami cooperated and self punished mo better.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they couldn't prove shit so they broke the law.

same thing with USC...except they didn't care if USC knew...they took the word of the former convict...paul dee was hit with hard sanctions during his time as AD...he wanted to take it to someone else...glad hes gone

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so why don't any of the stories on espn and multiple other sporting news websites say ncaa got it right or good job....most of it is slap on wrist, outrage compared to other schools etc...seems to me any Miami fan is saying thank god...while anyone else....just shakes their head at the bail out

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really I don't care what Miami got. I do wish Missy Conboy could be held accountable for what she did, she is one of the biggest cheats in sports. But as for what happens to other schools it just proves what a cheat Conboy is.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair to USC, USC felt that we had done nothing wrong. USC didn't know what the Bush family was up to and didn't feel that punishment was warranted.

USC wasn't hammered because of what the Bush family did, we were hammered because we dared to defend ourselves. The difference with Miami was that while all of the allegations weren't true, there were enough for Miami to get hammered.

One of my issues with the NCAA is that they put schools in a position where they are punishing themselves before they even know what they are guilty of.

What if none of Shapiro's allegations were true?

What if McNair wins his lawsuit? How does the NCAA make up for undeserved punishment that has already been served?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really I don't care what Miami got. I do wish Missy Conboy could be held accountable for what she did, she is one of the biggest cheats in sports. But as for what happens to other schools it just proves what a cheat Conboy is.

:agree: I've never wanted to see Miami get hammered. When the news came out re: how the NCAA investigators conducted themselves, I said that if the NCAA comes back to Miami with any thing other than an apology, Miami should sue the crap out of them.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated the shit out of Paul Dee and I was mad that he died because I wanted to see if he was going to say to himself, that he should've known like he said usc should've known.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to USC, USC felt that we had done nothing wrong. USC didn't know what the Bush family was up to and didn't feel that punishment was warranted.

USC wasn't hammered because of what the Bush family did, we were hammered because we dared to defend ourselves. The difference with Miami was that while all of the allegations weren't true, there were enough for Miami to get hammered.

One of my issues with the NCAA is that they put schools in a position where they are punishing themselves before they even know what they are guilty of.

What if none of Shapiro's allegations were true?

What if McNair wins his lawsuit? How does the NCAA make up for undeserved punishment that has already been served?

In miamis case I think they dug up more dirt on themselves than the ncaa and knew punishment was gonna be warranted. Everybody knows bad shit went down, it was just a question of how much of what a convicted liar said was true. Had miami not self imposed and the ncaa didnt botch the investigation, the U was lookin at 4 yr ps ban (got 2), 4 years prob (wound up with 6, lol), ~40 schollies(got ~19) and other shit along with no penalty transfers for players. The canes may have recovered by the 30s. At least usc was stacked when they got hammered. Recover much faster. Imo.

Whay really surprises me, is the wording of the scholly part: 9 schollies going forward. Not really locking down a total #. If I understand the system correctly, they are currently 11 under the limit, so they can pretty much recruit as if nothing was going on for the next 3 years or load the fuck up this coming class. 19 seniors leaving + 11 open spots = 30 available scholliesminus 3 = 27 assuming 0 attrition. Miami goin for 28 this season.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whay really surprises me, is the wording of the scholly part: 9 schollies going forward. Not really locking down a total #. If I understand the system correctly, they are currently 11 under the limit, so they can pretty much recruit as if nothing was going on for the next 3 years or load the fuck up this coming class. 19 seniors leaving + 11 open spots = 30 available scholliesminus 3 = 27 assuming 0 attrition. Miami goin for 28 this season.

Pretty much. I believe Miami will be limited to 22 scholarships a year and a hard cap of 82 total scholarships. So Miami should be able to take 22 towards this year and get 3 EEs (or more) and still stay under the 82 without much of an issue. I'd really be surprised if the scholarships effect Miami at all.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much. I believe Miami will be limited to 22 scholarships a year and a hard cap of 82 total scholarships. So Miami should be able to take 22 towards this year and get 3 EEs (or more) and still stay under the 82 without much of an issue. I'd really be surprised if the scholarships effect Miami at all.

That sounds about right. Similar to USC (only we're dealing with a much larger schollie loss). But since we didn't even use our full 15 schollies this year, we will have at least 19 next year and then we can get back to normal numbers for 2015.