• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Parents of Iowa parents write letter to B1G commish.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawkeyes football parents pen open letter to B1G, call lack of leadership 'offensive'

The parents of Iowa football players are taking issue with the B1G’s sudden decision to cancel fall sports and college football for the 2020 season. Friday morning, Dawn Beyer, mother of Hawkeyes tight end Shaun Beyer, shared a message the parents penned to the conference.

Beyer says parents at Iowa, and across the B1G, want more transparency.

“BIG10 parents are uniting and want transparency,” Beyer wrote on Twitter. “Letters are going to the commissioner, speaking with the press, more are joining in. This letter represents the voice of many Iowa football parents that have joined together to get some answers.”

The letter points to the B1G releasing a new 10-game, conference-only schedule on Aug. 5, and commissioner Kevin Warren saying that he felt comfortable enough to let his son, a football player at Misssissippi State, continue to play given the testing and protocols in place.

Six days later, Warren and B1G presidents and chancellors reversed course. The season wasn’t just delayed until late September, the choice was made to postpone all fall sports, including football, until at least spring.

In the letter, the Iowa parents say it is “appalling” that nobody consulted the players in the decision-making process, and that their voices were not heard. The letter also states that the “lack of communication and leadership is offensive.”

Below is the complete letter shared by Beyer on social media:

Iowa-letters.jpg

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helicopter parents being helicopters.

I’m not saying they’re wrong but this isn’t a trend I want to see happening either.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe some of the big 10 and pac 12 players shouldn't have been calling for unionizing. they should write a letter to those players because they caused this (along with conferences being afraid of future lawsuits if players got covid and had long-term heart issues because of it)

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warren is a gutless puke.
I'd like to see how Delaney would have handled this situation.

To my knowledge he's been silent about the issue.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warren is a gutless puke.
I'd like to see how Delaney would have handled this situation.

To my knowledge he's been silent about the issue.
Hey man... why don't you throw your weight around and make something happen, corn? Til then ..

giphy.gif

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helicopter parents being helicopters.

I’m not saying they’re wrong but this isn’t a trend I want to see happening either.

My boy's HS is still planning to play their schedule, minus the Omaha Public School teams who's games were all cancelled.

The had 10 games scheduled.
3 of those were OPS schools.

Therefore, they are on a 7 game schedule.

All parents signed Covid release letters for them to hit the weight room in June, begin 7-on-7 drills and have team meetings in July, to practice in August, and play games this fall.

School liabilities are completely removed, no different than release letters signed every year for football related injuries.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My boy's HS is still planning to play their schedule, minus the Omaha Public School teams who's games were all cancelled.

The had 10 games scheduled.
3 of those were OPS schools.

Therefore, they are on a 7 game schedule.

All parents signed Covid release letters for them to hit the weight room in June, begin 7-on-7 drills and have team meetings in July, to practice in August, and play games this fall.

School liabilities are completely removed, no different than release letters signed every year for football related injuries.
My old high school has quit practicing because some of the coaches (including the HC and his wife who has auto-immune issues) and eight players tested positive. They've had to call of the first two games.

It sucks.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dear parents....most of, if not all, of these athletes are 18 or over. You don't really have a say

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe some of the big 10 and pac 12 players shouldn't have been calling for unionizing. they should write a letter to those players because they caused this (along with conferences being afraid of future lawsuits if players got covid and had long-term heart issues because of it)
Inb4 someone says to pay them

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dear parents....most of, if not all, of these athletes are 18 or over. You don't really have a say

Most of those players are not getting full rides. There are probably more walk ons than full rides. And I bet those that don't have full rides, their parents are paying for what financial aid doesn't cover.

I would say they deserve a say.

Last edited:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My old high school has quit practicing because some of the coaches (including the HC and his wife who has auto-immune issues) and eight players tested positive. They've had to call of the first two games.

It sucks.

My boy's in Two-a-days right now. Started Monday.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As @Wild Turkey said, there are 'helicopter parents" out there who will indeed sue.

You can't have it both ways.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw an interview on FOX News with Michigan DB Hunter Reynolds who said players want to play regardless.

3, 2, 1, for a Desmond Howard attack to kick Hunter Reynolds off the team or Michigan out of the conference.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of those players are not getting full rides. There are probably more walk ons than full rides. And I bet those that don't have full rides, their parents are paying for what financial aid doesn't cover.

I would say they deserve a say.
False

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked at the thread title and wondered why grandparents were getting involved.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's not enough with all the whimpering from you.. not even WI fans are as bad as y'all and they have a reason to be upset, they were going to challenge for the division..

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's not enough with all the whimpering from you.. not even WI fans are as bad as y'all and they have a reason to be upset, they were going to challenge for the division..

Yeah, you should probably STFU about challenging for anything, donghorn.

upload_2020-8-14_11-53-59.png