• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pass rush

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anybody in the secondary that can make a play?

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish this team had any kind of luck with turnovers. They force a sack fumble, can't even recover. Drop a pick six there. Dropped interceptions last week and have done that all year long. Had interceptions called back because of penalties that weren't even near the play. I just wish this team had more luck with turnovers. It's getting old.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely see Cassell starting in 2 weeks.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt expect a win today, so I guess I just figured after the 1st quarter they would show more the rest of the way. I was wrong!

nutz6977

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not short changing them. You are short changing how good the Pats are, let alone after a bye week.

Romo and Dez add a whole different element to the game. I agree with the statement that we may not have won with them but we would have at least been competitive. Weeden is like a statue back there. He doesn't help the oline at all. There have been multiple times he could have stepped into the pocket to avoid the rush and he steps into it. He can't slide when he is in the pocket. The running game is struggling because we a facing a stacked box. We miss Murray bad in pass protection as our running backs are throwing "look out" blocks. Our recievers are in press coverage because Weeden has not shown the ability to complete passes down the field in limited opportunities. I agree with the you on the Pats after the bye week but at full strength we give them a run for their money. And as for today if Weeden hits a couple of passes downfield that would have loosened things up a little for the offense and the game could have played out much differently. Defenses don't have to play honestly because we are so one dimensional with the run game and short pass attack.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo and Dez add a whole different element to the game. I agree with the statement that we may not have won with them but we would have at least been competitive. Weeden is like a statue back there. He doesn't help the oline at all. There have been multiple times he could have stepped into the pocket to avoid the rush and he steps into it. He can't slide when he is in the pocket. The running game is struggling because we a facing a stacked box. We miss Murray bad in pass protection as our running backs are throwing "look out" blocks. Our recievers are in press coverage because Weeden has not shown the ability to complete passes down the field in limited opportunities. I agree with the you on the Pats after the bye week but at full strength we give them a run for their money. And as for today if Weeden hits a couple of passes downfield that would have loosened things up a little for the offense and the game could have played out much differently. Defenses don't have to play honestly because we are so one dimensional with the run game and short pass attack.
Great post!

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question Dez and Romo add another element to the game, but I still think we would have had problems against the Pats. But teams like ATL and NO, those games would have been much different with Romo and Dez. To be honest, I think we miss Dunbar almost as much as Dez and Romo. McFadden is nowhere near Dunbar in the open field. Dunbar was unquestionably our 2nd best RB(and maybe even best) this year and we might have gotten by with this RBBC thing if he hadn't got hurt. Not having him also hurts our KR game. Now we have no kind of outstanding playmaker in ST now.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Crackens statements were stupid, but he's the first player on this defense in a long time to back his noise up. He gave this defense a physical presence I haven't seen in a long time. If Romo and Dez were here this team would be a problem. To bad the gnats won last night

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones has been solid as a rookie

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Crackens statements were stupid, but he's the first player on this defense in a long time to back his noise up. He gave this defense a physical presence I haven't seen in a long time. If Romo and Dez were here this team would be a problem. To bad the gnats won last night
Honestly, the Cowboys haven't really had a nasty player on defense in a long time. I hate to bring up 90s Cowboys comparisons like so many Cowboy beat writers do, but Hardy can be a lot like Charles Haley. Yeah, we probably not winning one SB let alone three, but I mean Hardy can bring the nastiness that Haley brought to the defense. Ware was an animal, but he was not nasty and didn't play with an attitude to hurt the QB. Hardy is the type of player that wants to hurt the QB. He was double teamed for the majority of the 2nd half yesterday and was sometimes triple teamed. Add Gregory to the mix and with better luck with health, this pass rush might become really scary. 5 sacks in one half was the most of Brady's career. But the upside of our defense is being overshadowed by a three-game losing streak and being without Romo and Dez for the foreseeable future.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wonder how long we can keep him.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ran into a Pats fan today that said "If Dez and Romo played the Cowboys would probably have won".
It would have been a much better game for sure. With Brady getting bounced around in the first half and getting pissed off - that is always part of the recipe of beating the Pats. It is always a good sign when he starts yelling at his linemen.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the Cowboys haven't really had a nasty player on defense in a long time. I hate to bring up 90s Cowboys comparisons like so many Cowboy beat writers do, but Hardy can be a lot like Charles Haley. Yeah, we probably not winning one SB let alone three, but I mean Hardy can bring the nastiness that Haley brought to the defense. Ware was an animal, but he was not nasty and didn't play with an attitude to hurt the QB. Hardy is the type of player that wants to hurt the QB. He was double teamed for the majority of the 2nd half yesterday and was sometimes triple teamed. Add Gregory to the mix and with better luck with health, this pass rush might become really scary. 5 sacks in one half was the most of Brady's career. But the upside of our defense is being overshadowed by a three-game losing streak and being without Romo and Dez for the foreseeable future.
Funny you wrote this this was my exact thought. Hardy reminds me of Haley I just didn't want to say it cause its so soon. No disrespect to Demarcus Ware but Hardy seems to be the first Pass Rusher who teams feared and could dominate a game for the Cowboys since the 90s

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think cowboys would be 4-1 at worst without the injuries to dez and romo. Weeden and randal simply are not going to win a game for us. We will likely be 2-7 when romo gets back

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough game, but I think most of us kind of expected it to be a tough one.
Weeden: Can't blame him fully because on a bunch of these plays it looks like no one is open, but certainly he isn't going above and beyond and lost 3 in a row. So why not take a look at Cassell? Just everyone please remember this still is Matt Cassell so don't expect Romo II to run onto the field. Whether its Weeden or the play calling (it is certainly at least in part the play calling), you just can't keep throwing to the RB on 3rd and long. The play calling can't just play not to lose, because that almost always leads to losing.

Running Backs: Again, not great, not horrible. I know it was one play, but great vision and cut by Michael and then the power that we know was there too. Why not keep him in and see if you can get a spark and build on it?

Leary: Bad game. I'm probably the biggest Leary fan on here, but whatever it was, he needs to play better or he is going to lose his spot.

WRs: Need to get open and catch the ball. Nothing profound there

Turnovers: Two more easy TOs that we let slip away.

Sean Lee: Hey, he is human. Two obvious missed open field tackles

Hardy: Holy Shit is he a force. You could just see how he made the others on the DL better too. You don't see Brady get beat up that badly too often. This DL with Gregory back is going to give us some chances to win games. This bodes well for the rest of the year. Lawrence, Gregory, Hardy and Crawford looks pretty formidable to me.

Jones: I saw some negative comments, but Gronk beats up on everyone. I thought he played well. One of those plays was PI against Gronk too.

Team: Huge game after the bye. If we win we are still in the drivers seat IMO even if we are behind in the standings. You win all your NFC East games and you win the division. If we lose the Giants obviously are in the drivers seat. Call me stupid, but I still think if we can get healthy we can take this division. We gave up 30 points, but the arrow for this defense is pointing up...

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough game, but I think most of us kind of expected it to be a tough one.
Weeden: Can't blame him fully because on a bunch of these plays it looks like no one is open, but certainly he isn't going above and beyond and lost 3 in a row. So why not take a look at Cassell? Just everyone please remember this still is Matt Cassell so don't expect Romo II to run onto the field. Whether its Weeden or the play calling (it is certainly at least in part the play calling), you just can't keep throwing to the RB on 3rd and long. The play calling can't just play not to lose, because that almost always leads to losing.

Running Backs: Again, not great, not horrible. I know it was one play, but great vision and cut by Michael and then the power that we know was there too. Why not keep him in and see if you can get a spark and build on it?

Leary: Bad game. I'm probably the biggest Leary fan on here, but whatever it was, he needs to play better or he is going to lose his spot.

WRs: Need to get open and catch the ball. Nothing profound there

Turnovers: Two more easy TOs that we let slip away.

Sean Lee: Hey, he is human. Two obvious missed open field tackles

Hardy: Holy Shit is he a force. You could just see how he made the others on the DL better too. You don't see Brady get beat up that badly too often. This DL with Gregory back is going to give us some chances to win games. This bodes well for the rest of the year. Lawrence, Gregory, Hardy and Crawford looks pretty formidable to me.

Jones: I saw some negative comments, but Gronk beats up on everyone. I thought he played well. One of those plays was PI against Gronk too.

Team: Huge game after the bye. If we win we are still in the drivers seat IMO even if we are behind in the standings. You win all your NFC East games and you win the division. If we lose the Giants obviously are in the drivers seat. Call me stupid, but I still think if we can get healthy we can take this division. We gave up 30 points, but the arrow for this defense is pointing up...

Things might even out just a little too. Odell and Rueben both tweak their hammy's on Sunday.
It does not seem serious but that could be problematic having to go to Philly Monday night.

That game is going to be a fight and they will lose a day of rest while we come off the buy.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli is playing as well as I have ever seen him play. I thought last year when they put in this GB offense it would hurt him somewhat. It hasn't yet. If Cruz ever gets healthy with Randle and Odell- wow. I didn't even mention Vereen. I like their RBs too. It was an amazing win for them the other night. For that TE to catch that pass, not to mention the SF DB trapping the INt - it almost seemed like an evening out thing from the first game. Oh well. It is what it is.